So here's a gift my preschooler is making for her Grandmas/Aunties/Teachers. Just a little adult prep needed to help make it smooth (Steps 1 and 2).
Pics Here: (haven't earned my stripes
Project Materials (most from the dollar store!)
* Landfill Bound CD
* Votive Candle
* Jingle Bells
* Sparkle Balls (foam balls w/glitter)
* Felt "Foot"
1. Cut garland into appx 1" "tufts" Note: be sure to continually be twisting garland, so wires are twisted tighter and don't come apart as you are cutting.
2. Make glitter balls (dip in glue, then in glitter), or use mini ornaments from dollar store
3. Attach felt "foot" to center of labeled side of CD
4. Glue garland tufts to shiny side of CD, leaving center clear for the votive
5. Glue jingle bells, glitter balls, candy, or other items to garland tufts
6. Let dry, add candle and voila!
I also considered doing one of various "nature" items!http://