A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,472
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gothic/Sweet Lolita Swap (CLOSED send out 01/20/2010)  (Read 23564 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2010 03:09:23 PM »

so i went to the post office today to get some flat rate boxes and i checked the shipping rates online- to ship from america to finland in a flat rate box costs as follows-
a small box the size of a video costs around $12-15
and a medium costs around $40!
with regular mail, a two pound box costs $17!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the hell!?
*sigh*
well, my items are turning out very pretty. one of the clothing items will be extremely squished and folded into a tiny square so prettyhatemachine be forwarned!

I think the shipping prices have been adjusted, secretly. I swear, I paid almost as much for a 6 oz package as I did sending a .3 oz package. My hubbie has a theory that they charge you differently for making your own mailer (I had made a padded mailer for the .3 oz package).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2010 10:43:03 AM »

I feel positively lolita today! I don't know what's more loli than crocheting roses, eating candy, and doodling patterns of cupcakes and doughnuts while browsing anime titles! Cheesy Hehe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamakins37
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2010 10:59:07 AM »

i'm feeling very lolita today also! i just got dressed up and am about to go on an outing with my lolita friend  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You know the black bits in bananas, are they tarantulas' eggs?
ojy

E.C.? Meh. Spike is way hotter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2010 12:13:47 PM »

It must be something in the air. I just finished revamping an old lolita styled cosplay (Moon Phase) into an even cuter lolita outfit, and I wanna get some good pics, but there is no one here to take them. I guess its time to teach the 18 month old to point and click. hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps:

-----------
Will do personal swaps to receive fabric yardages. Also, if you are looking for costume work, I will work in trade or swap. I have an available Singer Pixie, is anyone interested?
Ariethine
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2010 12:19:41 PM »

I just went to walmart and picked up some navy colored fabric. I've decided to add another item to the list of what I'm making romancedinthepast... I'm so excited. I'm pretty much going to do a dupe of everything I make her. (I already asked, and she said she doesn't care. But I love them SO much, it will be so hard to let them go without promising myself my own.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vinnie451
Onna Otaku

Craft or Die!

« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2010 02:11:36 PM »

I cleaned my craft room today after finishing a last minute project. Apparently I had been neglecting it for a while because there was a layer of fabric, thread, paper and bits over the whole floor. Not to mention I have the tendency to take storage boxes off the shelf and not put them back. What good is being organized if you trip over it?

Unfortunatley I'm not as loli as you all. Though I would love to join in. Cleaning house just dosn't suit fluffy skirts and hair do's. But I did paint my nails with polish that has liitle purple stars and lots of glitter so I guess its a start.

BTW and just cause I have to vent to people who will understand... My husband ordered a blue wig from china for me before xmas and its still not here. GRRRRR. Not giving positive feedback for that order.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now With Craft Blog - http://vinnie451craft.blogspot.com/

"Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great art can come from anywhere." Ego, Ratatouille
ojy

E.C.? Meh. Spike is way hotter.

« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2010 02:14:00 PM »

Yeah, when I'm cleaning I tend to destroy whatever I am wearing, so I know the feeling.

Give it time. Shipping from China is uber slow on a regular basis, and Christmas-time shipping backups make it way worse. If it isn't here by the 20th, then start to worry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps:

-----------
Will do personal swaps to receive fabric yardages. Also, if you are looking for costume work, I will work in trade or swap. I have an available Singer Pixie, is anyone interested?
aisy
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2010 09:37:52 PM »

so i went to the post office today to get some flat rate boxes and i checked the shipping rates online- to ship from america to finland in a flat rate box costs as follows-
a small box the size of a video costs around $12-15
and a medium costs around $40!
with regular mail, a two pound box costs $17!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the hell!?
*sigh*
well, my items are turning out very pretty. one of the clothing items will be extremely squished and folded into a tiny square so prettyhatemachine be forwarned!

I think the shipping prices have been adjusted, secretly. I swear, I paid almost as much for a 6 oz package as I did sending a .3 oz package. My hubbie has a theory that they charge you differently for making your own mailer (I had made a padded mailer for the .3 oz package).

lol i think that must be it!cuz they are insane!i shipped to england before and it wasnt nearly that much! arghhh!
anyways, my box to prettyhatemachine is all beautifully packaged and ready to be shipped!
gonna try to do it sometime this week Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2010 09:39:41 PM »

I wish I was done. But things are going along for me SO well, that I'm happy to do them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2010 09:54:55 PM »

woot woot! i finished this evening and took pictures! so i'll be sending tomorrow!  i cant believe the swap anxiety i'm having with this one. i cant wait to find out if dizzerspinninround likes what i've put together for her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Simple Back to School Hairstyle
The Monday Makeover - Disco Heat
How to Style the Perfect Top Knot
How to Do a Miley Cyrus Hair Style
The Monday Makeover - Singer Kilo Kish
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...