A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 9783 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anaximander
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2010 08:09:50 PM »

I've finally managed to do a general accounting of my sewing projects.

Let's see. I have 2 "bento boxxu" bags to finish by next weekend to serve as incognito camera bags for friends going to Japan. Not really quilting, but the pressure's on about them.

One Figgy Pudding (moda) quilt that combines a very large center panel surrounded by hidden nine square blocks. This one the top is maybe 95% complete - I need about 4 more yards of a dark brown kona cotton to finish it and can't find it near me. Maybe when I go to the states this weekend.

One I'm calling Etoile, using glace by moda turnovers. 8 pointed stars made up of half square triangles. This top is actually almost complete, and given my life at this moment, that's a bit of a miracle. It's really "pretty" - I don't normally do pretty, but I liked the colours. I have everything for this.

One doesn't have a name, but it's a quilt that is now on its third iteration. I first made it about 8 or 9 years ago. It was a christmas present, and it's a blue and yellow log cabin that was arranged in an offset star format (will post pictures of it when done.) After 4 years, the owner wanted the quilting changed from just an in the ditch to a prettier pattern. I said that I would, if this was the way she intended to keep it forever. Two years after that, she asked if I would "pretty please" upsize it to a queen. Cut to shot of anaximander pulling out over 9,000 stitches, separating it, and requilting the top, AGAIN. I've added the borders to the top, but not to the bottom, so I have to quilt those, then bind the sucker.

A tshirt quilt where my mom made me the top and all I have to do is quilt it and back it. I feel guilty for not finishing this sooner.

Another quilt for the same friend (what can I say, I'm a masochist) that is really interesting, using Timeless Treasures' bali batiks. It's a modified stack & whack, done using rainbow colours, and is really, really pretty. It's assembled and basted, but the owner has yet to figure out the design she wants quilted into it. Right.

I'm about to start a wholecloth double wedding ring quilt, probably muted variegated on an ivory or a dark brown (or perhaps one of each). It's got scalloped edges, and I've not done that before.

I'm also helping Mom plan a quilt for me - it'll be a Lone Star quilt with blue batiks, but that's as far as we've gotten - if anyone knows of a good book or has experience with that, let me know.

I'm also doing something to lay across a chair my cat likes, which is a 30x30 piece with an appliqued kokopelli.

The last one is actually a repair job - a wholecloth quilt with some applique made by my great grandmother that's starting to, for lack of a better word, biodegrade. It was all done by hand, so the repairs'll have to be done the same way. Not sure how I'm going to do that Wink

I *think* that's it. I *think.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Marmish

Quincy the Pug

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2010 10:08:50 AM »

anaximander, no freaking way would I be pulling out all those stitches!  You must have the patience of a saint!  The HST is finished and posted over in completed projects.  I'm working on the Burda Heidi dress, but have the wonky purple blocks on deck, I think.

If anyone's made the Heidi, did you keep the front tucks or change to darts?  I'm rather busty and am not sure the tucks are going to work for me.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZumaGirl74
Rebel at home & abroad.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2010 02:53:06 PM »

Well I've finished up two baby quilts... so that feels good.  But my friends keep getting knocked up... so there are two or three more on the list now.  =/  I do like making baby quilts, but I wish my friends would space their pregnancies out a bit!  LOL

I have a reddish / purpley batik quilt in the works for me.  It's in the quilting stage, about half way done.

I finished a funky squares in squares kind of quilt... haven't uploaded pictures yet because I don't really like it.  It was disappointing all the way through.  I was thinking maybe if I added a few more lines of quilting I might like it more... we'll see.

And based on the leftover fabric from that quilt I'm making a stripey- quilt.  The top is not yet finished. Maybe I'll work on that tonight to get it out of the way. 

Then it'll be baby quilts, baby quilts, baby quilts again for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2010 03:13:43 PM »

i am beavering away at swap blocks. yay swap blocks!

and since i spent a good part of the past two weeks sorting and trimming my ridiculous amount of flannel scraps. i see many many many more scrappy 100 wishes/i spy type baby quilts for the donation bins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
faithsmama
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2010 11:11:19 PM »

how have i never made it over to the quilting forum before, y'all are amazing!

i'm working on my first quilt, a ticker tape on white flannel, twin size, for my 3 year old. i'm using scraps from clothes i've made for her, and all the pinks are leftovers from a quilt my mom made my grandmother. i figured i'd start with this because there's no piecing, but turning that thing for each little ticker is beastly, lol. ah well, i really like how it's coming together. i've done a little more than this (crappy nighttime) picture shows, but still less than half.

now when it's time to bind, i'll probably be back with a jillion questions!! that part scares the bejeezus out of me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2010 11:53:53 PM »

It looks great! So you are turning the edges under? I thought these were raw edge applique when I've seen them before. But I guess that could get a little messy.  Oh wait, maybe you meant turning the quilt as you are top stitching?  I love the fabrics you've chosen!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010 11:54:35 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2010 05:07:50 AM »

i love the ticker tape... it's on my list.  sigh. my list has gotten a bit out of hand this week...  and i have a new 6 (six!!) memory quilt commission. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
faithsmama
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2010 01:39:25 PM »

it's all raw edge, so yeah, turning the whole kit and kaboodle around each square Smiley in hindsight i maybe should have left more white space in between, but it is what it is now, no turning back!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KitsuneKrafter
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2010 06:52:14 PM »

I've got a landscape quilt half finished with piecing and a baby quilt that needs appliqued.

And then there is the dress I am going to finish tonight, and the bags and pants and another quilt idea....yeah.

Got lots of bits and pieces going right now. Including some English paper piecing bits I am using as appliques to dress up a thrift store skirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Know thyself.
Marmish

Quincy the Pug

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2010 12:26:07 PM »

Sunday I worked on my wonky log cabin squares at the MQG meeting, and I have been sloooowly finishing the blocks for my quilt from the LQS 5 swap.  I have two paper pieced blocks, about 4 to go, I think.  I'm also making a dress and finally, finally found fabric for my Weekender bag
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Product Reviews January 2014
How Celebrities Get Ready for Award Season
Get Red Carpet Ready with Award Winning Nails
Company Claims Suction Device Creates Fuller Lips
Cameron Diaz Is Anti-Botox
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...