A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
816 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gothic/Sweet Lolita Swap (CLOSED send out 01/20/2010)  (Read 24654 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

classicseamstress
« Reply #190 on: January 14, 2010 09:05:24 AM »

Should I clean the house or work on finishing up stuff for the Lolita swap?  Easy decision - off to do more sewing.  A little dust never hurt anyone - the house can wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2010 09:18:47 AM »

HAHAHA!! I like your spirit and way of thinking nancy!!  Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vinnie451
Onna Otaku

Craft or Die!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2010 09:31:06 AM »

I had that conversation with myself for a week and paid for it in the end. Took me all day yesterday to clean the house AND my craft room. But I'll probly do thing same thing again today...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010 09:31:30 AM by vinnie451 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now With Craft Blog - http://vinnie451craft.blogspot.com/

"Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great art can come from anywhere." Ego, Ratatouille
ojy

E.C.? Meh. Spike is way hotter.

« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2010 11:20:46 AM »

Yeah, I'm almost done, but had to take a break. I was chugging along, then looked down and went "huh, I sewed that inside out..." That normally means time to take a break. (AFTER ripping out all the stitches, which takes a while when you are sewing 12-15 stitches an inch with an industrial strength machine....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps:

-----------
Will do personal swaps to receive fabric yardages. Also, if you are looking for costume work, I will work in trade or swap. I have an available Singer Pixie, is anyone interested?
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2010 11:53:10 AM »

i wish i could work that way. i'm not a neat freak by any means, but if my craft stuff isnt organized and the space free of clutter, i cant concentrate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Ariethine
« Reply #195 on: January 14, 2010 12:03:22 PM »

I have to work with a disaster. Because my stuff is a disaster. I get upset a lot because I can't find stuff, so I have to stop and rummage through stuff to find what I'm looking for. But I manage. Smiley I don't have enough room to not manage that way. I'm hoping to get my stuff cleaned and organized this year though. Hopefully sometime soon. 
I lost a LOT of items while trying to do this swap...but I found them again eventually. Smiley Good enough for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ojy

« Reply #196 on: January 14, 2010 12:12:57 PM »

I doubt there is a crafter out there who thinks they have "enough" space for all their stuff. lol

I was all optimistic when we bought our house that I would be able to use the spare room as a sewing room, but that lasted for a few months. We are supposed to be moving in my sister in law to help make ends meet, so now all my sewing stuff is spread between the extra closet in the kids' room, my closet, and the storage closet, and my machine is set up in the living room for now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps:

-----------
Will do personal swaps to receive fabric yardages. Also, if you are looking for costume work, I will work in trade or swap. I have an available Singer Pixie, is anyone interested?
Ariethine
« Reply #197 on: January 14, 2010 12:22:13 PM »

Sad I'm sorry to hear that ojy. That must have been a real let down. At least you'll have some good swap swag heading your way! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ojy

« Reply #198 on: January 14, 2010 12:26:54 PM »

Yeah.

Actually, I don't know that it is a let down. I'll trade for being able to get ahead and having a sometimes baby sitter. haha If we can get past this hiccup in the economy then, who knows, maybe we can find a bigger house. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps:

-----------
vinnie451
Onna Otaku

Craft or Die!

« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2010 01:47:45 PM »

I have the joy of having a craft room. There is still not enough room. The rest of my house is ridiculously small so the closets hold holiday decoration and things that don't go anywhere. The only storage we have is in an outside shed and I just can't bring myself to use it. I feel bad for my neighbor who has to use the second bedroom for her kid. Where dose she keep her crafts?

ojy, I'm alawys sewing thigs inside out and backwards. My husband gives me crap all the time for it. He's like "you do this all the time. How do you screw up so much?" The world may never know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now With Craft Blog - http://vinnie451craft.blogspot.com/

"Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great art can come from anywhere." Ego, Ratatouille
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 24/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 19/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 2/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 22/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 21/35
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...