A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DECEMBER Birthday Swap  (Read 30355 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsayrose
« on: November 26, 2009 04:50:24 PM »

Please post discussions and photos here.

Original link:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329244.msg3801534#msg3801534
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009 04:20:48 PM by lindsayrose » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsayrose
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009 04:23:35 PM »

SO I'm curious if anybody has their birthday celebrated at christmas (or whatever your holiday) or if you have them separately. My birthday is the 28th and I always had a birthday party with presents on my birthday. It's funny people always ask me if I get less presents than other people because my birthday is so close to christmas but in all honesty I have no clue! I've never had a birthday any other time ha ha so I have nothing to compare it to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009 08:13:30 PM »

So, I'm not in this swap, but I am a December birthday girl. Everyone thinks it would suck, but I don't mind it. I do have a friend who was born on Christmas, which might be harder to deal with, but I think people are so worried about you feeling ripped off that they make sure to get seperate presents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009 01:36:55 PM »

i've always celebrated them seperately. my birthday is the 23rd, and its always seemed to me that all of the christmas decor, good food, and festivities make my birthday just that much more special.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Le Mieux
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009 02:46:15 PM »

my boyfriend is on 21st dec and i'm on 22nd dec....we both understand the HATRED of joint presents! (even at the ripe old age of almost 27  Cheesy )

and i always celebrate my birthday separately - im waaay to selfish to join bday and xmas  Wink . besides, so close to christmas, people are usually on holiday and up for a bit of a drink. tho i do admit that many people, mainly friends, forget my day as its so hectic this time of year. but, whatev, as long as i have a glass of champers and some cadburys roses, im happy  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
edie22
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009 01:11:58 AM »

Well, my birthday is on the 9th, which isn't as close to Christmas as some, but I still sometimes get the "this is a joint present" bullcrap. 

My mom always made sure that I had separate parties/presents, and I still do that.  Of course now that i'm in my 30s (god I hate that) its easier to get together with people for drinks for my birthday and then the Christmas parties are separate.  And my husband fullwell understands that there are birthday presents, and then there are christmas presents, or else he doesn't get them either.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
ollieorange
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009 08:05:26 AM »

And my husband fullwell understands that there are birthday presents, and then there are christmas presents, or else he doesn't get them either.  Smiley
LOL!

My b-day is on the 29th. My b-day is most often just forgotten- by friends and family. I often have to attend funerals on my birthday too. My 13, 15, 18, 21 & 29th b-days were spent at funerals. I think there were a few more too, but I can't (or don't want to) remember right now.
Man, am I a buzz-kill or what?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009 09:24:26 AM »

And my husband fullwell understands that there are birthday presents, and then there are christmas presents, or else he doesn't get them either.  Smiley
LOL!

My b-day is on the 29th. My b-day is most often just forgotten- by friends and family. I often have to attend funerals on my birthday too. My 13, 15, 18, 21 & 29th b-days were spent at funerals. I think there were a few more too, but I can't (or don't want to) remember right now.

I think you are in the least enviable position of all December birthdays -- anything AFTER Christmas has lost its shine and no doubt feels like a chore.  I think you deserve EXTRA presents this year, ollie! 

My birthday is Christmas Eve -- this is the best December birthday in my opinion!  Everyone is excited and usually home by noon or so!  The celebration starts early, though it IS interrupted by church!  Cheesy  I love going to church on my birthday, though.  It's just a good day to be born.  All of us December babies are TRUE gifts! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thedreamer
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009 10:50:00 AM »

aww, that's just too bad.  I agree that people just get too tired after Christmas to do anything, then it's New Year's Eve, and you're just stuck in between.  My birthday's on the 2nd, but people still lump it together with Christmas because that's when I meet up with most of my family and other friends.  Usually I get the "Oh right, your birthday's in December!  Well...Merry Christmas and happy birthday too, I guess" and they hand over a Christmas present  Sad  I really don't mind getting only one present, but it'd be nice if they remembered about it beforehand instead of it being an afterthought...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccabadger
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009 02:38:23 PM »

I've signed up. My birthday is the most inconvenient of all. Actually on the 25th.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009 02:41:25 PM by sg1psychopath » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ambient Art - Monet
Ambient Art - Manet
Ambient Art - Gauguin
Ambient Art - Degas
Ambient Art - Cezanne
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom
Artsy Garden
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...