A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftalong:post a project on every completed projects board in a year (ish!)  (Read 102314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2010 08:05:41 PM »

Well the cooking is missing because you made that fabulous gingerbread house. Don't we have a forum for that?

Yes, there is a cooking board, but it doesn't have a "completed projects" board within it. It's too bad, because my daughter will be requesting a cake of me in the next week or so, and I'd have that one done. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2010 08:23:02 PM »

"It occurs to me that this is just like Scouts for adults. If only we could earn a badge for each new craft..."

omg--now I have to join after lurking for a week...this is too funny!!!

I was scared off by a few things but I think we can use each other's expertise to at least try a project outside of our comfort zone!!!

I remember one of the mods showed us how to do basic spinning using a CD and a stick--enough to get a few yards of yarn to make something small!!

And, when I was a Girl Scout, we did silk screening made with a picture frame and organza fabric!

pottery--might have to find a class to satisfy that one--I am sure our recreational center has classes or maybe the community college...

hubby has all of his stain glass stuff--I was not big into it, but sure he can show me how to make something!

sugar scrubs are pretty easy and I have made those with success!

I already have 7 knitting projects on needles so that one is a piece of cake...

OK--I am ready now that I have stated my fears out loud.... Cheesy

wow--what a great idea and challenge edelc---and I see some familiar and friendly people here as well and some new people to get to know

onward!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2010 09:20:25 PM »

Not a set builder, KL, a prop builder. People do mix us up, but there's a world of difference. One way to remember what part of a theatre production is which is to imagine selling your house and moving: the things you pack into the truck are the props and costumes, and the empty rooms you leave behind are the set.

And thanks for the suggestion of birdhouses! I do need to make a few more, and "Crafts for Pets" is just about the only place they would fit! "Curvaceous Crafter" and "Kids" will be good gift opportunities.

Wulf
Sorry... I've been working around enough productions to know that! LOL! I was once a costume maker! And, some of those props are incredible.
 Anyway, I learned to crochet out of a book, but I'm still not able to do any real complicated things. The basics are easy... it's reading and following the patterns blind that's hard!
I'd love to see what you do with birdhouses..There are some amazing bird mansions that have been posted on here .

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2010 09:21:54 PM »

For anyone looking into spinning!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334503.msg3866573#msg3866573
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
gavagai
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2010 02:41:00 AM »

I'll post my list as well. It was a good idea with the smileys to show how we feel about the different things.  Smiley Do we post our lists again when completing stuff or just go back and change the original list.

