A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finally on to the fun stuff-nursery decorating!  (Read 5696 times)
Tags for this thread: name , nursery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

claraohara
« on: December 02, 2009 02:15:27 PM »

One day my brain decided to flicker on....(It has been on a bit of a holiday since I was pregnant last year and even after the birth of my daughter it decided to not come back.)
So randomly  while attempting to clean my crafty space I found some mini canvas' I had bought a while ago and decided to do something completely different to originally planned.
I had so much fun sewing these up, then stapling them down-I love my staple gun but I think I scared the neighbours while I sat on the front verandah making so much noise with a huge grin on my face.
So here they are finallly up on my little girl's door...

And here they are individually..

(Please someone tell me they like the mushroom fabric in the background on this one? I bought a whole heap as  it was on sale and the last of the roll and NO ONE I know likes it. They look at me like I am nuts and it belongs in an old kitchen as curtains....I think it is cool  Sad )

And then I decided to quickly whip up a curtain for her witth some thrifted fabric which cost me 50c and some cute apple fabric I bought 2 metres of and have barely used (Though I LOVE it!)

And just because I can't help myself (Yeah I'm one of those mums that  have thousands of photos of my baby girl!)

Grin
Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog full of food, fun, photography and every craft I attempt:
Blogginess
Smiley
litebrite1919

http://www.kellycaroline.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009 02:35:40 PM »

those are lovely!! but even more lovely is your little girl!!!!!! adorable <3

*Kelly*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluesea777
live2craft

addicted to Art Journaling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009 02:37:37 PM »

i absolutely LOVE that mushroom fabric!! it looks vintage. where did you find it?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life without crafting would be like living in the dark.
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009 02:41:54 PM »

I love the letters!  What a great and cute idea!  The curtains look great and that baby is too precious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cateus
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009 02:43:41 PM »

i really really LOVE that mushroom fabric ... i actually have some in my own stash   Grin cute idea for the name canvases! loving those curtains aswell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo{ve}
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009 03:20:43 PM »

i also, LOVE that mushroom fabric! some people are just crazy and don't know what their missin!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009 03:23:45 PM »

OMG I bought a tiny piece of that mushroom fabric in London, they didnt have much left and it was really expensive, I love it soooo much. It is probably less than a fat quarter and I havent been able to cut into it as I love it so much.

I would totally love to do a personal swap with you for some if you have lots!! My name is Edel and I am a fabricaholic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

claraohara
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009 03:43:14 PM »

Thanks guys!  Grin
I have had that fabric sitting there just looking at me for so long....I have slowly started  a wallet but that doesn't exactly take up much.
I bought it a long time ago at Spotlight but I have seen some people selling it on eBay every now and then for quite cheap (Australia btw).

OMG I bought a tiny piece of that mushroom fabric in London, they didnt have much left and it was really expensive, I love it soooo much. It is probably less than a fat quarter and I havent been able to cut into it as I love it so much.

I would totally love to do a personal swap with you for some if you have lots!! My name is Edel and I am a fabricaholic

I too am a fabric addict!  buy so much with absolutely no idea of what to do with it. Just because it is pretty, on sale or I just have to have it!
My husband hates when I go fabric shopping, he waits in the car or sometimes helps me wander around  carrying all the bolts for me  Cheesy

I would love to swap with you, give the fabric a good home where it won't be laughed at by the man of the house  Wink
I measured up the square I have left (after chopping off the edge bits for my wallet) and it is about 30x34".
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog full of food, fun, photography and every craft I attempt:
Blogginess
Smiley
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009 04:19:17 PM »

i am utterly giggling at the baby's name and her apple fabric. Wink

lovely job! (and don't feel bad about posting baby pics...cute ones like your's make me want to consider adopting! my mom would personally thank you a million times over. Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Asheri
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009 04:48:54 PM »

I love that fabric! I love all of it, actually. The curtains are especially pretty. Cheesy
And your little girl is so beautiful, anybody would love to photograph her! C:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Creole Sauce
How to Make Braised Brisket of Beef
How to Make Batter Dipped Snickers Bar
How to Make Sesame Chicken Tidbits
How to Make Onion Rings
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...