A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 5: The Gallery  (Read 15256 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Agulauna
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009 05:57:10 PM »

I got my absolutely amazing package from sarahj2001 today!

Edible- Homemade peanut butter fudge

Kitchen Staple- A handy dandy salad shaker

Something in Purse, Paper, & Organization- a tide pen for those messy moments and cute fruit shaped and dog patterned note pads for making lists

Something to wear-beautiful crocheted granny square gloves which i am wearing right now!

Sentimental and Favorite Store- A candle and rock candy. The candy is the same kind her mom gave her every year at Christmas; all from the same bag over the years!

Favorite Animal and Good Smell- Her adorable chocolate lab who she named her chocolate soap after and soaps she made. The rose smells delicious.

Yarn- A cozy crocheted hat

Favorite Craft- Resin pendants. Two have plants in them and the other has sprinkles

Collection- Smashed Ohio pennies and postcards

Local- A snack cake called Gobs. Mmmm.

And a picture of it all

Thank you so much sarahj!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make public art
mlookyloo1
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009 03:18:42 PM »

the fudge looks good Smiley nice package
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
MadGypsy
Crazy new age art nerd hippie love lunatic

I love artists. You are my people.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009 10:51:04 AM »

I received from Aimeerox today and OMG I LOVE everything. My partner is so fun. Grin Grin Grin

I was totally blown away because I've been admiring her peace scarf on her Etsy and lo and behold, there was one in the package as a winter essential Smiley

That purple dread band is from her as well (her favorite hair accessory) I LOVE IT!!!

she also sent another skinny scarf which I thought also looked fab in my dreads

Something made of paper:

this set of awesome Mad Gypsy notecards. I fell in love with them and immediately decided to mount them on a ribbon and hang them under my studio sign.

I used some of the beads from this great bag of odds and ends (things she likes to collect)

also included a very cute hemp bracelet that I immediately put on my wrist after this picture.

A cute little soap cozy (something made of yarn) and a bar of blackberry vanilla soap (something that smells good)

Things to stay organized- a planner and a VERY pretty notebook and also something with literature- a literary magazine from her college.

something with her fav pattern- this uber cute rainbow bag

I love rainbow so much Cheesy

and some super awesome extras- this simply adorable peace applique and a pastel rainbow bag that she said she couldn't find the perfect button for but I just might have one Cheesy

I absolutely love everything. Aimeerox totally rocks.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009 01:41:47 PM by MadGypsy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

See the happy moron, he doesn't give a damn. I wish I could be a moron. My God! Perhaps I am!

http://madgypsy.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/madgypsy
http://madgypsystudio.blogspot.com/

I love personal swaps
Ratfinkz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009 12:22:02 PM »

I received an awesome package today from the wonderful CathieB - and am feeling guilty as I havent sent mine yet! Still, should be doing tomorrow!

Beware - this post is pic heavy.

First a pic of everything

So, one by one I got

Oodles of sweets for the something edible catergory - I have nearly eaten a whole packet of the Maomi already n Embarrassed

Gorgeous wool which I cant wait to knit with, and wonderfdul stitchmarkers (have always wanted some stitch markers!)

Something sentimental, a flourite heart, she collects crystals and thought this one would suit me - it has calming properties. I also collect Crystals - so am very happy with this!

Something local - an ironic colouring book on her local shopping centre - which made me laugh - Bristol is a bit grey then? A local map with post its on telling where things that are important to her are and a card with some touristy pictures

Oh my fiance has just passed me dinner - will update the rest after! XX

Sorry got distracted after dinner - the rest of my goodies are:

Purse essential:

Horatio hippo - along with some lipbalm and a moleskine notebook

Something related to non crafting hobby

a programme from a recent choir she was in and a double cleft bag charm which I love close up of bag charm

A winter essential - Tissues, hand cream and soothers. She's also sending me a caliometry but it forgot to go in the box so she's sending it along later

something to wear

A gorgeous scarf - although I dont normally like pink - I absolutely love this scarf!!!

Something that smells nice

Lavender soap and vanilla candles - yumm!!!! I love Lavender.

Oh I also got a selection of cadburys hot chocolates - including hot chocolate bars - which are to die for - I made one as soon as I opened the parcel - yummylicious!