1.   Bath and Beauty: Completed Projects  Huh (No experience whatsoever, but will be fun to learn)
2.   Clothing: Completed Projects: General  Smiley (Good. Finally I will be forced to use some of the dressmaking skills I have been too lazy to use before.)
3.   Clothing: Completed Projects: Reconstructed  Grin (Fun!)
4.   Clothing for Curvaceous Craftsters: Completed Projects  Undecided (Do chubby babies count?)
5.   Sewing Clothes for Kids: Completed Projects  Grin (No problem. Little Mika likes repeatedly trying on half-finished clothes.)
6.   Shoes: Completed Projects  Huh (New experience)
7.   Costumes: Completed Projects  Huh (No ideas yet)
8.   Crochet: Completed Projects  Smiley (Hats! Hats are easy.)
9.   Spinning: Completed Projects  Huh (Will have to look for tutorials about this. Have no idea how to.)
10.   Weaving: Completed Projects  Smiley (Just needto get a loom of some sort.)
11.   Felting: Completed Projects  Smiley (Needle felting. Would have done it anyway.)
12.   Dyeing: Completed Projects  Smiley (Have been meaning to learn)
13.   Glass Crafts: Completed Projects  Undecided (Only problem is that I had a really bad teacher in the glass fusing class I took before, so don't want to go back to her, and then I don't know where to get access to an oven.)
14.   Crafty Housewares: Completed Projects: General  Huh (Not even sure what this is. Will have to go take a look at the board.) 1st project done! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=337133.0
15.   Crafty Housewares: Completed Projects: Reconstructed Huh (Not even sure what this is. Will have to go take a look at the board.)
16.   Interior Decorating: Completed Projects  Cheesy (Great! Have a new office to decorate (at work) and will probably move to a new flat this year.)
17.   Exterior Decorating / Yard Art / Gardening: Completed Projects  Smiley (That will have to be our little "community garden plot", or perhaps the balcony.)
18.   Pet-Related Crafts: Completed Projects  Huh (Don't have any pets. SO is allergic.  Sad)
19.   Stenciling: Completed Projects  Grin (Fun!)
20.   Inkjet Iron-On Transfers: Completed Projects  Smiley (Well, not very difficult.)
21.   Other Image Reproduction Techniques: Completed Projects  Huh (Hmmm... Will be interesting to take a look at that board.)
22.   Trinkets and Jewelry: Completed Projects: General  Grin (Fun!)
23.   Trinkets and Jewelry: Completed Projects: Reconstructed  Grin (Also fun!)
24.   Beads: Completed Projects  Smiley (Should be doable)
25.   Knitting: Completed Projects  Cry (I just don't have the patience to really learn.)
26.   Misc Completed Projects  Grin (Just think of the possibilities!)
27.   More Art, Less Craft: Completed Works  Smiley (I have been meaning to paint... some day... and this is a good opportunity.)
28.   Needlework: Completed Projects  Undecided (Hard work, but could be rewarding.)
29.   Paper Crafts: Completed Projects: General  Smiley (Have been meaning to make some ATC' for ever, but I just keep hoarding the supplies.  Cheesy)
30.   Paper Crafts: Completed Projects: Reconstructed  Huh (Don't know what to do, will have to look for inspiration somewhere.)
31.   Scrapbooking: Completed Projects  Huh (Is it o.k. to make digital/computer scrapbooking?)
32.   Polymer Clay: Completed Projects  Grin (Fun! and I already know something to make, that will also fit in a couple of other categories.)
33.   Pottery, Ceramics, etc: Completed Projects  Smiley (I am pretty sure I will take a pottery class now.)
34.   Purses, Bags, Wallets: Completed Projects: General  Smiley (I NEED a messenger bag, so this is good.)
35.   Purses, Bags, Wallets: Completed Projects: Reconstructed  Smiley (I have some ideas.)
36.   Quilting: Completed Projects  Smiley (I got a box of shirt fabric in a swap package yesterday. Perfect!)
37.   Machine Embroidery: Completed Projects  Huh (Does it have to be done on an embroidery machine?)
38.   Toys, Dolls and Playthings: Completed Projects  Undecided (I have an idea, but maybe not the patience.)
39.   Silk Screening: Completed Projects  Smiley (Don't know how to yet, but fun to learn!)

O.k. Maybe this list is no fun for others to read, but good for me to get my thoughts in order. I am going to do this!  Grin
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010 12:41:09 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2010 04:39:02 AM »

Wulf, looking at your profile, you are another person who might enjoy the WWP swaps, there is one ongoing at the moment, but signups are finished, but there will be another one along shortly...there always is! I feel your pain on the knitting...

KLKing  Ok you got me, what are bunny cottages??? And birdhouses are such a good idea. I might do that for my pet related crafts..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2010 07:59:59 AM »

alwaysinmyroom, thanks for that link, I'll bookmark that. It would be nice if we could find a good tute for each and make a linked list. Edel would it count if we fauxed something. Like a stained glass effect, or using skulpy for the pottery, or is that cheating. I don't have access to a kiln.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2010 11:01:59 AM »

Edel, I don't know if the bunny's will actually use them,
but I got this idea living up against a mountain in the desert.
I made a little shelter out of twigs and small branches, and tucked it under a bush. You face the opening out, so you can see it. Put some carrotts  in there, and just MAYBE, they'll decide they like it? We have lot's of critters like chipmunks and bunnies. I hadn't actually seen one use it... but it was a fun idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2010 12:03:19 PM »

KLKing I love that idea..lol

lovesclutter. oh sweetie, that is totally cheating. I dont have a kiln either but I figure I can use air-dry clay (as opposed to polymer clay) or I could use ceramic paints on plain crockery. Ditto glass. you could do some broken mirror mosaics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2010 05:03:09 PM »

I'm glad the question of "bunny houses" got cleared up - I was puzzled too, but thought it was just another embarrassing gap in my knowledge! The same structure could also be a "fairy house" or a "toad house", depending on the local wildlife.

And speaking of fairies, Edel, I will be joining the WWP swaps, though not til Eostre at least.

I think my "cheat" for Pottery, Ceramics, etc. will be mosaic made with broken pottery, as I have a bird bath that's been 3/4 finished for several years now. (I guess a bird bath could be posted in either Exterior Decorating or Pet Crafts, too.) Ceramic painting is a great idea, too.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sioux City Relish Cooking Show Highlights
Braised Beef Short Ribs Recipe
Food Festivals Survival Guide
How to Make Homemade Apple Sauce
How to Roast Chestnuts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...