A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,912
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 5: The Gallery  (Read 17036 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2009 12:44:44 PM »

[size=13package number onept][/size]

here is my package number one.

al together. full of chocolates ( that the boys loved, i couldnt have any.) and coffee (yay) and it was great to get a better idea of my partners tastes for package number two.  arghhh is that ever creeping up quick!

and my favourite.

trust me the picture doesn't do it justice.

thanks mlookyloo1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
kissing.shadows

Snippity, Snip!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2010 02:48:27 PM »

KittyWrangler sent the best package. Sorry the pictures took so long, but this is a very busy time of year. I have FINALLY gotten around to it.  So here it is and prepare to be amazed. She totally spoiled me.
Here is everything together:

The umbrella is something she always has with her.
The knee high socks reflect her personal style. The photo with the socks represents her non craft hobby, roller derby.

The book of lists helps her stay organized and above it is a tissue box cover with one of her favorite patterns on it. The scarf is a winter essential.

a woven book mark and basket made from paper (something made from paper). Something sentimental, the picture of her is her favortie ever, she is 3 years old in it.

There is Aussie chocolate, which is sooooooo yummy. there was more but it didnt make it into the pictures. Something she wears on her body. Weird things. the necklace has a messed up old bearing on it. which i totally love. and the pins are from the roller durby.

We have a lot in common and i really love everything. I have already worn the knee high socks, and eaten the chocolates. I have worn the necklace and am using the book mark in a book i just started. I am using the list book for my crafts that i need to get done. I love how both our sentimental items were photos. as for the scarf and umbrella, the umbrella has been used in many photos and the scarf has as well. i love love love everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mlookyloo1
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2010 08:44:11 PM »

I love the socks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
kitkat_pro

Mender for the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2010 10:55:35 PM »

I love those socks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists/Pinterest
Out of the dusk a shadow, Then a spark; Out of the cloud a silence, Then a lark; Out of the heart a rapture, Then a pain; Out of the dead, cold ashes, Life again. ~ John Banister Tabb
mlookyloo1
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2010 12:40:18 PM »

I thnk I am ready to send out Smiley package 2 this has been of lots of fun to do Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitkat_pro

Mender for the destroyer of worlds

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2010 10:41:51 AM »

I received my 1st package on Christmas eve, so I have been bad. I wanted to post earlier but life has a way of getting in the way. I do have to say that I loved everything that Kaiser Scissorhands sent me and I wore the toque and scarf the night I got it Grin.

I Love these so much I have worn them almost every time I have gone out, lol.

I love these fabrics, the green is heavy kinda like a canvas and the red and black is a sheer.

The body wash is in my shower, lol. I have yet to try the tea, but it smells nice.

I LOVE these yarns, lol. I just have to figure out what to make with them, I might make some maching fingerless gloves out of the green to go with my toque and scarf.

There was also a pad of grid paper that represented her favourite gave, but my daughter commandeered that!
As well as a huge bag of jelly belly's which was taken by my hubby and DD, and the Sour Punch candy didn't even make it a minute after opening since they are my favourite candy!

Thank you Kaiser Scissorhands I LOVE it all and anticipate what I will get in package two especially the mysterious piece that you just found, lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists/Pinterest
Out of the dusk a shadow, Then a spark; Out of the cloud a silence, Then a lark; Out of the heart a rapture, Then a pain; Out of the dead, cold ashes, Life again. ~ John Banister Tabb
Agulauna
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2010 08:45:05 PM »

I just received my package from sarahj2001!

I wanted to learn how to make things with resin and she sent me a kit complete with step by step instructions she made.

Along with that were two pretty sparkly switch-plate covers that were immediately put to use.  Cheesy

And two bowls, one made from a record and the other, from fair tickets (which is her favorite bowl she has made). I really like that idea!

For the other favorites she made a scrap holder/ pincushion. This will be very helpful to me, as I previously made a pile of scraps, broken needles, and thread on the table I sew on, which is the table we eat off of also. My mom will be happy! Lol.

In action

Other favorites:

And an adorable aviator cap from my wists. I love it so much.

Thank you sarahj!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make public art
mlookyloo1
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2010 03:49:32 PM »

I sent out package 2 today Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indywriter
I am my grandma's girl

The reason why.

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2010 10:08:23 PM »

I received package #2 from edie22 today.

Here's a group shot:

But let's take a closer look...

8 Fat Quarters!  And some bright yellow thread to match.

A shopping bag made partly from a T-shirt with a cool logo (I love grocery shopping too, edie22... especially alone with my MP3 player).

And a super cute coupon caddy for grocery shopping.  I totally needed this, my coupon handling has been embarrassing... misplaced bargains, losing them amongst the groceries in my cart...  This will be a big help!

A magnetic journal.  edie22 and I share a fondness for journals...

And my absolute favorite part...  Handwarmers from my wist!  I love these sooooo much!  My office is freezing, so these will definitely be used.  They fit perfectly and the yarn is awesome (it has so many little muted bits of color that these will match almost everything)!

My happy (warm) hand:

Thanks edie22!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indywriter 
http://www.haleycreations.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/indywriter

------------------<---<--<@
I know a little garden close
Set thick with Lily and red Rose
Where I would wander if I might
From dewy dawn to dewy night.

W. Morris
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2010 12:43:27 PM »

I received my package 2 today from Agulauna! 

First I got a bag similar to one in my wists...

And a crochet hook roll made from fused marshmallow bags (this is utilizing her best craft..sewing).  Also two reusable sandwich bags

And some local candy (looks yummy..I havn't tried it yet but I'm sure it won't last much longer Smiley) and a stuffed eyeball representingher love for surrealist art and fashion.

Thanks so much Agulauna!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010 12:44:23 PM by sarahj2001 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...