A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Washer necklaces for friends and family! *Tutorial Added at bottom of 1st post*  (Read 133313 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pendant , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knitting_Chemistry
Playing with acid and fire? That's a normal day...

Knitting and chemistry...too perfect for words...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009 05:46:57 PM »

These are really pretty! Thanks for making the tutorial.  I will definitely be making some of these for me and probably some gifts!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science goggles!!! Is there no limit to their awesome power?!?
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009 05:47:11 PM »

Don't you need to rough up the metal a bit to make the glue stick better? I bought some large washers once for crafts, and never did anything with them. I could see some wired bead embellishments on these.
Thanks for the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009 08:50:38 PM »

These are SO COOL! I've seen people wrap yarn around washers, but not anything like this! Rocked!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PureOath
Raconteur Extraordinare

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009 09:10:48 PM »

Those are absolutely beautiful.  I will have to try something like it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to do a personal swap with (or will outright pay for) a knitter who could make an adult sized knitted t-rex sweater for Christmas. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
onescrappinjohnson
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009 10:13:44 PM »

Where can you find the Glossy Accents? Walmart or Michael's in Canada?
LOVE the idea, perfect for my teen daughter to make for her friends for Christmas!
I found mine at Joann's in the Scrapbook section, but it took me forever to find. (I couldn't find anyone to help me so I ended up calling the store I was in and was like "Hi I am in isle three can you help me?" ) Anyway it is used for stamps alot so try looking in that section or in the adhesive section. I am sure though you can find it at any craft like store.

Don't you need to rough up the metal a bit to make the glue stick better?
I don't rough up my washers and the mod podge stick just fine. What I do is put the Mod Podge on the washer first; then I put it on the back of my paper.  By the time that I put the two together it is not as wet and more sticky. KWIM? I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Also I would worry about bumps if it were roughed up. The washer though does have a rough side and a smooth side. I use the smooth side because I like the look of it more. To each their own though.

Thank you so much for all of your kind words, sorry it took so long to reply but it has been a crazy weekend. I can't wait to see all of your guys pictures of you washer necklaces!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlebluegirl
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009 12:23:00 AM »

Wow, what a brilliant idea!!  This is why I love Craftser, people are so talented and inspirational.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cre8ivegenes
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009 01:14:22 PM »

Now these might also be cute for Christmas Ornaments with Holiday gift wrap paper and Holiday ribbon and a bow. I'm going to try those as well. It would be fun to give someone  a ornament and necklace that match and have a bow at the top if the ornament. I have a friend that has a coffee theme tree and I have some coffee bean scrap booking paper I wanted to use for her for something. This would be cute. I could even dangle and string some coffee beans off the ornament! Depending on the washer you might even do some zipper pulls for luggage or a purse. I sometimes make purse charms. I like them to jazz up a older bag so it feels new again! This idea rocks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Red Paint

I think it's broken.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009 07:21:17 PM »

Awesome!  Thank you so much for sharing the tutorial, what a fun project...  And I just have to say that I love this:

I found mine at Joann's in the Scrapbook section, but it took me forever to find. (I couldn't find anyone to help me so I ended up calling the store I was in and was like "Hi I am in isle three can you help me?" )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lipzilla
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009 06:07:00 AM »

Beautiful!  You are so talented, thanks so much for sharing your tutorial.  *This Rocks*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fraise-acide
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009 10:00:40 AM »

Love 'em!

Perfect for christmas presents, cheap, easy and AWESOME.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Are the Best Long Hair Wedding Hairstyles?
How To Do A Quick And Easy Messy Bun
40s Inspired Hairstyles at Carolina Herrera Fall 2013 Show
Summer Hair Care Tips For Moms
Cut Down Your Morning Routine With the Best Dry Shampoos
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...