A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
769 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 31 Skirts ((updated 6th December))  (Read 12267 times)
Tags for this thread: skirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mangospanker

yeah...I'm that sexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009 12:35:37 PM »

to make this easier for people like me to watch you should post all of your skirts in the same thread. just hit the reply button.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009 03:29:47 PM »

I will be watching this!
I need some new skirts too!!
I love the way you two are matching ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009 04:29:02 PM »

You have great style,
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009 06:10:56 PM »

And YES, the big black buttons would be the perfect finishing touch right where the suspenders attach to the skirt, was that where u were thinkin?

yep! That's right! Maybe have four buttons, two on each side? i'm not sure.

to make this easier for people like me to watch you should post all of your skirts in the same thread. just hit the reply button.

that's a really good idea, then I'm not spamming either. ahaha. thanks!

Day 2

I made the pattern for this dress when I was studying fashion, for a pattern-making assignment. I was inspired by this post on craftster, and the small tutorial that came with it really helped me alot. Unfortunately you can't see the detail that well in this fabric. Next time I'll use either plain fabric, or fabric with a bigger print, like massive polka dots or something. ((While finding the post that inspired me, I found out that she uses bold fabric with massive polka dots. Funny how thigns can stay in the back of your head and you don't realise! haha))

The detailing is the pleating on the darts. I had to make one side of the dart double the size so it would pleat into the dart well. It wasn't too hard!

I really love this skirt, it's so pinupy and stylish. TOO BAD IT'S TOO SMALL! You can't see, but the waistband isn't done up. ahah. So I'll be regifting this to some tiny little thing I think. That's the reason I'm not wearing it today. Also, I have to walk to the shops in a moment and go fabric shopping. At least I am wearing one of the 31 skirts. It's Skirt #6, but I really love how casual it is. YOU CAN'T SEE IT YET! ahha, sorry! You'll have to wait until Sunday.

I called it Holly, because there is holly on it. hahah, I'm so ingenious. Well at least I think it's holly. I've never seen holly in real life before. Actually, I think it's just red berries with leaves, because aren't holly leaves really spiky? Whoopsie!

I chose to have it as Day #2's dress because I don't celebrate christmas, and it looks incredibly christmassy doesn't it! So I thought I'd put it as far to the front of the month as possible.

How's my progress with the rest of the skirts? I'm changing my ideas every day. Some skirts I can't wait to wear, others I'm just wearing them for the sake of the 31 Skirt project. I might replace them, or make-up for sub-par lovin' by making EXTRA SKIRTS.

As always, you can read more on my blog in my signature below Grin

THANKS for your support guys, I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009 06:14:14 PM by SinDoll » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JennaDickes

Oh so tragically hip

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009 06:12:26 PM »

That's such a good idea, and what a way to stay motivated. Can't wait to see them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo{ve}
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009 06:16:49 PM »

darlin you're amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009 10:14:48 AM »

Great skirt, love the cravat! Vinnie is to cute! I always loved your stuff, so it's good to see you back, and with such a cutie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009 09:09:25 PM »

Day 3

BEFORE::

AFTER::

I kept this denim skirt of my sister's for so long. Seriously I think she gave it to me when she was 17... so like, 6 years ago. But, well, I'm a hoarder, and I had to keep it for some reason. I think it's the denim frills.

I cut the skirt about 1cm above the ruffles, and at the bottom of the fly ((yep, I made sure to measure first!)), then I cut up this old vintage nightgown I NEVER wore, but the fabric is sooo soft and delicious, to be the same length as the ruffled section. I stitched on mass amounts of lace to the hem of the underskirt, then joined the underskirt + the ruffled denim to the bottom of the original skirt.

I'm wearing it see Where The Wild Things Are tonight, so I thought I'd make Vin a little hood. I'd have made us both full outfits, but it's wayyy too hot here. That's why the skirt is called Max Grin and because it's my name too Grin

xox ya'll, check out my blog for more 31 skirty goodness!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

plummy
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009 09:23:44 PM »

i love how the denim skirt turned out!  it's my fave so far.  Smiley  can't wait to see what else you put up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to trade for kawaii Japanese fabric or cabochons!  PM me if you're interested!

Visit my etsy shop!   Cute girly clothing and accessories!  bydanalynn.etsy.com
Lo{ve}
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009 10:06:18 PM »

i love this the best so far too! and the picture of you and vinnie is gah, so so so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Straightener Review
How to Create Volume with a Round Brush and Blow Dryer
What Hair Extensions to Choose
How to Flatten Hair
How to Achieve Hair Volume
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...