A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftalong:post a project on every completed projects board in a year (ish!)  (Read 103202 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010 05:19:46 PM »

Is number one the silkscreening completed projects? Because the list starts with 2, and I don't see it on there. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010 05:44:40 PM »

its rather daunting when you look at it in list form isn't it......  I'm going to try and plan my swapping around this, I can knock off lots of boards stocking my Shop the Swap atelier Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Muria
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010 06:16:13 PM »

its rather daunting when you look at it in list form isn't it......  I'm going to try and plan my swapping around this, I can knock off lots of boards stocking my Shop the Swap atelier Cheesy

Ooh, that's a good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Beginning wister
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010 08:44:46 PM »

Wonderful idea Edel. I only do chaos crochet. I just finished two items, one for a friend and one for an angel thank you. I still need to do another angel thank you, a poppet for amigurl and a tote bag tomorrow, and I sew crappy. That would be 3 boards. Silly me would plan for each board and never get it done. You have swapped with me so you know I am as chaotic as my crochet.

By the way, I LOVE that coat and the lining is just my style. One day I hope to be able to sew as well as you.

I used to crochet shawls as a young hippie in the late 60s and early 70's so I am going to make a lot more of those. I think if you can see it in your head you can do it without a pattern.Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010 06:34:17 AM »

oops, thanks Muria, I missed the silk screening board. Number one unaccountably disappeared too, its Bath and Beauty.

alteredmommy. it is very daunting in list form, lol thats why I didnt post the list for so long. I wanted to get people hooked. I like the idea of using them for swaps though!

lovesclutter Thanks sweetie. crochet shawls? you have a lot more patience than me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010 07:19:39 PM »

Since one of my reasons for joining Craftster is to trick myself into learning new skills, I'm sorely tempted to give this a try. But the list of project boards is totally overwhelming.  Shocked Has anyone ever posted in all of them?

It's interesting to see that, although everyone groans about projects that will be really difficult to fulfil, everyone's list of hard vs easy is different!

It occurs to me that this is just like Scouts for adults. If only we could earn a badge for each new craft...

Edel, the frost photos are wonderful, and the coat is pretty splendid, especially the surprise lining. (If you think fake fur makes an unholy mess, you should try working with real fur!)

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2010 08:27:47 PM »

I'm sure that someone has posted in all of them. They're some people around with skills in everything! I'll have to learn how to crochet if I'm gonna try this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2010 11:00:25 PM »

hngoodlett I am not sure I agree. You tend to see the same names appearing on certain boards over and over again. I dont think that there would be any/many that have posted on everything. But I'd love to know if I am wrong.

Wulf the list is daunting! but certainly something to get your teeth into. What I am finding interesting is that it really makes you see if you are the type of person who gets the things you dont like done first, or if you are an avoider.

I love the idea of scout badges though..Here's a proposal for everyone. When you get this entire craftalong done. Pm me and I will send a scout badge themed craft to you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010 10:34:26 AM »

You know what would be cool? An avatar with some sort of acknowledgement of the achievement.  Of course, then I'd have to replace my doggie (or splice him in somehow)...  but he did get into the garbage yesterday, so I might be willing.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Beginning wister
InShambles
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010 06:54:20 PM »

I have been pondering whether to join this or not, and I think it'll be fun! There are a lot of things I've wanted to try, so this is the perfect excuse. I shudder to think what the results of my sculpting will be though - my mind doesn't work in 3-D! And knitting, I don't even know where to start with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://wists.com/InShambles
Art + Music = Happiness
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Warhammer Figurines
DIY Save The Date Postcard
DIY Save The Date Photo Notecard
DIY Save The Date Calendar
How to Read a Knitting Patten
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...