A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cloth Diapering/Eco baby Swap - signups 12/1 to 12/15 - Send 1/22/10  (Read 17340 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009 02:51:06 PM »

i do a fair amount of making of my diapers but for sanity's sake i have bought a few in the past too. we cd to save money too so even the commercial dipes i've bought ive bought in EUC and paid no more than $6 each for. i am just learning to knit and just finished my first pair of longies (omg if you can call them that) so i am  starting a second hopefully better pair tonight. but i made longies with interlock in nb size and let me tell you that is definitely the cheaper route for interlock wool!

i've used wool under something baggy like a sleeper with no problems but i find even with a pul pocket i get leaks under something like jeans.

we were told baby is a girl (we are having another ultrasound on tuesday to check position and size so we will ask again to make sure) but everything i have made or collected so far is girly. we have sort of agreed on her name but we also agreed on magnus for our son at 14 weeks but he was born and looked nothing like a magnus so he is decious. but tentatively her name is briona ruby. she is guessed to be in the 9lb range even being born 2 weeks early
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
EkkaGrrl
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009 03:52:27 PM »

I love LOVE the name Ruby.. but my youngest is Ruby..lol We have no clue what we're going to name the new one but we have until May to decide. Hopefully we'll find out the sex in a couple of weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
http://wists.com/EkkaGrrl
EkkaGrrl

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009 06:26:13 AM »

This is a quiet swap group so far..lol Come on everyone! Join up.. you know you love fluff mail like the rest of us!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
lydiaharper
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009 07:37:34 AM »

I love that name.  I finally had a girl after two boys.  It was a complete shock to DH!  We named her Jayden Alizabeth.  All my babies names start with Jay (Jayson, Jaymie, and Jayden), and have middle names with A (Alan, Alexzander, and Alizabeth). 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009 04:02:40 PM »

I am filling out my app now.  I was waiting until I had my 12 Days and Felt Cookies swaps done just to be sure I didn't overload myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009 07:28:29 PM »

i will update the thread and feedback in the am i've had a busy three days so now i just want to head to bed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009 11:24:06 AM »

I'm totally in and will be sending in my questionnaire later this week!

I've been using cloth diapers (sweet doll baby, fuzzi bunz) for 5 months now (that's the age of my little boy  Cool) and have been wanting to make them myself for some time now, just needed some courage and a good occasion...this swap  Roll Eyes.
I just ordered snaps and pull, so I'm almost ready to rock 'n roll Wink

Looking forward to baby-craft  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
EkkaGrrl

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009 02:24:50 PM »

I ordered a snap press last week. Wee! This gave the reason I needed to finally try using snaps instead of velcro when I make diapers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness!
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009 05:51:14 PM »

ooo snap presses are an expensive tool! i bought ine and used it like crazy for about a month. now it collects dust and gets brought out maybe once every couple of months lol. the poor thing prolly feels abused these past few weeks that i have been making dipes and trainers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009 08:35:07 AM »

There are also smaller (and cheaper) presses, so I ordered one. I don't know how well they work though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop Batch Processing
Getting a Straight Horizon in Photoshop
Product Shot Tutorial
Adding a Watermark in Photoshop
Non Destructive Dodging and Burning in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...