A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 14 gallery of fabulousness!!  (Read 19809 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fatewineroses
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2009 03:56:32 PM »

It makes perfect sense to me that this swap would turn out some amazing work. Amazing craftsters inviting other amazing crafsters to swap? What else could it be but amazing???  Grin  I love most everything I've seen so far! The poppet with the snail? Beautiful spider scarf? Several amazing and beautiful knit and crocheted projects? Wonderfully colored yarns and rovings? The pirate bags! Altered books! Resin jewelry! So many other beautiful projects!

I was lucky enough to have spookshowbaby77 invite me to swap with her and I will be forever grateful. We had done a couple of small swaps with each other both on craftster and flickr, and I think we've gotten pretty good at making things each other will love. I've enjoyed each swap we've done, but this round was particularly wonderful. I recently had some hard changes happen in my life, and doing this swap kept me focused on something positive and creative. I will be ever grateful to Kerry for the invite.

Then, on top of that, she went and sent me the most AMAZING package of stuff EVER! I received like a week ago and Kerry has been so patient with my situation (it's taken 3 days to get the pics uploaded), so I'm SO happy to show you what she sent me!

It would be almost impossible to take one picture of this swap package, so you are forewarned that this is pic heavy.

My one request made was for a tote. I asked for a very large one with handles long enough to throw over my shoulder. Boy did she deliver and then some! I love Professor X!

These two brooches were attached to my wonderful tote! I keep crossing my fingers that my teenager will not realize that they come off. Grin

An adorable clothes pin doll with a cute cardinal perched on her head and cuddling a moose in her arms.

A saucy angel ornament that reminds me of Pinky from Grease. Shell be hanging out in my car that I just bought to help keep me safe. She has a beaded halo and sparkles on her dress. I love her!

A great jar pincushion that Im already using! It was filled with little bits of whimsy that I love.

Heres the whimsy I was talking about.

This group shot shows a handkerchief embroidered with Kermit (my favorite Muppet) and a crocheted edge, some peace sign fabric and a bulldog named Semper Fidelis.  Im not sure if she crocheted it herself or if she bought it vintage. I love the colors though. Im also not sure if she knows (but Im guessing she does) that the bulldog is significant to me. Im a former Marine, so Semper Fidelis is the perfect companion.

The package actually came with TWO owl ornaments, which I had previously admired on Kerrys flickrstream. Unfortunately my daughter saw them and snatched one right out of the box!

An old Snoopy book that I pick up at least once a day to get a giggle, a MS felt flower kit (I LOVE MS), and a handful of trading cards.  Cards include everything from old school Battlestar Galatica, Star Wars (Han Solo!!!), XMen (Storm and Nightcrawler!!!), Powerpuff Girls, Batman and some others I can't remember off the top of my head. I love trading cards! My daughter thinks I'm a dork for getting so excited about them, and I'm okay with that.

Amazingly enough, Im almost positive Im missing something! Thank you SO much spookshowbaby77, for inviting me to swap with you and a HUGE thanks to Superduperhooker for organizing this herd of cats..I mean craftsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
Uncertain Creativity
seekingstars on etsy
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2009 04:14:05 PM »

Amazing package!  Semper Fi fatewineroses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2009 04:45:19 PM »

What a wonderful and thoughtful package! I love the little owls! The pincushion is wonderful too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookshowbaby77
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2009 06:57:49 PM »

Hooray! I'm so glad you liked your package, fatewineroses! You are such a crafty inspiration for me, and it is always such a treat to swap with you.

Props must be given to my hubby for painting Professor X...but, I helped choose the colors. The bulldog was a thrift store find, I couldn't believe how perfect he was for this swap (yes, I stalked). I did not crochet the edging on the hanky (I wish!), and Kermit went a bit wonky when he came off the hoop, but I had to include him anyway.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
frogangel
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2009 07:45:30 PM »

Everyone's packages have been awesome! I really love that spider scarf!

PirateColey, I'm so glad that you like everything. And I'm up for other swaps with you anytime. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2009 01:19:25 PM »

I got some gorgeous mittens from oneredboot today. We did a small (but awesome!) swap, and these are perfect; I love their stripeyness! Thanks so much, oneredboot. My hands thank you too.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
oneredboot
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2009 01:36:50 PM »

designed to keep your hands warm while walking the dog--hope they work!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2009 03:21:43 PM »

Wonderful mittens! I love knitted goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeapFeetFirst

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2009 02:30:19 PM »

I received the most wonderful package from Slingmomma this week!!!

First up are some glass necklaces and some bamboo tiles for me to play with.

The the main item I requested- a brand new wallet! I am totally in love with this thing! The fabric on the outside is so cool and the lining fabric is exactly the same as my purse that JennyBear made me in another swap.

There are just enough pockets to hold everything I need, and it is machine washable- a huge plus!. I am in awe of Slingmomma's sewing skills!!!

THANK YOU!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2009 02:47:33 PM »

I love that wallet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find NYC Sample Sales
How to Pick a Statement Piece
How to Mix Trendy Pieces With Classics
How to Pick the Right Jewelry for Your Outfit
How to Add Style to Spring Outfits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...