A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 305,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftalong:post a project on every completed projects board in a year (ish!)  (Read 137026 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: March 02, 2010 07:34:59 PM »

Boy, is it a relief to find out my life isn't the only one that doesn't fit the "Stepford Wives" template. Why doesn't some clever company produce embellishments and stuff for all the  real things that happen in our families? They'd get bought! And are there really scrapbooking cruises? How ghastly would that be? I'd jump overboard before it ever left the pier!

Here's another "alternative" form of scrapbooking, which is a variation on the boxes that BethieB suggested: personal shrines.

This is one that I made a few years ago, which is a memorial to several friends who used to go to the local Pagan festival with us. All are dead (or in one case, lost to the street), so I created this portable shrine so I could continue take them with me when I go the the fest each year. (This is the first time I've taken a photo of it.)

I'm absolutely up for Edel's Non-Commercial Scrapbooking Challenge. There are a few events/people/places that I ought to document somehow, and maybe this is a good way to start. Let's shake up the Scrapbooking board a little bit!

Wulf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #391 on: March 02, 2010 07:38:36 PM »

Nice catching up. I have some trouble with the theme of my page though, so I think I will just do what I started earlier, with a word doc that has pics of some of my swaps.

Make a journal scrapbook page for each swap I've done. I think I will start with the one I am signed up for, gibbous fashion so I can also include all the inspiration and ideas, and finished project on back of the page. I think using cardstock with a hole puncher and just using a plain binder will get me started. Swapping has been the best thing I've ever done.

I can glue small bits of lace and trim I plan to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: March 02, 2010 07:56:56 PM »

Wow, Wulf, that shrine is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I hope the one "lost to the streets" found a place for himself/herself where they are doing well...

lovesclutter- what an ingenious idea of scrapping about swaps! I think I shall have to start something like that up as well... something that shows our thought processes through creating the things for other people, put in snippets of conversations with that person, the scraps of fabrics and other trinkets that were used in the projects. It's really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

« Reply #393 on: March 02, 2010 08:02:12 PM »

Your personal shrine brought tears to my eyes...I think that when anything can evoke an emotional response, then it has served the purpose of relating one's life to another's...what a wonderful tribute to those you hold dear...it makes me want to ask questions about those people, how they relate to you, what their lives were like, etc.... a conversation invoker...a memory perpetuator

The composition and the addition of objects that have meaning definitely should be part of representing people you know/knew...

what is the size? It is quite detailed..if you want to share, is it made of wood? I love all the nooks to place pics and hang objects! truly an art piece to be shared

wow--not sure my scrapbooking will be so detailed but it will be personal...

lovesclutter...I often thought about making some sort of book about my swap experiences...it will be interesting to see what you do...I have a block on what to do with this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

themuppet
Wants your tasty brainmeats.

« Reply #394 on: March 02, 2010 08:15:17 PM »

That's wonderful, Wulf, and a wonderful monument to those who are lost.  I'm with AIMR, I want to KNOW those people and inspect it closely.

I'll accept the challenge, I think.  I just had a thought that maybe I'll take everything off the front of my freezer and make something out of that.  There are ultrasound pictures, weird sketches, funny greeting cards, tattoo appointment cards (better keep those or I'll forget to keep my appointment.. hahaha), etc.  Sort of a snapshot of the last two years of our life.  Might be interesting and will declutter my fridge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #395 on: March 02, 2010 09:19:08 PM »

life without clutter is not worth living. each bit and bob means something. while they are all just 'material' items, most of my clutter represents something.

tons of inspiration daily to make me want to share ideas and projects in an atmosphere where I am not judged at all.

sorry about no caps, but this tiny keyboard makes it hard on an old lady to find the shift key.

i refuse to live in a sterile environment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: March 02, 2010 11:09:55 PM »

Wulf, Thanks so much for sharing! I kept thinking... is that him over there? All those people who meant so much. I know what you mean about "Lost to the streets". It describes my 31 Y.O. son perfectly. But those people are usually survivors. They take care of each other. Most of the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: March 02, 2010 11:58:15 PM »

That's wonderful, Wulf, and a wonderful monument to those who are lost.  I'm with AIMR, I want to KNOW those people and inspect it closely.

I'll accept the challenge, I think.  I just had a thought that maybe I'll take everything off the front of my freezer and make something out of that.  There are ultrasound pictures, weird sketches, funny greeting cards, tattoo appointment cards (better keep those or I'll forget to keep my appointment.. hahaha), etc.  Sort of a snapshot of the last two years of our life.  Might be interesting and will declutter my fridge!

That's a great Muppet!  Would be very interesting to see.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #398 on: March 03, 2010 03:52:38 AM »

wulf I love that shrine. i love shrines. I even won a shrine challenge on here..my proudest craftster moment...but I dont think that shrines would be allowed on the scrapbooking completed projects page (but you could try and see if the mod lets it stay!) they seem to currently go to either the paper crafts board or the miscellaneous projects page.

themuppet. I love that idea of the refrigerator page...

as for scrapbooking cruises...I love the idea,..lol I know that I am the only one, but to get away from life and play with paper and glue for weeks at a time, how wonderful...even better to teach those classes...play with paper, glue, and get paid for it...lol..where do I sign up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps...yes please

you know you want to...go on go on go on

www.pinterest.com/edelc
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #399 on: March 03, 2010 07:55:11 AM »

there's some fun art/craft cruises that are definitely not scrapbooking.  I think the Crafty Chica did one last year even (I know how much you love glitter edel Grin)  Personally I've always wanted to do some kind of artfest long weekend/trip abroad/cruise whatever....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!

I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art..."  Vladimir Nabok
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
The Vintage Vision: Shoe 2014 Trends
Kendall Jenner Shows Off Calvin Klein Underwear in Instagram Photo
Southern Style Tips: Mixing Black and Navy
Southern Style Tips: Mardi Gras Ball
Tricks to Make High Heels Comfortable
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...