A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decorating Blank Walls  (Read 38228 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chasingdharma
every little thing she does is magic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2004 12:45:07 PM »

I really like #1 - I have a thing for circles to begin with, so maybe I'm biased. I think they not only compliment the floor, but your table as well.

Now if you had any other crazy furnature that's not in the picture, I'd go for something a little more understated. I've wanted to do something like that with my walls, but my landlord said no. So I bought those white pull blinds and I'm painting them. Shall we call it: removable window art?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xoxo
briteidea
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2004 06:50:08 PM »

number 3 is my choice.
every body likes number 1 but they ain't looking at the tile.  number 1 will clash with the tile.  less is more. circles and squares don't meet at edes.
plus with 3. you can add pictures between the red.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
speckledpup
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2004 09:10:46 PM »

I like #4 and then #3.  4 lifts your view up and out, that's neat when it's near a window. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darcangel
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2005 02:49:29 PM »

I wanted to thank you all for the suggestions about blik.  I just purchased 3 sets of the blik circles, although it looked kind of easy to make.  I was in Lowe's this weekend and saw a lot of vinyl squares in different colors that could probably be cut to make shapes to stick on the wall.  I was also thinking that some place there must be sold some cooler looking sheets of plastic or whatever that can be stuck on the wall.  However, they may not be as easy to remove as the blik stickers, so I was thinking about attaching them to posterboard or another type of medium that can be hung on the wall and easier to remove later if necessary.

SNOOPENDOUS: what were the things you saw in Lowes? i've been looking for inexpensive vinyl sheets to chop up into shapes to make bumper stickers and such. i'm tryuing to search around Lowes' website, but it's not really helping. thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I already made like an infinite of those at scout camp..." -Napoleon Dynamite
kswab
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2005 04:01:44 PM »

You can buy earthquake wax on the web from California...I use for everything!!  It holds all kinds of stuff up (even plates) and I use it to keep all of my pictures on my walls straight. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Picasso_blue_dog
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2005 04:57:40 PM »

I dont know if this is exactly what you had in mind or not. My last apt was very retro and the den and dining area were connected and I did a Mondrian inspired wall on one side and in the dining area did those capsule shapes that were so popular back in the day. You cant see in the picture but they wrapped around on to the other walls.  Alas these pictures were taken as I was moving out and were about to be painted over.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/picasso_blue_dog/detail?.dir=e9c9&.dnm=f20f.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/picasso_blue_dog/detail?.dir=e9c9&.dnm=5dfe.jpg&.src=ph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never eat more than you can lift---Miss Piggy
fitz28
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2005 05:54:49 PM »

#3!! lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSupy

Can you handle the Supyness?

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2005 03:42:08 PM »

You can buy earthquake wax on the web from California...I use for everything!!  It holds all kinds of stuff up (even plates) and I use it to keep all of my pictures on my walls straight. 

haha...makes sense that it's from california. Guess I should get myself some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emma Peel

mmm, 80s bowie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2005 08:04:20 PM »

If you are too poor for Blik (which rocks, but I certainly can't afford it), use contact paper!  Just cut out any shape you want, and stik on.  And it comes right off again for renters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laureg

*alchemist extraordinaire*

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2005 11:38:31 AM »

#1 is really striking, especially with the floor. i also like #3, but not as much as #1!

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are not the boss of me
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Zombie Makeup
Director Mike Newell on How to Work With Actors
EXPOzed #33 - HD Expo 2008 - MACCAM Lighting
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 5
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches Ep4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...