A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,854
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 33**Discussion Thread**  (Read 44116 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Modern Peeps Family by Lana

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2009 09:04:11 AM »

Yum!  Your recipes look good Ptarmic!!  I have been introducing Lana to a little spice so maybe I could make a milder version of the tofu for her!  I think she'd also love the cashew chicken!!  

SNOW!!  Love that pic A2K!!  I hope we get real snow soon...well we had some, but it was the crunchy kind...not good for snow(wo)men.

Planning more frenzied crafting tonite!  Smiley  More felt ornaments and baking!!  I have all my shortbread pans ready!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
racehorse87
« Reply #231 on: December 09, 2009 09:50:44 AM »

As a rather quiet thread-stalker, I thought I'd mention that the idea of an STS cookbook really does sound awesome. I love cooking, but quick, easy, and yummy ones are always the best. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #232 on: December 09, 2009 10:20:47 AM »

YAY SNOW!  I want some!!  They are saying again that it might snow here this weekend... but I have a feeling it will just be cold and rainy again like last weekend, boooooooooo.

YAY for my BIL's Megaman hat!  Thanks A2K, you are awesome!  A Dec. 22nd baby, wooohooo for more Dec. babies (mine's the 23rd), although I am pretending to not be having a birthday this year, unless husband agrees to take me to the Melting Pot (mmmmm fondue)... I'm not ready to be 27, and neither is my mom, she couldn't believe I was already so old, haha.  Q keeps making me very self aware of things like age and weight because he's really into how old he is, numbers and weighing stuff... he really likes weighing all kinds of small things on the kitchen scale... and trying to wrangle cats onto the bathroom scale (picturing that should give you a giggle).

lxm- did you make the Alton Brown hot chocolate?  I made a half batch just for us to try and my had a time figuring out how much to use per mug of hot water, it suggests WAY too much (unless you like cocoa sludge), and my husband who LOVES bittersweet chocolate and things of the like didn't think it was sweet enough so I added a little granulated sugar as well, which helped.  And seriously only a pinch of cayenne for a whole batch!  I used a pinch for half and you couldn't even tell... of course when I added more I added too much and it was super burny on the back of your throat (but a slow burn, halfway through the mug you realize your mouth is on fire).   

I think there was something I am forgetting but I need to talk to the dishwasher repair man, I think they finally fixed it for good now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2009 11:47:26 AM »

it's kind of a modified alton brown cocoa. I felt the same way as you, and i figured out a pretty good technique to make sure it's not too sludgy and gross. I cut down the sugar a bit and used a little granulated sugar instead of all powdered.
I think it was the 1st AB recipe I had to futz with to get right! akk!
so yah, a couple batches later I had something similar, but not the same recipe at all. haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #234 on: December 09, 2009 01:45:36 PM »

Send me yours if you wrote it down, I would love to not have to futz with it myself... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #235 on: December 09, 2009 04:28:28 PM »

GAH! I hate the Danish Post right now. It's the second time in two weeks they make a royal poop. I went to the postoffice to get a package that came from the US only they couldn't find it. So the lady searched for like 10 minutes (on the tiny three bookcase system) then came to me and asked if I new what it looked like. But because the mailmen are comepletely useless and don't bother writing anything more than "USA" on my slip I have no idea who, what or where it is from. My GOD! Now I have to take a battle with them to make them bring it out again as I won't have any time at all next week to come and get - asuming they find it. Grr on them!

On another note, pictures of my stand at the Christmas fair:

I'll be adding the left overs into my shop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
kayrun

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #236 on: December 09, 2009 06:43:56 PM »

silk charmeuse would work I think, I know back in the day all the ladies with beehives used to sleep on slippery pillowcases to preserve their do Smiley  I don't mind what the print looks like, my bedroom has bright orange walls so bright fits in!  How many points would you like for it?  

oh, the memories of staying overnight @ my grandma's house & getting to sleep on her satin pillow!
She even got me one with my name embroidered on it - - think I still have it somewhere.....

ETA: LxM, the marshmallow descriptions are making my mouth water!!
Hey, are you thinking of selling them online via your Nollie's website once you open?   Tongue
I would buy some, for sure!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009 06:47:51 PM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayrun

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #237 on: December 09, 2009 07:03:26 PM »

I just need to clean up my 150 pages of pm's.  Tongue

I had no idea it was even possible to fill up that many pages!
LOL

Oh, and AM, will we get to see your new sofa?
I've been wanting to replace our LR sofa (it's been SHOT for a long
time, but I hate spending a bunch of $ on things for the house....coupled with new flooring & other remodeling that needs done around here, I get depressed.....)  oops, sorry to ramble~
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009 07:07:32 PM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2009 07:14:50 PM »

that's a pretty good idea. We might get around to selling stuff online, but it might take a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2009 09:23:17 PM »

Two things.

1. cc, you asked about the Wii fit. I don't think it's something that would motivate you (hard to say for sure, but it doesn't motivate me). It's a nice deviation from working out in a gym, but it's not something that I find "oh so fun", so it's not something I'm necessarily motivated to do.

2. One of the things I want to work on next year is getting better at remembering and acknowledging people's birthdays. I'd love to get a list of the regular STSers' birthdays if people are willing. Anyone interested in letting me know and/or anyone want the list, too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plus-Size Style Tips
Best Dressed Stars: Sports Illustrated Model, NYFW and More
Striped Swimsuit Trends
Trends In Swimsuit Shorts
Technical Novelty Swimsuit Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...