A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 5: The Gallery  (Read 15706 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009 11:20:14 AM »

I got my first package today from Agulauna.

Seaweed Snack and Hot Chocolate!

She said she always has a pen in her bag...so she gave me this cool zipper pen! 
Something to keep organized - cute little box
A fabric she liked (I love it too!) - she made me this cute wallet!

Something made out of paper - notecards - she writes lists on notecards like this
Something that smells good - peppermint soap -  it sure does smell good!
Some henna - When I was little I did this once to myself...I'm excited to give myself a henna tattoo (after christmas)

Favorite Fabric - she made me a bag for my biking shoes
Recycled Materials/Her personal style - she made this cool belt from mesh produce bags!  How neat.

Thank you so much again Agulauna!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009 03:00:02 AM »

All the packages are so cool!  It's so much fun to see what everyone sent and the things that I never thought of!  I can't wait till EdelC receives her package - it might be the beginning of next week though. *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mlookyloo1
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009 10:06:50 AM »

My frist package from sloth003
 1 chcolate  2 lip chap 3 maple mustard day 4 zip pouch 5 tea wallet with tea 6 hand cream 7 fat quarter 8 dish towel 9 soap 10 hand made pendant
I love it all the mustard is very good and the pendant I'am gooding to wear it to my christmas party tonight  thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
cathieb
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009 05:30:50 AM »

I got my package from feline2001 yesterday, yay!
Here it is, and I'm amazed at some of the similarities

Package One

Favourite animal: gorgeous rat plushie

Something edible/ drinkable
I put these together just because of the way I photographed them. Edible was the Matchmakers (YUM!) and dib dabs, and the drinkable is the awesome french vanilla and double chocolate coffees. One of my housemates keeps trying to steal the vanilla, which is absolutely yum. I've not tried the chocolate one yet

Something that smells nice: oil diffuser. Has come in useful for covering the smell of coffee in my room Smiley

Something related to yarn: fluffy scarf- omg this is the softest thing EVER!! I love it.

Something related to favourite flower: Lavendar soap and lavendar candles- I had to laugh when I saw the soap- who'dve thought it!! It smells divine as well

Favourite character: tigger cross stitch. LOVE this. He's on my bedside cabinet at the moment
Related to reading: very hungry caterpillar fabric - totally my favourite book as a child too- in fact, one of my friends bought me a copy of hte book for my 30th birthday, and a mug for my 31st!

Favourite craft supply: super snugglicious yarn!! You have to touch it to understand...

Something related to favourite holiday: Christmas stamps/ ink pads.
Not very easy to see (crap photos, sorry) - but the stamps are a bauble, snowflakes and present

Thank you SO much for this package Sarah, it's amazing how much we have in common. I should say there were also some photos of her life, ratties etc but I didn't want to post them if thats ok? I can't wait til package 2!!

oh, and apologies for the rubbish photos/backdrop. The light is weird in my room, and the only surface I have is my bed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lolablue.squarespace.com/

Obligatory swap details:
Make a Friend round 5:
 package 1: sent!!
 Package 2: pending
 Package 3: pending
mlookyloo1
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009 12:11:35 PM »

nice package Smiley love that yarn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009 03:07:52 AM »

Package #1

I received from EdelC!  The family oohed and ahhed over everything, it was a lot of fun! Cheesy  I'm not going in any particular order, so here we go:

This one fell into several categories: favorite fashion accessory/something sentimental and a favorite craft supply - this beautiful bag!  EdelC did not make the bag, but received it from someone else and is sharing it with me, I am a lucky girl!!

Something related to reading - a shirt based on her favorite children's book, which happens to also be one of MY favorites as well!

Something related to her favorite flower - a photo of roses that she took in Switzerland!  I also love roses, they are timeless as well as being one of the few flowers that don't affect my asthma.

Something that reflects her personal style - BLING!  Gorgeous earrings!!  I will be wearing these for the holidays for sure!

Something related to a non-craft hobby - travel tag!  I'm going to London with my sister in 2010, as Edel knows, so this will come in handy!

Something related to her favorite holiday - Christmas!  Which is also my favorite holiday.  We are finding that we are very similar, which is great fun!

Something edible - Cadbury snack bars and sinful looking and smelling chocolate chips!  The bars are only found in Ireland, I can't wait to try them, in fact, I can't believe I've held out so long already! Cheesy

Something local - Lyons original blend loose tea!  I drink a lot of tea and can't wait to try this one!

Something yarn related - Edel made these armwarmers from a cable knit sweater, aren't they cute?! Smiley  The picture didn't seem to come out right as to the color, but they are very red and cheery!

Something that smells nice - it's Christmas incense, frankincense, cinnamon pine cypruss and orange peel clove.  You put it all together and it smells lovely and is to clear the air of negativity and heaviness.  Just in the little bag it smells divine.

Something she always keeps in her bag - a tea wallet.  Edel said it is essential to get through the day! Cheesy I took two photos of this as it is totally cute and is going in my work tote immediately.  Not only did she send a tea wallet, but she filled it with various kinds of teas all labeled!

Something related to a craft - IKEA fabric (toooo cute!), lace trims that are from London and one of them is about 30yrs old!, cute little flower trim and the blue and white bobbles.  Edel didn't know this, but when I was 16 I had to drive my mom's car to get to my afterschool job.  The car had bucket seats and I hadn't hit 5' yet  (I KNOW!! Cheesy).  My mom made me a pillow to sit on that was blue and white gingham with blue and white bobble trim.  I think I may make a mini pillow with the bobbles! Smiley

I think this package was one of the most fun I have ever opened!  I can't wait to send Edel her next package!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009 03:11:18 AM by SevsOnlyGirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009 04:38:23 AM »

Sevs I am so glad you received and found some things in there that you like! The roses photo doesn't appeared to have survived the journey terribly well!

the other papckages that have been received have some awesome stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MEshelltakeone
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009 08:30:19 AM »

WOW! That birdcage fabric (tea wallet) is fabulous!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2009 08:37:33 AM »

MEshelltakeone 
 I adore the fabric too. I only had a fat quarter, I found it in a market in London, it was ridiculously expensive, but I couldnt resist as it is so gorgeous
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MEshelltakeone
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009 10:14:00 AM »

MEshelltakeone 
 I adore the fabric too. I only had a fat quarter, I found it in a market in London, it was ridiculously expensive, but I couldnt resist as it is so gorgeous

oh, i dont blame you! I live in the states (Tennessee) and I just don't see gorgeous fabrics like that around here, I blame the southern/countryness of the state...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Short Hairstyles for Women
African American Hairstyles Tips
How to Create Long Hair Updo
How to Create Curly Hair Updos
Upside Down Haircut
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...