A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Way of Herbs: An Herbalism Swap - The Gallery  (Read 5950 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreadlocklove
« on: November 29, 2009 01:13:43 PM »

I'm excited to see all the herbal goodies!

Original swap thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321348.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
donniesgirl
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009 05:53:20 PM »

Oooh dibs!  I get to post first for once!   Cheesy  I got my package from amymisha today & now I must go open it & take pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009 07:03:34 PM »

Yay - here we go!  Amy forgot to send the note so I'm going to guess what it all is.   Grin  Here is all my loot:

Well, everything but the lavender scrub because it leaked a bit:

Interestingly, I had my sister mail some lavender scrub from Trader Joe's like 6 months ago & it leaked too.  Something about that lavender.  Wink

Next, I got some lavender sachets:

And a lavender eye pillow...?

A balm

Some tea

And a great book!

Thanks for everything Amy!  Lavender is my favorite.  So is blue - I don't know if you knew that.  It was a great package - can't wait to hear if I was right on everything.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009 07:05:05 PM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amymisha
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009 06:27:12 AM »

OK... here are the descriptions!!!!

The salt and sugar scrub is a lavender scrub, with essential oils of ylang ylang and rose. Sorry it leaked!!

The sachets are for using in your dryer, rather than dryer sheets. : )

There are two kinds of tea, lavender and lemon balm.

The balm is a cinnamon honey lip balm...I actually made it with Whole Earth tea.

And yes, a lavender eye pillow! For sweet dreams.

And the book is one of my favorites. Tons of great recipes for herbal bath and bosy care.

Sorry to lavender you up.... I had a bumper crop from my garden. The lemon balm is also from my garden. Glad you liked it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009 06:51:48 AM »

Wow, that was quick shipment!

You are so fortunate to have a lavender crop going, Amy!  I mean to buy some from MRH every order but it's so expensive.  How easy is it to grow from seed?

I've also had that book wishlisted on Amazon for a while now.  So it is worth buying?  I imagine the information and recipes is relavent to dreadlocks?

Good start to the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009 11:01:53 AM »

What a lovely package!  Great start to the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
donniesgirl
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009 12:11:02 PM »

I love lavender - it's my favorite, so it's not overkill at all!  The whole package smelled like lavender - it was great.  Smiley 

Dryer sachets!  I'd seen those at Trader Joe's (in California - we don't have one in Dallas  Tongue) & always wondered if they worked.  Yay - I can't wait to try them!  Hope DH doesn't mind smelling like lavender, too...  Wink  Oh well - lol.

Wow - that is a big lip balm.  It smells really nice, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009 12:49:49 PM »

Awesome package!!!  I LOVE lavender dryer sheets!!  I started lavender from seeds this spring and aside from them taking forever to germinate, they're pretty easy to grow for me.... but do keep in mind that our zones are totally different!!  I'm in 8b  Wink  Is there some sort of trick for growing lemon balm??  I've tried it 3 times and that is one plant that I just cannot seem to keep alive!  I love the stuff so that saddens me  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009 06:35:43 PM »

Okay, I've got to poke in here and satisfy my curiosity about dryer sachets. Your lavender ones sound really nice, and probably leave just the right hint of lavender, but can they be made to do more? Commercial fabric softeners offer three things: they eliminate static cling in synthetic fibres, soften cotton and natural fibres, and unless they're unscented, perfume your clothes. Obviously natural lavender sachets will only add scent, although not at asthma-inducing intensity like most of the liquid and sheet abominations. Does anyone know of any herb or natural product that can be included in dryer sachets that will give either static-elimination or fibre-softening? I expect we're at the mercy of Procter & Gamble here, but it never hurts to ask.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009 12:12:27 AM »

What a great package donniesgirl! I love lavender too and those dryer sachets sound wonderful!

Ok are we all ready for pictures of the wonderful goodies that Ariaya sent me??  I know I am ... here we go!
All pictures are clickable to save time in loading for those with slower connections.

This is what I saw when I opened the box:

Everything out of the box and on the table:

a really cute drawstring bag

a gorgeous pair of fingerless gloves for my cold hands. The yarn is handspun Shocked)

Two lovely heating packs that smell heavenly mmm peppermint!

An adorable container full of homemade laundry powder! I've always wanted to try this

next up we have an herbal vinegar mix for making Four Thieves Vinegar and a cranberry candle! (I love candles)

then there is a crocheted bag from more handspun wool, and in this bag are three felted dryer balls! I love these!

next up, we have two beautiful crocheted dishcloths! These are all I use anymore Shocked)

and finally a beautiful lined wicker basket holding a recipe book that contains hints, tips, uses and recipes for Four Thieves Vinegar and different homemade laundry soaps!

Thank you so much Ariaya, I just love everything!! You are a wonderful swap partner.

Lisa
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009 12:15:09 AM by Solitaire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Davy Rothbart Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Amy Reed Shares Some Advice
Meet Author Maria Celeste
Samantha Bee Talks About I Know I Am But What Are You
Shannon Rouss Reveals Her Favorite Words
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...