A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finally on to the fun stuff-nursery decorating!  (Read 5693 times)
Tags for this thread: name , nursery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

claraohara
« on: December 02, 2009 02:15:27 PM »

One day my brain decided to flicker on....(It has been on a bit of a holiday since I was pregnant last year and even after the birth of my daughter it decided to not come back.)
So randomly  while attempting to clean my crafty space I found some mini canvas' I had bought a while ago and decided to do something completely different to originally planned.
I had so much fun sewing these up, then stapling them down-I love my staple gun but I think I scared the neighbours while I sat on the front verandah making so much noise with a huge grin on my face.
So here they are finallly up on my little girl's door...

And here they are individually..

(Please someone tell me they like the mushroom fabric in the background on this one? I bought a whole heap as  it was on sale and the last of the roll and NO ONE I know likes it. They look at me like I am nuts and it belongs in an old kitchen as curtains....I think it is cool  Sad )

And then I decided to quickly whip up a curtain for her witth some thrifted fabric which cost me 50c and some cute apple fabric I bought 2 metres of and have barely used (Though I LOVE it!)

And just because I can't help myself (Yeah I'm one of those mums that  have thousands of photos of my baby girl!)

Grin
Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog full of food, fun, photography and every craft I attempt:
Blogginess
Smiley
litebrite1919

http://www.kellycaroline.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009 02:35:40 PM »

those are lovely!! but even more lovely is your little girl!!!!!! adorable <3

*Kelly*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluesea777
live2craft

addicted to Art Journaling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009 02:37:37 PM »

i absolutely LOVE that mushroom fabric!! it looks vintage. where did you find it?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life without crafting would be like living in the dark.
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009 02:41:54 PM »

I love the letters!  What a great and cute idea!  The curtains look great and that baby is too precious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cateus
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009 02:43:41 PM »

i really really LOVE that mushroom fabric ... i actually have some in my own stash   Grin cute idea for the name canvases! loving those curtains aswell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo{ve}
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009 03:20:43 PM »

i also, LOVE that mushroom fabric! some people are just crazy and don't know what their missin!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009 03:23:45 PM »

OMG I bought a tiny piece of that mushroom fabric in London, they didnt have much left and it was really expensive, I love it soooo much. It is probably less than a fat quarter and I havent been able to cut into it as I love it so much.

I would totally love to do a personal swap with you for some if you have lots!! My name is Edel and I am a fabricaholic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

claraohara
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009 03:43:14 PM »

Thanks guys!  Grin
I have had that fabric sitting there just looking at me for so long....I have slowly started  a wallet but that doesn't exactly take up much.
I bought it a long time ago at Spotlight but I have seen some people selling it on eBay every now and then for quite cheap (Australia btw).

OMG I bought a tiny piece of that mushroom fabric in London, they didnt have much left and it was really expensive, I love it soooo much. It is probably less than a fat quarter and I havent been able to cut into it as I love it so much.

I would totally love to do a personal swap with you for some if you have lots!! My name is Edel and I am a fabricaholic

I too am a fabric addict!  buy so much with absolutely no idea of what to do with it. Just because it is pretty, on sale or I just have to have it!
My husband hates when I go fabric shopping, he waits in the car or sometimes helps me wander around  carrying all the bolts for me  Cheesy

I would love to swap with you, give the fabric a good home where it won't be laughed at by the man of the house  Wink
I measured up the square I have left (after chopping off the edge bits for my wallet) and it is about 30x34".
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog full of food, fun, photography and every craft I attempt:
Blogginess
Smiley
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009 04:19:17 PM »

i am utterly giggling at the baby's name and her apple fabric. Wink

lovely job! (and don't feel bad about posting baby pics...cute ones like your's make me want to consider adopting! my mom would personally thank you a million times over. Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Asheri
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009 04:48:54 PM »

I love that fabric! I love all of it, actually. The curtains are especially pretty. Cheesy
And your little girl is so beautiful, anybody would love to photograph her! C:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009 05:06:00 PM »

I love every single fabric featured in the photos! Cheesy  The mushrooms are so retro chic, they're great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockon
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009 07:19:11 PM »

The little letter-canvases are adorable, and the fabric is great . . . I had to smile, though, the middle fabric very closely resembles (if isn't a dead ringer) for the wallpaper in the kitchen of my childhood home Smiley  Fun though, I like the mushroom theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
landofsmiles
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009 11:18:15 PM »

Simple, yet adorable. My bestie is having a baby, due around June/July, I'm not sure, but I might just have to make her some of those after the baby is born. And if it means anything, I love the fabric. Very vintagey. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaylala
Absurd!

