A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,798
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking For Pattern? Ask here!  (Read 12547 times)
Tags for this thread: technicolor_dreamcoat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BenRosey
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012 07:15:50 AM »

My site http://www.patternlinks.com may help with finding some patterns.  It's a free knitting and crochet pattern search engine.  It makes finding patterns a bit easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my free knitting and crochet search engine with pictures: http://www.patternlinks.com
MinnieMay9
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012 09:51:29 AM »

I need some super-help finding this pattern.
Here is the whole story: I was looking around at random patterns and going to people's pages randomly.  I found a page that after scrolling down a bit, had the perfect pattern I was looking for.  It was a pair of fingerless gloves/mitts that start a bit plainly with a 1x1 rib with a simple cable in one section.  It then goes on to have a semi-lacey rotating rib for the arm/hand with the simple cable continuing up it.  It was shown in a cream/off white color.
I tried to add it to my bookmarks but my computer was being weird.  I told it to save my tabs so I could try again after restarting the computer.  I restarted and opened my browser again and it opened old tabs, none of which had the pattern or the main page from where I found it.
I scrolled through my history, but I couldn't find it there either.
I'm hoping someone could help me find it again!  The webpage had patterns listed in both English and Japanese.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012 09:55:55 AM by MinnieMay9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, use more glue!

Look Ma, I'm on Ravelry!
Feel free to check out my Etsy shop.

Creative for Charity ~My Charity Blog
dfabbric
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012 06:43:26 PM »

I'm looking for Knitting Machine patterns for a standard machine. Any really that aren't from the 80's. Any I find seem to be extremely dated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Felthings
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012 12:18:36 PM »

Hello I need helping finding a chart like this>  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Knitted-Pink-Panda-Jumper-Very-80s-Size-Small-medium-/280827982075?pt=UK_Women_s_Jumpers_Cardigans&hash=item4162a6f0fb
I love the panda and would of bidded if it was in my size. I am useless with making chart and hoping some one knows this chart or how to make it.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012 02:59:11 PM »

I don't have a ready made chart, but if you find a piece of clipart with a panda you like you can use this site to make a chart for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ekitten
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012 04:37:43 AM »

I want to make a movie clapboard throw. I figured I could use a cross-stitch pattern for the chart, but I am having trouble finding one.

Has anyone come across a pattern like that? Even if it isn't a free pattern or is from a book.

Also, I haven't done color work of any kind. Could someone recommend the technique I should use for a throw?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012 08:58:31 PM by ekitten » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Neztik
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2012 11:45:04 PM »

Hi I want to knit Gonnigan's sweater for my son.  He is a character in Abby's flying fairy school on Sesame Street.  It is a orange hooded striped sweater. You can see a picture of him here: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091117171308/muppet/images/2/24/Gonnigan.jpg  Any help would really be appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ekitten
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012 07:09:36 AM »

Neztik,  I went looking for a sweater pattern for you on ravelry.com. It is a wonderful free site for knitters and crocheters. I love their pattern search engine. Anyway, I searched for keyword 'hood' among the sweaters for patterns in toddler & child sizes. I found a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn for a hooded pullover sweater. (You'll have to sign up with Lion Brand to view the pattern.)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80748AD.html?noImages=
Here is a picture.
http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/dancingbarefoot/22072199/80748ada_medium.jpg
 This project is rated as easy by Lion Brand and is knit flat except for the faux tie. It includes sizes from 24 months to Adult 3x and is knit with Aran weight yarn. There are no instructions for doing stripes, but, if you google 'knit stripe' there are a lot of articles and tutorials to help you.
When I searched ravelry there were 7 pages of patterns; so many options. You might find some better patterns by searching with different selections. I hope this helps. Good Luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012 09:44:15 AM »

I'm getting married next summer and fell heads over heels in love with this dress:

(click on image for close-up)

Anyone know where I can get a pattern similar to this - or at least a sewing pattern for the dress style?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012 10:29:23 AM by Geniale » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
Tephra
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012 10:31:50 AM »

Anyone know where I can get a pattern similar to this - or at least a sewing pattern for the dress style?

Thanks in advance!

How adventurous are you when it comes to knitting without a pattern/adapting patterns?

Here's what I'd do to make a dress like that:

Knit a short decorative neck band (knit flat), then work a top down raglan cardigan (the opening will be the center back and the band will close with a few pretty little buttons) with cap sleeves. You might end up joining the center back about the same time you would bind off the cap sleeves so there might be a point where you are working the front and two backs rather than the front and a back.

Once you have everything joined back together and are working in the round again continue knitting plain until it's just under your bust.

Now pick a pretty doily pattern with 8 repeats in a round. Start working the doily pattern at whatever round corresponds to the point where 4 or 6 repeats matches your stitch count (you'll likely have to fiddle with that a bit, increasing a few stitches to make it work). How many repeats to use is a matter of how flared you want your skirt, the lace will show up more with less repeats since it won't be falling in deep folds. The photo you found looks like 4 repeats.

Depending on the doily pattern you pick you might want to "blend" the lace into the plain knit bodice, but if you pick one with a fairly solid leaf/flower center it should blend into the solid bodice without any effort.

The under dress looks like a fairly basic strapless dress, check out the major pattern publishers for prom/wedding dress patterns. You'll want something with a full skirt so you can wear tulle/crinoline under it and have it spread the lace over skirt out to display the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Christmas Gourd Santa
How to Craft a Button Brooch
How to Craft Duct Tape Fabric
How to Craft Apple Balloons
How to Craft Duct Tape Flip-Flops
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...