A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,646
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 14 gallery of fabulousness!!  (Read 19437 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2009 06:07:20 AM »

ooh exciting! so glad it made it, Melvinator!   if you got yours I bet I get mine in the next few days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2009 07:34:28 AM »

CUTE monster mittens.

Knickertwist, you have to be one of the only people I know who has a graveyard next to her gingerbread house.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2009 07:41:47 AM »

Knickertwist, you have to be one of the only people I know who has a graveyard next to her gingerbread house.  Cheesy

The half eaten gingerbread men and snowball victims need somewhere for a final resting place  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2009 08:22:29 AM »

Love the monster mittens!  The paper graveyard is so awesome.  Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2009 03:39:14 PM »

Belladune and I decided to swap for one medium item and one small ornament- man, did she spoil me! I love absolutely everything!

Funny story- Belladune sent the package in an Infamil formula box- I'm pregnant so I just thought it was some company sending me a sample! Upon closer inspection I realized what it was and ran inside to tear it open!

She packaged everything with little hand cut paper snowflakes that I wasn't able to get a picture of, but they were so sweet!

Instead of one ornament, she sent a set of 3! These are so cute! My camera didn't do them justice- they're a lovely green with some green glittery accents and sliver beads sewn on, as well as some red felt with some seed beads sewn on. Gorgeous! I'll cherish them forever.

Action shot of one of the ornaments

She sent this gorgeous tea wallet too, which I love so much it will probably get used as a credit card/other card holder!

Inside view of the lovely fabrics on the tea wallet

She noticed a little Alice in Wonderland love on my wists, so she made me this gorgeous felted pincushion. Those little pins? Yeah, handmade awesome shrinky dink pins that are Alice-related!

Last but not least: an amazing camera case! I requested one and just thought it would be sewn or something like that- but not from the queen of fiber! This thing is amazing and one of my favorite swap items ever. She got my taste spot on, especially with the reddish orange tones. And the button on the front is the closure- the flower is sewn onto the front flap. <3 it!

Inside view of the camera case. You can't really see it in the picture, but she thoughtfully added a little pocket on top for memory cards and other things I might need to carry along.

Thank you SO MUCH, Belladune! I'm glad we finally were able to swap!

(side note: I am apparently really dumb when it comes to posting from anything other than Craftster photo hosting- posting these from Flickr literally took me 6 tries)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009 03:48:15 PM by Melvinator - Reason: Techno-tard Flickr difficulties :/ » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2009 04:37:47 PM »

eee!!!  yay!! you're welcome!  So glad you love everything!   Although, I wouldn't say I'm the "queen of fiber" I do love making felt cases.  And in general playing with wool.  Cheesy

LOL  @ the box. I got that box with a can of formula in it as a sample.  It just so happened to be the right size.  But I thought it might throw you off just a bit.  I fully endorse breastfeeding though, but if formula is necesary, for whatever reason, then c'est la vie.  That's supposed to be a good formula.

Oh, and did the boring mug make it in one piece?  Things didn't work out as planned, I was gonna buy you a piece of canadiana (a Tim Hortons mug) but was unable to get there due to the stinking bed rest.... But if the mug broke, then all the better I didn't send a fancy tims mug....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2009 05:22:12 PM »

I totally forgot to take a picture of the mug- I stuck it in the dishwasher and haven't unloaded it yet! It's not boring- it's a blank canvas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2009 05:34:27 PM »

Grin  It most definitly is a blank canvas!  If you paint it up I'd love to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookshowbaby77
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2009 05:49:55 PM »

Awesome monster mittens and Home Sweet Home embroidery!

Here are the goodies I received from fatewineroses - she spoiled me:

First, the awesome Houdini themed packaging - the back of the envelope is a big photo of his face...the postal worker looked perplexed when she brought it out to me:

Wonderful handmade dreamcatcher:

My goodies were wrapped in a Big Bird washcloth (for bird baths), and a lovely London tea towel from fatewineroses' gradmother's collection (!):

She also sent some vintage buttons, and included buttons off of her Marine Corps uniform (!) I feel so honored that she thought to include such personal items in our swap:

She made this adorable felt pincushion, which I love:

...and a felt brooch, which is a mini version of the felt sculpture she made for me in a private swap. I have been wearing this guy out & about:

She made two Awesome-super-fantastic Christmas ornaments that fit my style exactly, an Etch-a-Sketch and a (Barrel O') Monkey:

Some fun extras - a polar bear envelop full of Animals A to Z ephemera! And, my husband has claimed the wind up robot that shakes his moneymaker:

You would think all that was more than enough...but, then I got to the final package. She made this wonderful art piece, handcolored and embroidered. I collect dolls, and especially love Blythe dolls...so she created Our Blythe of Guadalupe. Words can not describe - I adore this. I cannot wait to find the perfect frame so I can display her...she is so fabulous, behold:

...and a close up of the Elvis-inspired angel:

Thank you so much, fatewineroses! I truly love EVERYTHING!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2009 08:29:35 AM »

Awesome Etch-A-Sketch ornament! I love it Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Affordable Bo Ssam Recipe
Weeknight Beef Stir Fry Recipe
How to Make Naan Flat Bread
How to Make Biryani
How to Make Aloo Gobhi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...