A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,537
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftalong:post a project on every completed projects board in a year (ish!)  (Read 103212 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #760 on: April 30, 2010 08:58:58 AM »

I have just found a pair of shoes to do the shoe boards...really need to get my ass in gear as I keep doing the same boards for swaps..am making nothing at all for me at the moment.

OK here is another challenge..this week(ish) your challenge is to chose any board and make something for yourself...any size, any thing, just one beautiful thing for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #761 on: April 30, 2010 10:40:56 AM »

Aw shoot, I haven't made my clay thingy, tho I know what I want to make/bake. *grin* Something for me? Wow, that sounds great after this last week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #762 on: April 30, 2010 10:50:50 AM »

Always - I think you are right - I think the warp strings are the ones you put on the loom first, the weft strings are the ones that you weave through.  I could be wrong, it's been known to happen, but I think that's how it works.

Edel - great challenge!  Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
veri
« Reply #763 on: April 30, 2010 01:56:02 PM »

Edel, you know that's a tough challenge!!! I'll try though but can't promise;) It's been a while since I made myself something...

i made some knotty hats yesterday (with kids in my lap) - well, 4 of them actually:) because my dd lost her hat when we were out. So I made one for her and one for her sister, of course. And than one for ma neighbour baby and one just in case my dd looses this hat, too;)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #764 on: May 01, 2010 06:46:46 PM »

Don't know that I'll get around to it this week, but I'm definitely planning on making me a copy of the dragon dress, hopefully for my son's graduation ceremony in June.

I'm planning on getting the purse, silkscreening and one of the recon boards done in the next week or two.  Our house is off the market, so I can play with craft supplies again.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
veri
« Reply #765 on: May 02, 2010 01:12:28 PM »

I resized the photos I took and wanted to show you girls all the stuff I still owe you but guess what? I can't upload a thing! So I guess we'll all have to wait - I don't know when is the next time I can get to it - during the week it can be hectic - job, kindergarten (and consequently much more demanding kids;), another crafty job on Friday so I have to finish quite some stuff for the articles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #766 on: May 03, 2010 12:26:09 AM »

Well...I changed my mind about the weaving board...I got my monk's cloth all ready to get started on the Swedish Weaving and then the hubby asked for a thick table runner instead so I am about halfway done with it now.  Still planning on doing the Swedish weaving eventually - after 2 years it's about time that cloth gets out of my stash!   Cheesy 

On another note, it is very very wonderful to again have a craft that I can sit on the couch and listen to the tv while working on it.  I've been doing so much sewing on the machine in the other room that I forgot how much I like just sitting quietly and working on my stuff.  I'm glad for the little change up.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #767 on: May 03, 2010 06:25:01 AM »

I totally forgot about posting my salt clay item! I made it for a swap so I should have taken a picture! I will check later tonight! I know what you mean BethieB...I am working on a recon skirt that I am embroidering--I have wanted to learn embroidery for so long and it is a nice thing to do while just sitting and relaxing comfortably!

Veri--can't wait until they fix the picture thing--I bet it will be today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
ostera15
« Reply #768 on: May 04, 2010 08:53:55 PM »

It's been awhile since I did something for a new board, but I finally finished my aprons for the clothing board; http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346469.0 and I have a reconstruction WIP, so small amounts of progress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #769 on: May 04, 2010 08:58:43 PM »

Two more boards posted for me:

7. Costumes: Completed Projects
Gibbous-Inspired Fairy Skirt & Water Fairy Costume

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346468.0

35. Purses, Bags, Wallets: Completed Projects: Reconstructed
Tea Towel to Mini Bulk Bin Reusable Shopping Bags, with Tutorial

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346470.0

And though I have other things done or nearly done, I can't post anything else yet. Oh... except Scrapbooking. I could get on that.
--> Going out in swaps or waiting for partners to receive: Stencilling, Miscellaneous, Purses General, Bath & Beauty
--> Waiting for Plants to Grow: Exterior Decorating/Yard Art/Gardening
--> Waiting for me to make a second of the same item, so the post is fuller: Machine Embroidery, Crafty Housewares (general or reconstructed? not sure)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pumpkin Carving Ideas and Techniques
How to Use Everyday Items to Protect Book Covers
How to Make an Art Smock
How to Make a Cigar Box Pocketbook
How to Create Shadow Puppets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...