A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftalong:post a project on every completed projects board in a year (ish!)  (Read 102461 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #990 on: August 31, 2010 09:20:48 AM »

Psyche, that sounds good, I am pretty crap at much planning ahead like you do. I tend to dive into something and want to finish it NOW! and usually start stuff way to late at night,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #991 on: August 31, 2010 09:37:35 AM »

I am attempting the machine embroidery board by doing some fabric journal pages for my Sketchbook Project 2011, but so far it is not working out the way I want it to.

I am also thinking of tackling the Misc. board just to get it out of the way, I have a few fun ideas so we shall see how that works out!

The Toy board should be an easy one too, I just need to decide (for the 10th time) exactly what I want to do and do it...I am thinking a soft quiet book, or a Poppet or a Punkin, or a trio of rag dolls...so basically, it'll end up being whatever I have more supplies on hand for!  If I make either the Poppet/Punkin or the rag dolls there will be extras, like doll quilts, etc.

And, I'm like you edel...I can't stop once I get started and I can't seem to get started early in the day!!  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010 10:06:21 AM by BethieB » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #992 on: August 31, 2010 09:58:22 AM »

My new board for the week is polyclay! I can't post it until a swap completes, though. Do any of you have experience sealing sculpy? I didn't have professional sealer, so I just used clear nail polish. Do you think that will hold up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #993 on: August 31, 2010 10:19:22 AM »

thelastkodama no idea sweetie, but I do know that there is a huge online resource for poly clay here http://www.glassattic.com/ I have a notion that the owner is a craftster, but it seems to have everything you could want to know about poly clay and more on there.

BethieB..I have to confess I haven't even started my sketchbook yet..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #994 on: August 31, 2010 11:33:42 AM »

I was going to do machine embroidery on the insulated bag I made, but it was a last minute project (like the day after official send-outs), and the first attempt didn't turn out at all. So I cut a new piece and scrapped the embroidery idea for that project.  Smiley

I've heard of people using nail polish as a sealer for polymer clay, but I have no idea how well it holds up. It is something that's going to be handled a lot (button, zipper pull), or something decorative?  If it's something that's mostly decorative, I don't think it should be a problem.  The author of the site EdelC mentioned wrote up a response on sealers here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #995 on: August 31, 2010 11:46:41 AM »

Thank you both, that helped a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #996 on: August 31, 2010 12:31:44 PM »

Psyche, that sounds good, I am pretty crap at much planning ahead like you do. I tend to dive into something and want to finish it NOW! and usually start stuff way to late at night,

Yeah, I'm  lot more likely to get started if I make a list. I'm a list fiend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #997 on: August 31, 2010 02:13:28 PM »

I just thought of something, since we're talking about poly clay...if anyone is wanting to get that off their list and doesn't want to buy clay brand new, I have some I'd be willing to trade for.  I have white, a blue, a yellow, some pink and a cane. I'm looking for jewelry findings, roving (just enough to spin something so I can get that board done) and as always fabric and epherma...anyway, PM me if anyone is interested and I can take some pics to show you what I got!  Smiley

Other than that, I am not going to get any crafting done today after all and I'm kind of bummed about the change in plans.  But I do plan on doing some more research on the machine embroidery...I think I am missing something obvious and making it harder than it has to be...it looks so easy when others do it!!  I hate that, lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Muria
« Reply #998 on: September 01, 2010 04:34:34 PM »

From what I can tell, the key to machine embroidery is the stabilizer. So much so that I've seen multiple classes with a kit with various stabilizers.

There almost has to be directions online. I think www.patternreview.com had an embroidery class with a set of stabilizers (though it's not running right now), and sewbaby.com has a stabilizer sampler pack, though I recall it having more than three for some reason.

Most of the others who do machine embroidery probably have a really awful project in the scrap pile that's from when they were first starting out. I'm sure most of them do a test run with their fabric/stabilizer/thread to make sure it's going to come out, and adjust everything accordingly.

I was thinking of cheating and doing my embroidery project when I go to a local sewing expo at the end of the month. They have the fabric already hooped and stabilized, so it's really easy.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #999 on: September 02, 2010 03:48:17 AM »

Heres my newest project: the stenciling board
Frans Marc inspired Tee
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=358412.0

Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bleach Your Hair
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 2/2
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 1/2
How to Get Mad Men Hair
How to Get a Snooki Hair
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...