A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftalong:post a project on every completed projects board in a year (ish!)  (Read 101057 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1010 on: September 12, 2010 06:08:36 AM »

Good stuff, bethie. I'm especially into the scarf - I think I may mosey on over to that YouTube video too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #1011 on: September 12, 2010 09:13:45 AM »

BethieB I love the new avatar...pretty

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1012 on: September 12, 2010 02:57:39 PM »

Psyche - it was really easy and fun.  I don't love the scarf she makes in the video but it's really easy to pick up the technique from watching her.

edelC - thank you very much!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: September 14, 2010 01:44:06 PM »

Okay guys, is anyone still there?  I know summer and school and life are getting in the way, but two whole days without a post on this board isn't like us!!

I know for me personally that I feel like I've gotten all the easy boards done and the ones that are left are pretty scary.  Is anyone else feeling like that?

Also, have a question...I was over on the pottery/ceramics board and there's a terra cotta pot that's been decorated and looks amazing.  Do you guys think that's an okay project for that board?  I live in the middle of no where and there aren't any pottery places around...I don't have time to do a ceramics class...but I could do a lot to some pots.  Just don't want to cheat.  Any thoughts? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #1014 on: September 14, 2010 01:50:02 PM »

I'm still here! Working on swap stuff at the moment. I've gotten some easy boards done, and I keep making projects that fit there... must expand! I did get some knitting needles though, now I just need the yarn and I'll plunge in there.

I don't think it would be cheating if the project could be posted on that board, especially if you don't have access to other materials.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #1015 on: September 14, 2010 05:59:45 PM »

I'm still here too! I will have a few projects to post this week, just need to get them photographed and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #1016 on: September 15, 2010 12:10:42 PM »

I didn't manage to get any crafting done this week (been doing fitness research, and got to read a new book by a favorite author), and my next planned project is another dog coat.  I'm planning on making some skorts to exercise in (I live in skirts, but I have to wear shorts underneath to remain comfortable when I walk with the neighbors) soon, so that might work for my clothing board post, especially since my daughter doesn't seem to want me to take a picture of the dress or the shirt I made her for camp. Or the swimsuit. Or the cover up. Or the swim shorts.  Sad  And what, may I ask, is the purpose of making a whole bunch of stuff for her if I don't get to post it on craftster??  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1017 on: September 15, 2010 09:12:45 PM »

I feel for you, Muria! She sounds like my daughter! Wink
I've kind of hit a wall with this CAL. It seems like to break into any other boards is going to take some planning. I suppose the fiber arts boards would be the next ones for me to tackle, since they are still within my comfort zone. Maybe I'll try weaving some kind of sculptured wall hanging. That's a real 60's-70's type thing... Isn't retro big now? Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: September 15, 2010 09:36:33 PM »

I'm still here and working, too... just been trying to finish up my swaps and whatnot... I "finished" a couple more boards, but didn't get a chance to take pictures before they were sent off Sad and no one has taken pictures for me so that I can post them... I did the beaded wand for my MIL, and a couple of stenciled t-shirts for random friends and family. I've also finished a dress for myself and just need to find/make the accessories to go with it before posting. I've also done a recon of a button-down shirt and want to recon a couple of my old jeans into a funky long skirt to go with the shirt... Right now, I've been taking it easy (though I did just finish baking about 6 dozen cookies tonight) because my hubby is off to the Middle East starting next week and we've been trying to spend as much time together as we can! But I have the children's clothing board planned as my next project for this CAL (got two baby girls and two more baby girls on the way to make christmas presents for, and I'm still scared at trying little boys clothing! I may try some new pants for my DS, though... they seem fairly easy to tackle).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1019 on: September 15, 2010 10:15:18 PM »

I am working on the machine embroidery board (I know, I know, STILL??) and I have figured out a few things, like how to use the right foot, that interfacing makes all the difference, that I don't like using the hoop even after I made myself try it out a dozen times...and I've also learned that apparently my sewing skills are a lot less impressive than I thought they were.  I'm trying to make a decoration for the front of a bag I'm working on, but to look at my stuff so far, you'd think I was a second grader, not someone who's been sewing for five years.  So, I am going to go looking around online and find some more information and keep experimenting...so far, this has been an 8 month long project that is not going so well for me, all to get that board done!! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Students of the World Develops Documentary Filmmakers
How to Film and Edit Green Screen Video
How to Make Fake Blood for Halloween
Non-Linear Editing Basics in Final Cut Pro
Modern Horror: Mockumentary
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...