A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftalong:post a project on every completed projects board in a year (ish!)  (Read 102400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: February 28, 2010 02:29:56 PM »

Wulf--I would love to see that vintage knitted lace...I have the tinest knitting needles from my grandmother and I always wondered what they would be used for...I bet it was used for lace!

The scan makes it seem more like normal knitting, but if you compare to the ruler you begin to see how truly tiny the stitches are.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2010 08:15:34 AM »

Oh, Wulf... That is exquisite! How much of it do you have? I would almost prefer to see it mounted , as a collage with other fine vintage pieces/items in a collage, under glass.
Don't beafraid of knitting! It's reeally quite easy. Just don't use too small or too long needles, and just learn the basic garter stitch first. Once you know the 2 main stitches, there is a lot you can do.
  I'm not able to do really complex patterns, like that travelling woman shawl. It would help if the instructions started by saying ... "You are beginning in the wide-left-hand corner... or something. Reading some of that stuff is like driving blind-folded!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #352 on: March 01, 2010 08:22:11 AM »

I agree--some of the patterns are like reading greek!  I have found the tutorials on youtube very helpful since I am a visual show me person! I am keeping a small knitting/crochet journal with stitches I have learned and want to learn...I think getting comfortable with stitches then allows you to figure out your own patterns and styles...

I have yet to figure out how to make a stupid crochet flower...I finally found a pattern for six different ones and hope to make them all--you can do it Wulf!! Practice with chopsticks if you do not want to invest a lot of money!

That lace is gorgeous and so tiny!!! I was trying to figure out the pattern and recognized stitches but I can't believe it would be made top to bottom--how tedious that must have been!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: March 01, 2010 08:37:26 AM »

Cheesy It's your Birthday Always?!!! Happy birthday to you!!! Grin And with all the fitness you've been into, I'll bet you look great! Kiss
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 08:37:56 AM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: March 01, 2010 08:43:43 AM »

Happy Birthday, Always! And good luck on figuring out those crochet flowers when you get to them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
attackofthequacks

glue addict - glitter glue, that is ;)

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2010 09:53:19 AM »

Happy birthday Always! The crochet board is one of the scariest ones for me, so maybe i will try to tackle that one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for batik fabric or shrinky dink plastic - PM me!

My Wists: www.wists.com/attackofthequacks
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #356 on: March 01, 2010 10:22:45 AM »

Thanks everyone...just another day in crafting paradise--hubby got me a gift certificate to Joann's so I can get some fabric paint and dye to get those boards done...Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
themuppet
Wants your tasty brainmeats.

« Reply #357 on: March 01, 2010 10:33:21 AM »

Hey happy birthday!!!

Wow that lace is INSANE.

You know... the glass board doesn't scare me... nor the silkscreening, spinning, blazityblahblah...  the one that really..

Really..

REALLY

Scares me is scrapbooking.  I shudder at the thought.  I want to run screaming into the snow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #358 on: March 01, 2010 10:51:23 AM »

oh my--we might need a craft therapy board....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: March 01, 2010 11:32:50 AM »

Hey happy birthday!!!

Wow that lace is INSANE.

You know... the glass board doesn't scare me... nor the silkscreening, spinning, blazityblahblah...  the one that really..

Really..

REALLY

Scares me is scrapbooking.  I shudder at the thought.  I want to run screaming into the snow.

Okay, this isn't the traditional scrapbooking I always picture in my head, but you HAVE to check out how cute it is!! Scrapbooked boxes that display cute things!  It is seriously great, and totally inspired me to look at scrapbooking in a different way.  I always find cute little things at the thrift shops that I would love to have, but I could never picture how to display them in my house, so I usually leave them at the shop.  After seeing this I will think twice!  Also, my dd collects Littlest Pet Shops, and I was thinking that a wall display of boxes scrapped up in colors to match the toys and hung on her wall would be the perfect storage solution for them.

Anyway, just wanted to share an idea that might help you think outside the scary box of scrapping.  I'm off to haunt that blog some more and see what else I can find!

ETA:  this would be a great way to recycle cardboard too.  You could use cereal boxes, food boxes, etc and cut them down and reglue them to be the size you want for your display, or just use them whole and have a lot of room for the scrapbooking to show up.  You'd need to cut the front of the box off so that you have a back and four sides, but it's still better than going and buying new little boxes if you have the time and patience to cut the front away.   Grin
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 11:35:31 AM by BethieB » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Fungi
Nikon D3 Camera Review
How to Setup your Camera up for Shooting Landscapes
How to Use an Off Camera Wireless Flash System
Nikon D700 Camera Review
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...