A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not Quite a Gazillion Black Apple Dolls... But Close! (lots o'pics)  (Read 2965 times)
Tags for this thread: black_apple_doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2009 01:43:21 PM »

So I made up all of these little ladies for my church craft show today... But I only sold one  Embarrassed. But I like them alot and so I decided to show them off:

(Don't mind the numbers)

And here are some of my favourites:

Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009 01:46:26 PM »

they are all so cute!  If I knew I was having a girl, and I was at that sale I'd have bought one Smiley  To bad only one sold.  I guess people see that then think.."well my kids wont like that.. it doesn't talk or interact.." ' which is one big downside to todays toys, if it doesn't do something kids seem to get bored with it to easily....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009 01:56:29 PM »

they are all so cute!  If I knew I was having a girl, and I was at that sale I'd have bought one Smiley  To bad only one sold.  I guess people see that then think.."well my kids wont like that.. it doesn't talk or interact.." ' which is one big downside to todays toys, if it doesn't do something kids seem to get bored with it to easily....

Well thanks! Cheesy
And it is totally understandable. I also think that the fact that my city is having a bus strike (2 weeks now- and apparently the strike will continue into Feb!), so alot of people are having difficulties getting around, well that and you know- recession :/
Oh well, whenever I watch TV I make them, so then I feel justified in watching more TV if I get stuff accomplished.
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009 03:18:48 PM »

Those are so cute!  I am making some right now for Christmas gifts, and my 3 year old "boys" boy, who is into all things boy-ish, fell in love with one of my girls!!  He was loving and hugging her, until I finally stole her back!  HAHAHA

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009 03:52:42 PM »

Those are so cute!  I am making some right now for Christmas gifts, and my 3 year old "boys" boy, who is into all things boy-ish, fell in love with one of my girls!!  He was loving and hugging her, until I finally stole her back!  HAHAHA

Lydia

Awww... That is really cute! At the sale I had kinda been like "why in the world didn't I alter the pattern a bit and make some boys up?"  But heck, if they are a-okay with a female doll- all the power to them.
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paulasews
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009 04:09:47 PM »

I think they are gorgeous and I would've bought one if I'd been at your fair and I don't even have children, she would just sit somewhere making me smile Smiley  Not that it is any consolation but I never have any luck at craft fairs either, I'm usually just grateful if I make back the cost of the stand. I am trying a new track next week by focusing on personalised gifts but that is the last fair I have booked and I am in two minds as to whether I will do any more. These dolls are one of the things I sell (or don't sell as the case may be!)

obviously they aren't usually all nekkid, I do make them dresses but I don't have any up to date, non blurry well lit pics, sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009 04:31:49 PM »

These dolls are one of the things I sell (or don't sell as the case may be!)

They are cute and I like how you can change their clothes! And ummmm... is that your fabric stash sitting underneath the naked dolls? If so... Quite Jealous!
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paulasews
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009 04:40:43 PM »

Oh boy.....umm...no, my fabric stash is kind of bigger than that but in my defense I am an independent textile designer so the majority of it is stock rather than stash!

I keep thinking about designing a wardrobe of outfits to sell with the dolls but, well, that would mean more to sell, the dresses I make are reversible though so that's a start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009 04:52:45 PM »

A textile designer?!? Just ran off to look at your design site... That is so cool! That is one job I would have never have even thought of. Too bad my dad already said no to focusing more on art than anthro.

And reversable dresses/ selling them by themselves sounds like some pretty good ideas. Today I noticed the lady across from me selling quite a few Cabbage Patch doll outfits. I didn't even know kids were still interested in them!
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009 05:18:51 PM »

Lydia

Awww... That is really cute! At the sale I had kinda been like "why in the world didn't I alter the pattern a bit and make some boys up?"  But heck, if they are a-okay with a female doll- all the power to them.
Cheesy

I am planning to make up a few boy dolls too, but now, I don't know whether to give him a boy or girl!  At least I know he'll like them......

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Adelle Waldman LIVE
Josh Turner on His Book "Man Stuff"
Ruth Reichl Talks About Her New Book
Andrew D. Kaufman on Tolstoy and War and Peace
Top 10 Notes: The Old Man and the Sea
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...