A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,981
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cabled hand bag  (Read 64181 times)
Tags for this thread: cabled  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AWynkoop
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2006 03:09:56 PM »

Curlyredheadgirl...thank ya thank ya...my bag is 9 inches wide and about 8 inches deep (from the bottom of the handles). It would hold anything I could imagine a gal would need throughout her day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
Ericab
~Erica B.~

D.I.Y with Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2006 10:04:33 PM »

this is my first post in this forum.  here's my version:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
madisonsmom
« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2006 01:44:23 PM »

Here is mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madisonsmom
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2006 07:01:07 AM »

And since I can't see the picture here, I'm going to assume that no one else can, either.  it is in the blog for those of you that can't see the picture. kelleyknits.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apandalee
« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2006 05:16:32 PM »

Hey! Sorry i'm so late to this but I don't understand how to make the one with knit handles. Can anyone help me?? I looked at the link to the rag bag pattern (http://www.knitblog.com/onmymind/Rag%20Bag%20Pattern.gif), but I don't get how to make those handles. How do you cast back on after you cast off?? Mine looks weird. Help please??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2006 08:51:09 AM »

Check out http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/ and watch the video for single cast on or cable cast on These are two methods you could use to cast on after you have cast off some of the stitches.  I assume you use the long tail method to cast on regularly, as I do.

I hope this helps, and if not, feel free to ask more questions....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
apandalee
« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2006 02:32:20 PM »

oo thanks so much AWynkoop! Now I know how to do it for the rag bag! The only thing I'm still worried about  is how there is so much space between the knit handles and the body of the bag with the cabled bag. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprung
« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2006 07:02:19 PM »

apandalee, I'm not sure that I understand your question...if you're copying the cabled handbag, and you're attaching handles:

straight/"knitting needle" style handles - can either be sewn on, or slipped through the stitches like real needles
round/bangle handles - sew these on
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apandalee
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2006 09:51:09 PM »

apandalee, I'm not sure that I understand your question...if you're copying the cabled handbag, and you're attaching handles:

straight/"knitting needle" style handles - can either be sewn on, or slipped through the stitches like real needles
round/bangle handles - sew these on

Sorry I didn't quote myself. I had already gotten a reply on this issue, I was asking about the one on the first page with knitted handles, which were done according to the rag bag patten (see my earlier post for a link). If you are familiar with this pattern it creates handles by casting off some stiches and then casting them on again. However, the handles in the rag bag pattern don't have a lot of space between them and the body of the bag and it looks like the cabled bag with knitted handles has a lot of space between so I was wondering how to do it. Whew that was hard. Look at the bag on the first page to maybe see what I mean. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

penguino
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2006 10:42:03 PM »

To make the handle like the rag bag, first figure out how many inches you would like your handle to be (my suggestion would be 3 to 4 inches since it would stretch), then figure out how many stitches that would take by kniting a gauge swatch, then center those stitches on your bag.  Depending on the yarn you use, you may want to knit more than 2 rows before the BO & CO for your handle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art Boom Or Bust?
Francis Bacon Painting Sells for Record $142 Million
Tintin Under the Hammer and More Art Stories
Vogue Weddings - Artist Happy Menocal
Artist Uses Mouth to Paint
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...