A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,390
Currently Running With Scissors:
776 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 129
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftalong:post a project on every completed projects board in a year (ish!)  (Read 100285 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #630 on: March 30, 2010 07:32:38 AM »

So sorry Edel, but I am happy you  are out of limbo. I'm just catching up on all the great stuff that has been posted on various boards. I will be working on clothing this weekend, for a swap.

Wulf I like that design in the bread cloth. That could have easily gone under needlepoint as well.

Very tired and still sick, but a little better since I quit smoking.

Welcome psyche and I will try to get something done soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
veri
« Reply #631 on: March 30, 2010 08:06:20 AM »

I havent got much done either, got dumped, (as in the limbo I was in with my ex was finally sorted and ended..so emotionally trashed again) so its craft therapy for me. Might even find my camera with all of the cleaning I am doing.

Hugs,hugs, hugs, edelC! But the hard part is over now! Now it only gets better! I don't know much about being dumped but I can tell you every next boyfriend was better than the one before (well, I only had 3, so not much of a number, but still...) So you can expect something better in the future Smiley.

Has any of you checked my scrapbooking project - is it alright to put it there though it's only one photo? That was needed and I like to make things useful...http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342796.msg3981534#msg3981534

Anyway I posted another two items today:
- recycled paper crafts: a squirrel box from an old shoe box - done: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342853.msg3982349#msg3982349
- recycled purses and bags: a shower netting bag - done: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342854.msg3982354#msg3982354

How do you like those?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #632 on: March 30, 2010 08:15:05 AM »

cute pic--you have so many practical solutions to your everyday life!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 30, 2010 03:42:04 PM »

There is a saying that "A quilt is not a quilt until you quilt it"

You're right, I'd never thought about how much of "quilting" today is better described as "patchwork". I had an elderly friend who used to say of the AIDS Memorial Quilt, rather acidly, "It's not a quilt. It's applique!."

Maria Isobel, I'm fascinated by your observation that Texas quilts all seem to be done by hand. Are you seeing heirloom quilts, like from our grandparents, or contemporary ones? I wonder if it's a local thing, or simply that nobody is quilting at all any more so the only ones you see are older ones. I think the last hand-sewn quilt I saw was a big Hawaiian one that my mother made about ten years ago. I think she did it by hand simply because it would have been too aggravating to machine-sew it. But it did take a year or so to get finished!
Always- you did mark the pages, I just noticed that barely any of them mentioned quilting ( I guess they are patchwork then!) and none of them mentioned even the possibility of hand quilting! Now im intrigued by that lost art! Sadly my machine is having trouble, it sound like a dying car whenever I try to use it and its ruining all my fabric Sad She's a bit old and I can't afford a new one right now so my adventures in quilting will have to wait.
Wulf- The quilt I have (all from Texas) were bought by my dad who loves to go around antique shops. he gave me some when I got married, but that's all I know about them. I know for a fact one of them is modern, made by a church group for a charity sale. But you can't tell really because the style and the fabric looks very traditional "americana" style. I think its a local thing, there are some tiny towns around the San Antonio area that are popular among tourist for their old-fashion look and shops. So the "old-school" style quilts were very popular!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

« Reply #634 on: March 30, 2010 10:51:00 PM »

I'm a little late, but I'm excited to join. This is the year for me to learn new crafting techniques, so this craftalong couldn't come at a better time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veri
« Reply #635 on: March 31, 2010 12:26:07 AM »

cute pic--you have so many practical solutions to your everyday life!!

Thank you! Right now time is luxury so when I craft I want to make something useful so I can justify my crafting Grin.

muria, take your machine apart and clean it really thoroughly, oil it and it will most probably work ok again. Than pay attention what kind of needles you use and always use the right  thickness for the fabric and don't skimp on needles - they are supposed to be sharp. Many times my machine caused trouble because the needle was damaged.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #636 on: March 31, 2010 02:32:05 AM »

So, edelC, would you like me to make you an apron? I have some ideas about it already  but I'd like to know your style so I could make it to your liking... And we theoretically live in the same country Cheesy (well, theoretically Tongue).

yes I would love an apron. i am a very sloppy cook and usually forget to wear an apron, Lovesclutter sent me a great one embroidered with my name on it, which I sometimes remember to wear..but hey the more the merrier...my style? loads of info on my profile..

so what can I make you in return?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

veri
« Reply #637 on: March 31, 2010 04:50:53 AM »

edelC, anything practical - we live in a really tiny appartment (38m2 and there are 4 of us) so I really don't collect any knick-knacks or souveniers. It can be something for the kids or since you like to sew, maby a very simple shirt with (very) long sleeves - I have long extremitets (arms and legs) although I'm not that big othewise (neither tall nor courvaceous - I am 168 cm high and 54 kg -I wear S usually, now that I'm breastfeeding I wear M due to the enlarged "mammal glands" Wink) so I always ecounter a problem that clothes are too short or too wide and I hate shopping so I never get any new stuff... i could make one myself - but you know how it goes - it's never my turn I always have to make a ton of stuff for others first Wink.
It might take me a while to get it done because I had a different idea while looking at your profile that would take a bit longer though. I hope it's ok with you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #638 on: March 31, 2010 05:28:56 AM »

muria, take your machine apart and clean it really thoroughly, oil it and it will most probably work ok again. Than pay attention what kind of needles you use and always use the right  thickness for the fabric and don't skimp on needles - they are supposed to be sharp. Many times my machine caused trouble because the needle was damaged.
Whew.  Took me a while to realize what that was referring to (If I ever make up another username, it's not going to look anything like "maria," because I've misread it too many times to count).  I do agree with your advice, and it's the very same advice I gave my friend who was having trouble with her sewing machine. The other advice was to completely rethread the machine, top and bottom to see if that helps.  Sometimes the thread doesn't catch in the tension discs properly, and will cause your machine to work improperly. There are also a bunch of discussions about sewing machine issues, so if you're still having trouble, you might want to check those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
veri
« Reply #639 on: March 31, 2010 06:27:50 AM »

Muria, but I wrote the right name - only without caplock... Huh
Thank you, i have no trouble with my machine -we live in symbiosis Grin. I understood you're having problems hence the advice. Rethreading is something I do all the time because I sew a lot so I don't even think somebody wouldn't do that when something is not working - that's like the first thing you try... You can also clean the disk with old credit card.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 129 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken Sauce
How to Make Chicken Stock
How to Make Herb Butter
How to Make Chicken Brine
Making Lamb Stew With Root Vegetables
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...