A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 7 yr. old boy pajama pants pattern help  (Read 948 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 01, 2009 03:27:54 PM »

My nephew needs new pajama pants for Christmas. I thought it would be fun to make him some, especially since I can get enough on sale flannel to make three pair for the price of one pair at the store.

I normally quilt, so I'm not great at following traditional patterns, mainly because I'm not used to them and some of the terminology and little marks.

Because he lives an hour away I can't easily swipe a pair that fits and make a pattern, and most of his current ones are too small anyway.

So, can someone recommend a good pattern, or better yet, free tutorial, for making boys PJ pants? I saw the craftster PJ pant tutorial but, since I don't have any of his current ones, it won't work in this instance.

And finally, if you have any good boy flannel that you want to trade for some other fabric, I have a big stash of cottons I use for quilting and I'd love to see if we could work something out. I have a really tight budget this year, so trading is good. :-) He likes green, superheroes, nascar, sports, you know... boy stuff. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009 07:40:18 AM »

I would say go to the salvation army or goodwill and try to find a pair in a size that's more current for him and make a pattern from those. 

Petchy's 10 minute pants are more for toddler's, but I use them with my son who is now in size 6 boys and the pattern still works, her's is a free tut.

A good source for fun flannel would be sheets.  Again check out the thrift stores or garage sales (altho it may be too cold for those where you live)  or places like TJ Maxx or Marshals where they are cheaper.  A twin sized sheet is 5 square yards of fabric, which can be a  lot of pj's =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009 08:22:56 AM »

I'll look up the 10 minute pants for sure. And I just found out (a friend called) that JoAnn.com extended their Thanksgiving sale due to some website problems over the weekend. So I got 8 yards of flannel (you have to buy in whole yd. increments and I wasn't sure 1 yd. would be enough), plus some fleece (I will use the leftover flannel to make a blanket and back it with the fleece) for $21. That will easily be 4 pr. of pajama pants if not more.

:-) And yeah, I was thinking about going to Goodwill and getting some really cheap pants to use as a pattern.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Perfect Tamanishiki Rice
How to Prepare Vegetarian Sushi
2012 Vendy Awards Finalist: Xin Jiang Prosperity Kebabs
How to Cook Homemade Udon Noodle Soup
How to Cook Homemade Yaki Udon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...