A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cabled hand bag  (Read 60399 times)
Tags for this thread: cabled  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

urbanlatinfemale
Forum Avatars|MSN|AIM Icons

Suburban in the City

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2006 06:41:43 PM »

Sex & The City Season: 4 Episode: 18 "I Heart NY"
 Ladies I think this is where it all began ...

Raise your hand if you're in for a knit-a-long!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2006 06:46:36 PM »

I LOVE that purse, I never noticed it in that episode. Isn't that the one where she goes to Big's house and finds out that he's moving to Cali? I only noticed it in the one where Carrie & Miranda go to try on ugly wedding dresses.

I actually just crocheted a version of it. A very loose version. It's white and not cabled and the handles are bamboo. They're too long so I have to cut them....I hope the wood doesn't split.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urbanlatinfemale

Suburban in the City

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2006 06:51:53 PM »

well I'm going to replay that episode right now and see...

****Reminder****
Taking screenshots (image capture) from your DVD on the computer with winXP is difficult. Use the Configure menu and turn OFF hardware acceleration or else your screenshots will be black, whether using the print screen button or the built-in software screen capture. I only wish someone told me this 4 hours ago.

new screenshots of miranda and carrie in the itchy tacky wedding shop coming up!

Yeah I'm defenitely knitting these up.. so far i counted 23 sts during the counter scene, so that leaves about 7 more behind the counter.. I'm guessing super bulky yarn on size 11 + needles with old vintage wood size 15 needles/dowels (try ebay). if we all try we can learn from our mistakes!

Season: 4 Episode: 15 "A Change of A Dress"
YES I have the Collectors Edition Set and am going nuts with it - its faux pink suede!  Cool

« Last Edit: January 11, 2006 07:34:10 PM by urbanlatinfemale » THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterlite
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2006 07:23:43 PM »

Wow, so that means that that lady DIDN'T originate that bag?? LMAO
She bit off someone else, then sent her friend in here warning people about law suits? HAHAHA I'm gonna have them manufactured in China and sell 'em in Chinatown for 10 buk a pop! Geee, I wonder if next she's gonna copyright the cable?

OK so as far as my sarcasm goes, and as cool as craftster is, I say Make'em to your hearts content...I mean I don't think that "Lady" realizes why people post these great ideas here...I mean did it stop her friend from marketing them even though we all know she "knocked off" a Sex in the City Bag?   I say booo to that blabbering about knocking off a knock off.
I mean really, Next she'll try and say gap is infringing copyright on Levi's cuz their pants have 2 leg holes also.

BTW I've made a few of these bags! Love em!

-my2cents
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urbanlatinfemale

Suburban in the City

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2006 07:28:19 PM »

OK so as far as my sarcasm goes, and as cool as craftster is, I say Make'em to your hearts content...I mean I don't think that "Lady" realizes why people post these great ideas here...I mean did it stop her friend from marketing them even though we all know she "knocked off" a Sex in the City Bag?   I say booo to that blabbering about knocking off a knock off.
I mean really, Next she'll try and say gap is infringing copyright on Levi's cuz their pants have 2 leg holes also.

BTW I've made a few of these bags! Love em!

-my2cents

Oh my, you made me spit out my drink b.c i was laughing so hard.. come one who really laughs out loud now-a-days.  Hun I'll be right there with you in SoHo knitting my little fingers off and selling theses puppies for 20 bucks (we gotta milk them right?)! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprung
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2006 07:49:11 PM »

EDIT: Sorry, I was incorrect!  The SATC bag is by Christina Caruso.  My original (erroneous) post is as follows. Smiley

Butterlite, I think that *is* an original Margaret Nicole design.  Someone posted before another picture of Carrie carrying a cabled Margaret Nicole clutch.  There are pictures of MN bags that don't have any cables on them, and some pictures that only have one cable down the middle.

caramelo -- Yes, I created the pattern of the purse myself, but I think it's a pretty good copy of MN's design.  I did some careful counting from up-close pictures, so I think I did alright. Wink
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006 08:56:03 PM by sprung » THIS ROCKS   Logged
urbanlatinfemale

Suburban in the City

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2006 12:53:28 PM »

Butterlite, I think that *is* an original Margaret Nicole design.  Someone posted before another picture of Carrie carrying a cabled Margaret Nicole clutch.  There are pictures of MN bags that don't have any cables on them, and some pictures that only have one cable down the middle.

Where are the pix of SJP carrying the cabled purse? I posted the pix of her carrying the non cabled purse and I didn't mean it to discredit MN and their work,  just wanted to show that this was popular Waaaaay back when.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2006 06:34:13 PM »

Thanks for posting the pic of the SATC bag!  I am in the Sex and the City swap right now and maybe I could pull this off as one of the items... hmmm..

Still thinking of a knitalong?  I just learned to knit so I would need some guidance, but the construction looks easy enough for me.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprung
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2006 08:38:00 PM »

Urbanlatinfemale, lemme see if I can find a pic -- it was shown to me by someone else, so I may be incorrect about it being cabled.  I'll try to find it, but if I'm not back in 10 minutes, come look for me. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sprung
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2006 08:50:56 PM »

Okay guys, here's a thread with an article about how Abercrombie was selling a copy of MN's bag:
http://www.theswitchboards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4981&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=09d3f1b5828db8ea42083e6998449f0b

There's also a pic of the SATC bag I'd seen -- sorry, I was wrong, it isn't cabled.  Evidently, that bag is made by Christina Caruso.  The only picture of a bag I could find by that designer is here:
http://yaplog.jp/us_apple/img/44/cc_mini_hand_knitters_bag.jpg

So yeah, as butterlite and urbanlatinfemale were saying, there seems to a design history to these dear MN bags. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006 08:56:53 PM by sprung » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Berry Delicious Dessert for July 4th
Brownie-Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
How to Make French Meringue with Plums
‘Taste of Home’ Magazine’s Peach-Rosemary Cobbler Recipe
How to Make a Raspberry, Strawberry and Mango Terrine
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...