A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 316,236
Currently Running With Scissors:
353 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Retro Pillow Cover  (Read 1242 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mandyhello

Cook-Eat-Stitch-Game- in that order :)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2010 06:56:24 PM »

Hi All!

I just bought an adorable Japanese retro fat quarter collection from Etsy that I used to make a pillow cover!

I didn't have a pillow form or any Polyfill (which I hate anyway), so I just bought a $6 pillow from Meijer and covered it.  I think the cover is an envelope cover???  The back is layered and you just slide the pillow into it.  Anyway, more pictures, the patterned front is cotton, and the border is actually white denim (soooo easy to use!):

In it's home in the Man chair (seriously, we found this chair on a street corner):

Close up on print (sorry the lighting is so terrible, it's already dark here..  stupid winter):

I didn't want the pillow cover to look like a pillow cover (all big and awkward), so I purposely made the cover a little small.  I tried to make some bias tape for the first time on the back, but unfortunately I didn't hem the edge before I sewed on the bias tape, and this happened:

I zigzag stitched the crap out of it (not the most professional, but it's just for me), so it's looking ok now:

I barely know what I'm doing, but if anybody wants a pattern, I can try to work it out Smiley  Thanks for looking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

I Work For Cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010 09:06:26 AM »

that came out really well. I adore the retro colors and the whole look. In my opinion it greatly improves the chair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bacon-flavored pudding...now, THAT would surprise me.  -Walter
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010 10:41:12 PM »

Lovely pillow cover.  I love those fabrics they are fantastic and really adds to a room. Yea, I failed miserably at adding bias tape. Now is scares me as much as a simple zipper.  Your pillow cover turned out great. Again, love those fabric patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serendipitychild
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010 10:39:43 AM »

I thin this looks really great, the fabric is fab and matches well with the fabric of the chair, bit of a 70's vibe, which I love. Well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Greenseeds
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010 11:44:53 AM »

Great fabric. I love making pillows covers. I think its the best way to make a change in a room. And a managable project too. Love the mushrooms!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...