A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 303,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Stuffers 2009 version 2.0 Gallery  (Read 28070 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Disco Queen Highness
« on: November 29, 2009 07:05:26 AM »

Post your Christmas stocking stuffers pictures here and amaze all with the spoiling you've just received.

Shipped & Received
Feedback given
Contact Your Organizer Immediately

Disco Queen Highness' Crew
Disco Queen Highness - Craftsy
Ariethine - Disco Queen Highness
Monkey_Girl - Schnerby
zcrafter - Greenfaerie
theballandskein - Serenthia
meepmopmoop - thatkid
Angelicus - dharma_rebel
FruityLoops - BugPop

Aikibookworm's Crew
Aikibookworm - Tero
irish_chicky - crazy4bags
Jigarkhwar - InShambles
Msmia - Blackstitches
craftypuppymom - tcha345
GamerGirl - cassiecate57
zigg13pra - beccas_song

Monday Nov 16 -  Doing my best cat girl impression whilst warming up my whip.    Remember communication is muy importante.  Don't make me come over there.

Sunday Nov 29 Gallery is up - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329416.0
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010 07:06:09 PM by Disco Queen Highness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009 08:00:36 AM »

it's going to be quite a while before this gallery gets going haha Can't wait until it does though!!

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009 11:30:15 AM »

OMG I received from our amazing organizer this morning. I so squealed when I saw what was inside! I have my very own Cadbury advent calendar  Grin . Haha thanks so much! I also got a Union Jack times newspaper, I never knew they even made such a thing, I will have to find out where to get them locally! Everything else is wrapped though Sad I am such a kid and have already had a feel of some of them  Cheesy Here is a sucky pic of everything!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009 11:31:21 AM by Craftsy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009 04:30:41 PM »

I'm glad it got there to you pretty quick.  I'd hate to know you had to gorge yourself on chocolate for breakfast, just to get caught up to the right door on that calendar.  The advent calendars are one of the huge treats for my girls.  They start a count down to December 1st, the day the get to start having their chocolate for breakfast.  Kids are so easy.

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009 08:10:33 PM »

Wow the gallery is going to be so much fun the days after Christmas too, this swap is very tantalizing, dragging out the best parts for a month !!! Smiley

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009 03:57:01 PM »

I want to know what I'm getting nooooooooowwwwwww!!! *whining like my 3 year old*. Can't wait!

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009 05:48:47 PM »

I have some goodies to show too, but it will not be until tomorrow as I've forgotten my camera at my sister's house.
Where did you get the Union Jack Times? I Google's it and nothing came up.

My Wist - http://wists.com/InShambles
Art + Music = Happiness
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009 06:23:04 PM »

I got it at a local store called the British Pantry.  They've also got a pub and bakery.  We can get mince, mushroom or steak and kidney pies, all kinds of little tarts and scones and baked goods.  Right now everyone seems to be ordering some sort of sausage for holiday dinners or maybe breakfasts.  I know every holiday season there's always a huge line to get them.  It's lost on me, though.

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009 08:40:56 PM »

OK FINALLY Smiley The internet is working enough for me to upload my haul. Y'all have NO idea how hard it is for me to not open all of these. OK here they are....

eeeeee!! OK cool thing about these wrapped presents...I was on line earlier today before the box and before the internet issue and was playing my favorite time sucking game Farmville. I know it's sad but that is another story, anyway you give presents to your friends and you have to chose from the ones they have for you. I keep choosing brown paper packages wrapped up with string and kept thinking....I wonder why that isn't still popular I LOVE brown paper packages the make me want to open them all the more. (how is that for a wee snap shot into my head) Smiley

Then I get my box with brown paper and the string is YARN Smiley

OK now on to the fun part of the package, as you all saw she told me I could open ONE and she told me which one. I tore into that baby with a passion and out came this...

I tried and tried to get a good picture Aiki if you have a better one please post it because this is SUCH a good idea. I love this so much !!! She went to a cotton field after they had harvested and gleaned cotton and cotton seeds for me !!! It reminded me of Ruth and brought a tear to my eye. I promise things like this with so much thought put into them mean the world to me. It is on my happy shelf now in my art room. It is one of my favorite things I have ever gotten in a swap I promise.
Oh in case y'all cant read the jar says quilt seeds !!! Grin

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009 09:01:06 PM »

OK, first off real quick before I panic a little, there should've been a sealed, white business sized envelope on top of all the packages when you opened the box.  I don't see it in the pic.  Did you find it?  That's an item itself.

I'm glad you like your Quilt Seeds.  The weather has been so awful to the farmers around here this year.  Some won't have a crop, and those who do are getting it in so late.  The main crops around here are cotton, soybeans, and rice with some corn and sorgham thrown in, too.  Rain, rain, and more rain has pushed the harvest way back and left everything wet and muddy.  

Finally, a couple of weeks ago, we had a stretch of clear days.  Many farmers were able to get their cotton picked and modules pressed.  Now, the modules are being transported to the gins.  When the trucks lift the modules off the ground, they leave behind big clumps of cotton.  One afternoon before the rains were to begin again, I went out to one of the fields by the tiny airport where the crop dusters land and the sheriff's dept. helicopter's helipad is and gleaned a gallon size ziploc bag of raw cotton from where a module had been.  It's been hard to find cotton that's dry enough and clean enough to glean this year.  

Then, over the next couple of nights while watching shows on hulu, I got a new appreciation for cotton gins!  It is VERY time consuming to pick seeds out of raw cotton!  Your little jar's worth of seeds took over an hour!   Roll Eyes  

Anyway, now you have cotton seeds from which to grow a quilt!  Wink

I do have a clearer pic, but I can't post it because the Quilt Seeds share the pic with other items that you can't see, yet! Wink

OK, I hereby give you permission to open another package.  If you haven't already snatched one up and started tearing with reckless abandon, please find the envelope and open it.  *HUGS*

And, y'all don't fuss at me for letting Tero cheat here and there.  Just taking care of someone who takes care of me.  We're both wading through some rough days, and I happen to know Tero needs some extra spoiling this week.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009 09:27:58 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Dressing Room: Hardwired
United States in Style: New Mexico
5 Ways To Wear A White Dress After Labor Day
Fashions To Help Your Kids Rock The New School Year
How to Wear Sheer Fashions This Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...