A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: REDNECK in a box...?  (Read 2582 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

schmitaa
« on: April 22, 2005 09:22:58 PM »

I love the "    in a box" ideas and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a redneck in a box.  A friend of mine recently moved to Montana (I live in Wisconsin) and is kinda homesick.  I thought I could send him a box of things to remind him of home....but I can't think of anything...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005 09:34:09 PM »

Chewing tobacco (or just the case it's a joke right?) a red bandanna, a Willy Nelson cd, a flannel shirt, post cards with mullet pics on them for mailing you back, and.. I'm outta ideas. Oh a 4x4 magazine.. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
moonshire

if you're going to san francisco...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005 09:41:30 PM »

tractor stuff.. cow stuff... .. maybe some way to incoporate "farmers tan"  put in some sunsreen and tape on direction to not use   on lower half of arm... or something like that...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you not like to be?  -DMB
http://seaddlebags.blogspot.com/
Rachelmakesgraves

I'm preparing for my role

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005 09:47:46 PM »

duct tape, random car parts, anything nascar, the farmer's tan idea is cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

perfect bodies on tv, just a f**king marketing scheme..
-the angsted
schmitaa
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005 10:18:05 PM »

I love the farmer's tan thing!!!  Duct tape is also a must.  And flannel.  The scary thing is the fact that my friend will find all of these things very useful- he won't realize it's all a joke.  He's a true redneck at heart...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cyclamen
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005 10:20:33 PM »

PBR in a can.  Or Busch.  Woot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005 02:23:46 PM »

A koozie.  You know... the foam huggers for beer cans.

Ditto on the duct tape, great idea!

Cigarette "wear" anything that you can find...that someone saved the UPCs from cigarette cartons, to purchase.  A "Marlboro" truckers cap, for instance.

Tobasco sauce... a redneck's gotta eat Smiley  And he loves to put it on his deer jerky!
or some good old fashion chili mixin's.

Dehydrated water (LOL) Take an empty sandwich bag...make a label for it & "instructions for use" Perfect for back packers.

A cord of wood...!  Take a few pieces of wood & tie a cord around them, lol.

You could make a gift basket out of all the stuff.. put it in a bucket & hang a tag on it that says "doubles as a spittoon or a toilet!!"

Or you could make a basket out of some (NEW!) tighty whities!  Sew the leg holes closed... filled it full of all the goodes & paint "Redneck Briefcase" on the banding.. Smiley

Tie a BBQ shiskabob skewer to a mouse trap.  LOL ~ lunch!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Whtsmypaswrd
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005 02:31:27 PM »

Well being from Arkansas I'm a little bit of an expert on this subject. Recipes for squirrel or opossum or raccoon are a redneck classic. As a general rule a good redneck barbeque should include the largest variety of dead animals possible. Also anything Wrangler is suitable.

I guess if Wisconsin is involved then the shooting of cats should be referenced in the package (that is hardcore redneck- and absolutely HORRIBLE!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a remembrance of the inert that's taken to dancing. Everything is all the same.

Michael McClure
craft-matic
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005 02:47:48 PM »

It definitely requires some kind of bumper sticker, preferably one referencing firearms.  Find or make them easily on the web for a couple of bucks. 

I also recommend including a copy of the Army's official wilderness survival guide.  I personally own it, and can attest to its greatness.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0967512395/002-2830861-2643264?v=glance

You can highlight things you think he might need in MT! 

I personally don't care for the Blue Collar TV/Jeff Foxworthy stripe of comedy, but if he's into it you could throw in a CD of that.  I would personally prefer to put together a redneck theme CD, with songs like "Redneck Girls" and other country tunes, that classic, "Convoy" etc. 

Finally, an absolute MUST since he's in MT, some home-made fishin' flies! Or supplies for him to do it if you don't feel like it.  Google "how to tie flies" for two billions websites with instructions.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
cyclamen
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005 03:12:51 PM »

A koozie.  You know... the foam huggers for beer cans.

Dehydrated water (LOL) Take an empty sandwich bag...make a label for it & "instructions for use" Perfect for back packers.

Damn, is that how you spell koozie?  I'd always wondered.  And dehydrated water!  My dad used to bring home empty plastic vitamin packets and amuse us by mixing up some "dehydrated water" for us to drink.... lol  I didn't know that was a redneck thing too ... tho he is from Louisiana....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
C&C Try: DIY Beauty Face Masks
How To Fix Broken Makeup
Karlie Kloss Reveals How She Got In Shape For VS Fashion Show
The 5 Luxury Gifts You Should Splurge on This Holiday Season
How to Get Glam with Gretchen: Applying Fake Eyelashes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...