A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconfirmed Address on Paypal?  (Read 1463 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yellstella
« on: November 29, 2009 05:06:05 PM »

I just made my first sale on my etsy shop, which makes me so happy Smiley

Anyways, I messaged the buyer and told her that I would be sending the item tomorrow (Monday) morning. After looking at the PayPal notification closer, I saw that it was an unconfirmed address and sent the buyer a new message (to both her etsy account and email address) saying that she needed to confirm the address, but I was still planning to send the package tomorrow morning. Dumb of me!

After doing some more research/ weighing the risks, I read some horror stories and immediately emailed/ convo'ed her back basically saying "Please disregard the previouis message/email. For both of our safety/comfort, I will not be sending the item until the address is confirmed. Sorry for the confusion." The buyer also has no feedback, but neither do I! She also only joined etsy the same day she bought the item. Is that something to be suspicious of? I may just be being wicked paranoid.

I haven't heard from her at all, the first message was sent Saturday morning, and the last two just now.

So was this totally unprofessional and have I blown any chances of decent feedback? Or am I wise in being careful. I would just hate my first sale to be a hoax/ end in negative feedback for having conflicting messages.

Thanks for any advice!

I heard back from her and it is her address! Should I be worried about something like this in the future though?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009 05:23:22 PM by yellstella » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anaximander
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009 09:22:35 AM »

DO NOT send the item - You're not covered by any of the seller protections on PayPal if you do it, and the business I work for has been seriously hosed by that - so much so that we never ship to uncomfirmed addresses ever. Return the money promptly if you haven't already - it keeps a black mark from your account if they then claim it back.

Email her, and tell her that you're willing to hold the item until she can get it confirmed by paypal - ie until paypal sends her a particular confirmation code, and she enters it, thus confirming that the address is "real" (At least this was how it was the last time I dealt with the issue). That should keep you from any negative feedback - and if it doesn't, you're really better off looking into any negative-comment-removal process that etsy offers (I don't sell there, so I don't know what exactly that process is.)

Congratulations on your first sale, and I'm sorry it seems to have gone so far wrong. I'm sure you'll get another one soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le-Chat
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010 09:57:01 AM »

Why panic if the Etsy-Paypal address is the same? That's what I check first, if not I'll use the Etsy address, but will still (something I do anyway) send an email I'm going to ship to that address. If they don't react within a day I take it it's ok. Never had any problems!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my t-2-t adventures and my own ecclectic way of recycling:
http://trashcollector.blogspot.com

Buy eco-friendly in my Etsy Shop:
http://LeChatCrochet.etsy.com
Kornelia
Kanzashi artisan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010 09:28:46 AM »

Isn't the etsy address enough?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elegance_is_refusal
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010 02:34:30 AM »

It's always a good idea to ask first if that is their address or not, but just for future reference I believe the only countries where paypal customers can have confirmed addresses is the U.S., Canada, and United Kingdom.  If they're outside those countries, they're going to have a unconfirmed address, so no need to panic right away.  I just recently learned this when I had to ship a painting to a buyer in Australia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman ~Coco Chanel

My etsy shop! = NessaAncalime.etsy. com
darkladymajesta
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010 06:52:59 AM »

I move a lot (military and recent college graduate) so I haven't confirmed my address with paypal. But I have never had a problem with items being shipped to my home. I just answer any messages from the seller promptly. I haven't bought a whole lot off of etsy but ebay sellers don't seem to have a problem as long as they receive payment Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Fall Wreath in Under 30 Minutes
How to Make Homemade Bows
Pat Mitchell: Policy Comes from the Top
Pat Mitchell: The Audacity to Take Risk
Pat Mitchell: Everyone Needs a Rabbi
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...