Thank you very much Cathieb - I love it all and cant wait to package two - I think certain things in my package are gonna make you laugh - we've been quite similar!!!!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009 07:01:10 AM by Feline2001 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009 06:43:38 PM »

I received from freestyle today!  The box was super densely packed and stuffed with goodies Smiley
(I'm going to put the copious pictures on a photo host that sometimes has problems for a small percentage of people, sorry if you are one of them!)

Everything all at once!

Something related to fiber: batts a la freestyle!

Something related to her favorite holiday: painted plates!

Favorite craft supply: fabrics! (and nice ones too)

Something from her favorite store, World Market: a ramen bowl, perfect for me to use for lunch at work Smiley

Something from your purse: lip balm  (I'm an addict too)
Something that you wear: cozy socks
Something related to literature: Anne McCaffrey book (and I haven't read this one yet either)

Something drinkable: yummy tea
Something with your favorite color: tea mug with strainer

Favorite animal: cute little penguin!
Something random: pom pom kitty cat kit, haha Smiley

Something edible: spicy snack mix and chocolate covered pretzels, yum

Kitchen staple is in the first big picture: fondue plates for dipping sauces, super handy

Thanks for all the great stuff, freestyle! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009 08:54:03 PM »

Wow great package you got there, ptarmic! I have one of those ramen bowls too, I also have one that is orange instead of green and says "Wonton" lolz I love Cost Plus World Market, though for the longest time I called it "The International Candy Store" because I couldn't remember the name and they have a HUGE section just for international candy and junk food. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
edie22
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009 09:24:32 PM »

I received today from indywriter!!

the extras - a fat quarter (YAY my sewing machine comes tomorrow!), some beautifully delicate yarn that I am almost scared to do anythign with and a wonderful christmas kit!

you can see her letters in the background.  they are so detailed!! I didn't include anything like that, I'll have to with the next box. 
so clockwise.  letters explaining everything, Something edible (apple cinnamon preserves), favorite musical artist (the monkees), something sentimental - the photo frame, and a purse essential - candy! The file is another extra, i believe.

something you collect - stationary (hey, me too! Smiley), a craft essential - purse handles,  a winter essential - thermal mug, non-craft hobby, reading! I can't wait to read an actual book! Smiley 

essential to favorite craft - patterns! and favorite non-listed a journal!

I'm so excited about everything!! I am setting my my craft area (finally) tomorrow and am going to put everything in its place! Smiley

Edie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009 11:32:51 PM »

Ooh, awesome packages! I love World Market too, in fact I sent my partner in the stocking swap one of those loose tea strainer mugs!

I have that same orange dots fat quarter, love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009 05:22:51 AM »

wow! great packages so far! both my partner and i have received, but cant post pics til later on...

HEY! I have a World Market close by, i have never even been! Shocked. i had no idea they were so cool! Guess i always make a bee line for next door, Hobby Lobby and Rugged Warehouse..... wow, i gotta check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indywriter
I am my grandma's girl

The reason why.

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009 11:08:29 AM »

I received a lovely package from edie22 yesterday.

Take a look:

These are all the goodies she sent.  And after seeing a lot of this, I think we have a lot in common...

Here's some things showing: her favorite animal (monkey patches), favorite holiday (Christmas ornament), purse essentials (chap stick, lip gloss, and tissues), and something edible (chocolate fudge with walnuts... jealous?).  I totally had to hide this stuff overnight to keep my girls from scavenging all the goodies.

This bunch includes: something local (Florida magnet and key chain), something you wear (a sweet little headband), something that smells good (Bounce softener sheets... I totally love the smell of fabric softener, so funny!), and something related to yarn (a shimmering little crocheted bag... This may become an American Girl's purse if I can part with it).

And this last group includes something of sentimental value (walk for the cure slippers... edie22's grandma had cancer and so did mine) and something she collects (office supplies, including pencils, neat shaped paper clips, and a notepad... I am a total stationery junkie, so this is perfect!)

And just in case you weren't paying attention earlier... did you miss the part where I got fudge?

Thanks edie22!  It was nice to get a little early Christmas present when I have to spend so much time doing Santa's work for everyone else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indywriter 
http://www.haleycreations.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/indywriter

------------------<---<--<@
I know a little garden close
Set thick with Lily and red Rose
Where I would wander if I might
From dewy dawn to dewy night.

W. Morris
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Beauty Travel Essentials from OscarPRGirl
How to Get Big Brows
How to Create Bold, Pink Lips
How to Apply Winged Eye Makeup
How to Contour Your Face
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...