A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,085
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftalong:post a project on every completed projects board in a year (ish!)  (Read 104642 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #590 on: March 24, 2010 12:41:36 PM »

And I think that's it as far as updates go...let's see, I covered whining, griping, and crafting, so I think I'm good to go now.  (lol).  Hope you guys are having a great day/night/whatever it is where you are!!

That about sums it up So funny.

I just got my gibbous partner so I will be making a clothing item, and that is the only swap I'm in, and I only have 5 boards done, so I may do some small stuff this weekend to get a couple of the easy ones taken care of.

I need to clear room to sew like BethieB and like BethieB I also have a family members stuff all in here and like BethieB I can't say no either. One day we will have to partner. Maybe I love my family but...... swap.

Terri

Ha!  That's a great idea.  It would be very funny!!

I forgot that I have been 'kind of' weaving.  I took a cardboard box and made a loom out of it and have been practicing on it.  I don't know what the heck I'll be making...maybe a set of coasters, at this rate, lol...but I do have an idea for a rug so we shall see.  It seems more like a kid's craft than an actual project but it is fun to do right before bed, the monotony of it helps me sleep Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #591 on: March 24, 2010 12:59:11 PM »

I am making a purse with mine...I found the best article to do this in Cloth, Paper, Scissors...I am excited about that Board... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 25, 2010 08:28:49 PM »

{Insert complains here, about lack of time, school , cleaning , etc.}
Besides that Ive made some tiny projects that I posted on my "safe zone" : the paper crafts board and the more art, less craft board.
My attempt at making soap from scraps of other soaps ended in disaster, mostly because of lack of patience. I will take a break from the bath and beauty board for a few days, my friend promised to teach me how to make my own acrylic nails this weekend, lets see how that goes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: March 26, 2010 02:00:15 AM »

Well tonight I got started on the rug I want to make.  I found an easy tut online a few weeks ago, and then today one pretty thing featured it (it's in the 6th row of projects down, the very first one.  You have to scroll a little to find it.)  So tonight I took apart the huge box our new tv came in and cut slits in it to get it ready.  Tomorrow I'll be ripping up old sheets and hopefully getting started.  I am going to try to use all stash material so I don't have to spend any money and also can get rid of some of the big pieces of fabric I've been carrying around for the past 3 years.  I need more space in my crafting hallway (lol) so it's all good!!   Grin

ETA - Thank you for fixing my brain fart!!  I have issues this week, only been sleeping about 2 hours a night, so forgive my idiocy for a little while.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010 12:26:46 PM by BethieB » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
veri
« Reply #594 on: March 26, 2010 02:13:07 AM »

I have a problem with one of the boards and I need help: not that I couldn't think of anything to make for it but I really don't know how to make it useful. The board is clothing for curvateus crafters. All my relatives and the vast majority of my friends are not really curvaceous and so also my "male" and I are more on the skinny side...

I have one friend that would probably go into that category but I'm a bit intimidated to suggest to make her something because we have different styles and we don't see that much lately (she lives far away)... So my question is: what can I make for this board? is something that a curvateous person could wear ok although it is worn by a more skinny person? I really don't wanna offend anybody (not in my real life and not online as well). I'm affraid I'd offend my friend if I took her measurments and I'm affraid I'd offend people here if I posted something I'd wear with my 53 kg (that's around 116 pounds) in that board... So what do I do?

Could I make a maternity top or something like that? Does maternity wear go into clothing for curvaceous crafters category? Some of my friends are pregnant so that could go...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #595 on: March 26, 2010 06:54:55 AM »

Cool tutorial, BethieB (though it's a little further down the page than it was before, I think).

veri, if you're truly desperate for a curvaceous clothing board idea, you could always make something and donate it to charity (would be funny to buy a sheet set from a thrift store, make something out of it, then donate it back). I don't think maternity clothes go in a specific spot, but I suppose theoretically, you could post maternity stuff in the curvaceous (I'm glad the spell checker's back because that looks wrong) board. Or you can find someone on craftster who is curvaceous and offer to do a personal swap. That way, you get the board out of the way, and get something cool in return!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #596 on: March 26, 2010 07:05:18 AM »

Bethieb--do you know you can just highlight the exact post and then copy the HTTP stuff and it will go directly to that ONE posting?  I will fix it for you.

veri--maternity does not go under curvaceous--unless you are curvaceously pregnant!  I know it can be a sensitive subject for some people, but those ladies rock the fashion world!  I know it is hard, but I am sure a curvy friend would love a handmade tunic for the summer and you can get away with making it a bit oversized without going into specific measurements!

Most women can wear that style and the main fit is in the shoulder and bust...you can eye up if the top will go over the waist and hips...for me, if it fits my shoulders, it fits everywhere else Smiley

My guess is that that board is 14+ in size (although I disagree that 14 is hardly overweight!)...

Anyone else having this problem?  Maybe anybody who would like to volunteer could PM the person with helpful measurements?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

veri
« Reply #597 on: March 26, 2010 07:38:32 AM »

Thank you both for your answers.

Muria, belive it or not - we don't have any (and I mean ANY!) thrift store here! I get envious when I see what cool stuff you find there for so little money. In my country people donate their clothes to red cross or some other charity and that gives it to people who need them. No buying as far as I know...

My guess is that that board is 14+ in size (although I disagree that 14 is hardly overweight!)...
Uf, I have no idea what size 14 is - I live in Europe and we have 36,38,40,42,44,46,48 and so on... I think 42 or 44 here could be courvaceous (in Burda the big patterns are from 42 or 44 on).

No, I don't think I was considered courvaceous when I was pregnant - I mean I had a big round curve in my front but my BMI was still normal though pregnant... I don't know how it will go in the future thoguh Grin - you never know;). But I don't plan to get pregnant right away so it doesn't matter anyway. Ok, so no maternity clothes...

I'll keep looking for an idea/a person (I'll find somebody, I'm sure). the problem I have with measurments is that I have absolutely no idea (and I mean really no idea whatsoever!) what my friend measurments are and I'm affraid I can miss a lot (like 6 or 8 in)! I don't want to make her a potatoe sack but I really don't dare to ask her... She is kind of sensitive on this topic... I offended her a few times when she neaded something to change and I offered her my clothes. i honestly thought she could wear them - not the most fitted ones but the large looseones yes... But she said I am very wrong and asked me not to do that in the future...

She's a good girl and I really don't want to make her feel bad... If I make the clothes too little she would feel fat and if I make it too big she would feel like I see her as that big... It's quite tacky...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #598 on: March 26, 2010 07:43:23 AM »

oh my--that is an odd predicament to be in!!  You are so considerate!

I wonder if you could make her an apron!!  It can be made to fit a larger person of various sizes...I know I have been asked to make some for larger women and it does not take a lot to get them to fit--longer ties, longer waistband...maybe a half apron? At least if it is not to her liking, it can be given to someone else who might like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #599 on: March 26, 2010 07:46:12 AM »

veri do a swap with me..I am curvaceous and live just over the water...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Tips: How To Use Dry Shampoo The Right Way
Hair Trend: Edgy Slick Up-Do
The Monday Makeover - 1940s Hollywood Waves With Eugene Souleiman
6 Ways to Look Great While Going Gray
How to Do a Fishtail Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...