But I don't want to be among mad people...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009 12:14:38 AM »

OMG! I L0000VE the mushroom fabric!! The apple fabric too...I love vintagey looking fabric...LOVE it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That's absurd, I love it!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009 04:05:08 AM »

I used to live in australia....I miss spotlight, I lived in toowoomba and it was really close to a big thrift store (Vinnies) and it was on my way home from work, used to be my favourite stop off whenever I left early!

Def want to swap with you for that fabric if you will part with it...i will pm you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LittleGirl
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009 10:49:14 AM »

I absolutely adore the mushroom fabric!! I don't know what your friends/family were thinking. I would use it for all sorts of things. In fact I am super jealous of you for having it.

I love this idea too - great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaiasmommy
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009 07:29:08 PM »

such a sweet idea for the name plaque. I think I'll have to do that for my girl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raessgirl
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009 07:29:39 AM »

Love the idea! I may have to do that when I have little ones! And your daughter is just gorgeous  Cheesy

Plus that fabric is just bitchin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Buns
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009 05:40:23 PM »

I love those!  What a cute idea, and I will say that I do enjoy that mushroom fabric, so don't worry.  I seem to have that a lot in my life too - I think something is fabulous, everyone else looks at me like I'm crazy...

P.S.  Your baby is so beautiful!  I bet she's the best thing you ever made - the nursery deco is a nice second, of course.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparrowarms
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009 06:47:39 AM »

The mushroom fabric is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://sparrowarms.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/sparrowarms

Anyone interested in a fabric stash swap? PM me if you are!
grandma9188
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009 09:24:24 AM »

How cute -- especially your daughter Smiley  You gave me a great idea for the holidays to do something similar with a happy holidays theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandyp
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009 03:57:19 PM »

I love the letters...really cute!!!  Plus...the mushroom fabric is great!!!  I think i saw a set of polyester pants in that design!!! hehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julibooli
maker extraordinaire )'(

adventure on the sewin' seas

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009 08:28:08 PM »

I wish I had mushroom fabric like that. All of the prints are cool but the middle one was definitely my favorite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MsJeshka
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010 05:02:33 PM »

Cute nursery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CAMPERTRONNN
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010 10:54:08 AM »

SO CUTE!!! And I also L O V E the mushroom fabric!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RobertaMac
Space Putz

Bun In Oven

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010 09:28:27 AM »

First, the blocks and the curtains are lovely. Second, the baby is adorable. And third, the mushroom fabric is ab fab. I would love to get my hands on some of that myself. I am not old, (32 is so not old.) and whether in the kitchen or in a baby's room it rocks.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tadpole due- November 2008!
Another craft project, home made!

My stepmother's apron site

Wist
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010 09:01:55 AM »

I absolutely love what you've done with the canvas.  That's a fantastic idea and the "blocks" came out great.  Your second project is very nice with the added fabric. (BTW, that mushroom fabric is incredible)  Your third project is just outstanding.  Can't get any better than that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SaraElise

Me and my dog wearing crafty creations!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010 01:39:43 AM »

Awww, that's so adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010 03:42:09 PM »

These are so adorable.  They pop off the wall, which makes them really eye-catching, plus they're terribly cute.  I love to see ideas that are so inspiring!  Hmmm.  What could I make that's like this...? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Geoffrey Girard Explains Cain’s Blood
Christopher Rice: What Are You Reading?
Colleen Hoover: What Are You Reading?
Architect’s Suburban Home Haven For City Artists
Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...