A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,485
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cloth Diapering/Eco baby Swap - signups 12/1 to 12/15 - Send 1/22/10  (Read 18048 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lydiaharper
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009 02:28:43 PM »

So in one of the other swaps I am in, a list of examples was started.  We gave ideas of products (like those listed in the OP) based on what size they were.  So......ideas on smalls, mediums, and larges??

Small:
Stenciled onesies
Pocket fitted diaper (like Rita Rump Pocket)

Medium:
Set of pocket fitteds with inserts
Upcycled wool shorties, longies, or soaker

Large:
??

Ideas???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009 07:07:44 AM »

I think I would call a set of pocket fitteds with inserts a Large rather than a medium.  Upcycled wool longies would be a medium but I think knitted ones would be a large, but then again, I am a SLOW knitter lol

I have a slot open, but am waiting for one more to open (should be the next few days after my partner receives)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009 07:14:24 AM »

Oh, I too think knitted longies would be a large!!  I want to lean to knit just to make some longies (and socks); I know that is a big project.  Upcycled ones have half the work already done for you.  I can't wait for this swap to start.  It's gonna be so much fun.

So, anyone have any other ideas of items by size?Huh

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009 05:44:05 PM »

These are just my ideas and some items could be put into different categories depending on the crafter, just getting some creative juices flowing

Smalls:
Natural Diaper creams  - maybe medium depending on size and ingredients
diaper washing detergent
Mama Pads
nursing pads
creams for chapped skin from nursing
waterproof wet bags
wipe solutions in portable bottles
wipes
felted dryer balls
scented dryer sachets (or drawer sachets)
tees or onesies
decorated cloths pins for line drying
pacifier clips
nursing necklace or bracelet

Mediums:
upcycled covers or longies
fleece covers
diapers
small diaper bag (maybe from repurposed goods?)
tee for momma
wool yarn for knitting longies (maybe a large, I am not sure as I don't spin)
nursing cover
leather shoes (like the Robeez)
cloth trainer pants
swim diapers

Large:
Wool longies or shorties
larger or more intricate diaper bag
sling or other carrier you can BF in
nursing shirts
A collection of diapers and wipes
Learn to knit kit with everything you need to learn to make longies Cheesy

I am sure I can think of more although most of these are on the front page or already listed he he

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009 05:45:14 PM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009 06:06:33 PM »

These are just my ideas and some items could be put into different categories depending on the crafter, just getting some creative juices flowing.............
Learn to knit kit with everything you need to learn to make longies Cheesy

Oh, my!!  I love your ideas; especially that one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009 11:06:26 PM »

I thought you might Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009 06:01:11 AM »

Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009 06:35:07 AM »

all of mommy the maids suggestions are about where i'd put them. the handspun i would put in the large category though. other than that i'd say spot on.

this will be my fourth in cloth and each baby is different so i cant wait to see what works for this one. so far i have fitteds and preemie prefolds with a couple of pul cover and lotsa wool for the nb stage and have been collecting pockets for the small stage. my babies are born big but tend to level off there for a while. my 2 year old can still fit some small sizes so smalls are what i will get the most use out of i think.

my fave fave fave diaper ever was the original bumgenius, but they arent made anymore and the new ones arent as good imo. but home made wise i love the fuzzi fanny pockets, or pockets in general. they are a go anywhere for anyone diaper. hubby can figure them out and they can go under bought clothes as well as made for cloth diaper clothes.

so whats everyone elses fave diapers?

oh and a heads up ladies - i will have spotty responses and communication the weekend of dec 18th. i'm being induced either the evening of the 17th or the morning of the 18th and will have a couple day stay in the hospital. the hospitals cafeteria has wireless internet but i'm not sure how often i will get down there to use it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
lydiaharper
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009 06:57:48 AM »

I mainly started using cloth to save money, so I haven't used many commercial ones.  I had a SwaddlesBees cover (that I loved, but DD outgrew), and I have a few Haute Pockets.  These were pretty good, until DH dried them a few times.  Now the inside plastic-y looking layer is seperating from the diaper.  For the most part I make all of DDs diapers as either pocket fitteds (like the RRP) or fleece pockets.  I also use alot of upcycled wool longies.  Does anyone know if you can wear clothing over wool covers?  Or will it get some compression wicking like fleece?

Congrats on the new baby,1b1g1k2!  Do you know if you are having a boy or girl?  Names picked out?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009 11:07:08 AM »

We bought Sweet Doll Baby diapers for my son.  They were cheap (about $6 a diaper) and had great reviews.  They are pockets with a layer of PUL and a layer of thin flannel/fleece.  I love them.  I just wish they had cute prints LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style the Perfect Prom Outfit
Wear 1 Army Jacket 5 Ways Like Jessica Alba
5 Summer Looks For Less Than $100
Putting Together an Easy Bohemian Look
Which Runway Model Inspired Nasty Gal Clothing?
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...