A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can't we all just get along?  (Read 3612 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009 03:02:03 AM »

a little note about negativity, its inevitable. no one gets along with everyone all of the time...and sometimes we need to be reminded to behave by the very necessary mods (i got into a HUGE thingy on another site and the worst part was there were no Mods, which was the core of the problem)

also, even people disagreeing today can end up good friends....me and bsonlytoots werent exactly awesome to each other the first time we *met* but now she is one of my closest online friends Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Lunamione
Spirit of the West

Y'know where steel wool comes from? Robot sheep!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009 11:42:18 AM »

I think Crafster, compared to alot of other places I have been recently, is the friendliest place I have ever been online. I think it has a lot to do with the Mods here personally because they actually do their job. They delete nasty posts and keep everyone in line and everything running smoothly. Alot of other sites I have been on the mods have been half the problem, taking sides and joining in with the arguing or worse, just ignoring it alltogether! I love how the rules (for the most part) are actually followed here.

I've only really had one major problem and that was with a swap I was organising. I had to move house and lost internet for longer than I was expecting and everyone thought I was flaking Sad I opened my inbox to find all these messages (none of them mean) saying if I didn't show up soon I would get negative feedback and they would start finding Angels, which is fair enough but I did get a bit overwhelmed and felt upset that people thought I was a flaker. It all got sorted and no harm done Smiley

I also specifically asked not to be paired with someone from a past swap, I emailed the organiser privately. The person in question had never been nasty/rude or anything like that towards me but I knew from reading some of her posts that we had different views about things which could potentially become a problem in a long international swap so I just politely asked to be paired with someone else.

And of course I've been flaked on which is always heart breaking but then you get a wonderful Angel to make up for it. Angels really don't get much in return, they just do it because they are nice people.

So I think that even though there may be some rotten eggs, Crafster is definitely one of the friendlyest, safest places you can be online  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The stage is waiting. The audience thirsts for adventure. Who am I? I could be anyone. -- Rango

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009 08:02:21 PM »

I so agree with you on that one. I am needing angels more than I would like and it is really hard to really thank those who are so kind.

I love this place and have never had a real flame. Thank goodness for craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009 09:36:38 AM »

Yes I think that there may be a little extra snippiness around, but I think it is the holidays/money...aikibookworm explained it well above.

but I just want to throw my 2 cents in (or 2 cent as we say in europe, there is a reason we dont add the 's' but I cant remember why!)

I think the mods do a fantastic job, I have seen time and time again the mods stepping in and heading off arguments, pouring oil on troubled waters and generally reminding people to play nice. And its all the mods, not just the same one or two. they are really good at what they do! and it shows, craftster is a nice place to be
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Manhattan Brunch
How to Make the Perfect Hot Dogs
How to Make a Cowboy Style Burger
Macaroni and Cheese with Roasted Peppers
How to Make Bratwurst and Midwest Coneys
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...