A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Record purse **made from actual record - NOT the sleeve** you'll want one!!!!  (Read 35858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beadgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

ndnchick

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2005 02:31:14 AM »

I LOVE this!  I want to make one with a zipper!  Grin

Now if I only had the time.................LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mactabilisdemens

Everyone needs to rent a kitten.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2005 10:03:55 PM »

I've been making these forever, but since I never leave the clothing forum, I hadn't seen the thread!
On my first one, I heated up an exacto and cut slits into it so that I could use pretty ribbon instead. However, it took me 3 hours to cut all the slits. Now when I make mine, I use a tiny bit in a power drill. It seems scary at first, but when you get the hang of it, it's super easy and fast. In fact I started and finished one today. On my sides, the straps run through a loop, so that when picked up it scrunches the sides together and I don't loose anything. Then when you let go, it opens right up again! My next conquest is a zippered record bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arthurkisses

theres sweaty people everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2005 11:04:47 PM »

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg... i cannot believe i came apon something this... this... this... UBELIEVABLE AWSUM!!!!
i swear on my heart, ive never seen a purse this cute, and i own 42 purses, no lie! (but hey, everyone needs a 'thing'. some poeple its shoes, others its shirts, me... its purses <3)
anyway, im definetly making one. FO SHO!

oh, and mrs_mojo_risin ... i hope you dont mind but i stole your little video there, since i couldnt stop staring at it with absolute undying love.

lol thank you so much for showing me something that everyone in my little beach town in socali will absolutly DIE over!!!
xoxo elle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But no one cares about the mental health of the children, do they?

" 'You're only a rebel from the waist downwards.' he told her.
She thought this brilliantly witty and flung her arms round him in delight."
weaselfeet
Wretched arthritis seems to be starting - unless you can get carpal tunnel symptoms in your fingers.

Can I PLEASE take it with me?

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2005 06:40:44 PM »

I just have to try this. I have STACKS of records and no turntable!

Get a turntable...don't destroy ALL of your records. I just snagged 4 billy joel LPs from the flea market in Napanoch for $8. Pretty nifty. Now I just have to replace the cords on my stereo system so that the speakers will be connected (damn field mice) so I can play them. I love Billy Joel, and I love vinyl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the fight between you and the world, back the world. ~ Frank Zappa

How can I phrase this diplomatically without a lawsuit coming... ah screw it. ~Stein
cait7421
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2005 01:06:45 PM »

oh my gosh. that purse is AWESOME.

i tried to make one a couple of weeks ago and sadly it didn't turn out as nice as yours but im pretty proud of it.

thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make something everyone will call a statement, but you'll just call it a random thursday
A Tragic Disco
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2005 11:08:45 AM »

oh yea. DEFINATELY making one. Thats amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Tragic Disco
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2005 12:19:05 PM »

Oh my god. I don't listen to records or carry purses.. but I want one. I think I might try this with some old school punk records. What would I put in it? oh my oh my..

nothing beats the sound of vinyl. I don't care if CD's have more clarity, the sound of music on vinyl makes my heart go a-flutter.
and you should definitely try carrying a purse. I don't necesarily NEED to carry a purse, I just do because of all the unique purses that I can buy and make. They are such a wonderful accessory, especially when you have unique ones. Why just today I went to ACE hardware and was only in there for about 7 minutes total (i needed some ribbon) and I got 5 compliments on my record purse.
You could carry money in it. Or tampons. Sometimes I put random things in my purse if I have nothing to carry just so it will have something in it so i can carry it. I go crazy for purses Smiley

haha, that sounds like me. I collect purses without even realizing it..I must have upwards of 50 now. Just because I'll find really unique ones and I either HAFTA have them..or if they're too expensive I'll find a way to make it. My friend always makes fun of me because I almost always have a different purse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indie_eyeliner
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2005 12:26:18 PM »

that is the coolest thing ever!!!! i'm going to go to goodwill and get a bunch of records so i can make an awesome purse like that!!! you're my hero! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ataindre
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2005 01:08:05 PM »

that is really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ironic
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2005 04:55:52 PM »

would it work to make a smaller one out of a cd...kinda like to add a mini one to hook on 2 my back pack.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Good Green Screens for Under a Dollar
How to Round-Trip From FCP to Shake - Final Cut Pro 6
How to Create an Animated Logo - Motion 3
How to Do Advanced Compositing - Shake 4.1
How to Do Advanced Tracking - Shake 4.1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...