A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 31 Skirts ((updated 6th December))  (Read 12321 times)
Tags for this thread: skirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2009 07:12:40 PM »

EDIT:: Someone commented with the brilliant idea of putting all the skirts on the one thread. So I'm totally going to do it. Bookmark this thread, or just keep an eye out. To see all my posts you can hit the "Show Images Only" button.
EDITING AGAIN:: I'm re-editing, because I just realised not all my skirts are reconstructions. The majority of them are. Is this abig no-no? Should I have a thread on the from scratch board with the from scratch skirts?

So I've set myself this crazy insane project. It's alot of fun and has really motivated me!

And ontop of that it's really cutting through my stash of old clothes + ugly fabrics I needed to use!

So the idea is, I am making 31 skirts. WHAT?! WHY? Well because for one, I don't wear alot of my incredibly tiny mini's anymore ((althought there will be mini's in this project)), and I need more skirts and more choice in my wardrobe. Since Vinnie was born my body shape has changed dramatically, and I'm still trying to get used to it!

Why 31 skirts? Well because then I have a new skirt to wear every day of December!
So far I've cranked out 11, so I'm slightly ahead, but I'd like to get most of them done within this week.

But you're not allowed to see them until each day I wear them!

AND, to add to excitement, lol, I'm planning on writing tutorials in January for the majority of the skirts. HOORAH!

ANYWAY. enough blabbering, here's the skirt for today!

Day 1

"EMILY"

I reconstructed this skirt from a kilt I bought for $2 from an opshop! I'd started unpicking the pleats and had removed the waistband, planning on using the not-too-woolly fabric for a pair of tartan skinnies.

Well I spied it in my stash as I was planning my 31 Skirts adventure and decided that because my lovely Mr. Husband has a thing for school uniforms ((he's not a pedaphile btw!)) I'd make it into something he'd love!

So I cut it short, hemmed it, added some ruffley lace ((Seriously, buying cards of lace of eBay is probably the greatest idea I've ever had)) and a waistband ((I have no clue where the original waistband went)). I also added two suspender straps, because I love them! It does up with press-studs and I decorated it with a kilt pin.

And because I had leftovers, and my personal motto is "from scraps" ((I'll write up the reason in my blog another day)), I made Vinnie a pair of pants that will prolly fit him until he's 15, aha.

And then i decided I needed a little tie of some sort, and made this cravat. I added 2 kinds of black lace to it and hotglued the base of a clip-on earring to the back. I did want to make Vinnie a matchign bowtie, but he started chucking a tanty ((he hasn't been sleeping well AT ALL)) and I decided to stop crafting and play photos instead. He loves playing photos. haha. I might make one for him later.

I need to pick up some giant black buttons, I think that's all this skirt needs.

Gotta keep powerpoints safe from exploring fingers! he can't crawl yet, but man he's close!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's skirt!!

My blog is in my signature down there, so you can check that out and keep tabs on me!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009 02:52:49 AM by SinDoll » THIS ROCKS   Logged

averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009 07:32:22 PM »

YOU. ARE. SO. COOL!
Seriously, this is such a neat idea,
and you and your little guy look so good!
I am def. going to have to keep tabs on all of your creations!
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009 07:34:01 PM »

I love tartan and I love babies! ahah

I understand the "my body changed dramaticly" part... I've got no skirt that fits anymore! Sad

I'll be looking everyday! Cheesy

Will Vinnie always matchs??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Knitting_Chemistry
Playing with acid and fire? That's a normal day...

Knitting and chemistry...too perfect for words...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009 07:43:42 PM »

This is such a great idea! I am curious to see what you make next.  Cheesy Also your son is adorable!  Grin I will have to watch for your next skirt!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science goggles!!! Is there no limit to their awesome power?!?
Lo{ve}
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009 08:24:31 PM »

lovely  Cheesy and your little man is precious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009 08:29:25 PM »

thanks so much ladees!

Will Vinnie always matchs??
Perhaps! although some  of the skirts are terribly girly! like pink hearts + lace + ruffles... i may make a girl version and have a giveaway or something Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twonderland
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009 11:44:33 PM »

That's so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

horrormaedchen
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009 12:33:59 AM »

You have one of the most adorable babies ever. I have seen a few of your posts recently and always think awwwwwwwwwww what a cute little baby Vinnie is.
Just like his mommy. I love your quirky clothes and will keep looking out for more to come.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psycho Sue
Vintage Rock N Roll Vixen

~vintage junky and local rock star~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009 05:09:30 AM »

31 skirt idea is GREAT!  Cool

That outfit is precious, along with your son!

The buying lace and crap on ebay.. I AGREE! It seems like whenever something is missin from an outfit I can look in that little ebay treasure stash, and THERE IT IS...the missing trim! Such a great idea.

And YES, the big black buttons would be the perfect finishing touch right where the suspenders attach to the skirt, was that where u were thinkin?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RaraAvis
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009 08:29:23 AM »

great skirt, love the straps and the black lace. I can't wait to see all the others!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vera Wang Charges Fee To Try On Bridal Dresses
Rachel Bilson Dishes Style Crush and Must Have Beauty Item
H&M Launches Model Off Duty Collection
#MyModamobStyle Featured Reader @Melanee
5 Ways To Wear Bermuda Shorts
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...