A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Northern Ireland Craft Fairs  (Read 8957 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bracelet_girl
« on: April 22, 2005 12:09:46 PM »

Is there anyone else here from Northern Ireland?  Cheesy And if there is, does anyone know of any craft-fairs coming up?

I've tried searching online and have asked people but i'm having no luck   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
lorraine_anthony1
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005 02:41:07 AM »

oooohhhhh, im from NI! need help finding cool fabric shops too. also cool thrift shops would be nice! where in NI are you? Im in Omagh, so far i know of a cool shop in L'Derry (down the street where you walk out of the richmond centre), theres a good shop in Carrickfergus somewhere where my aunt gets her dressmaking supplies and then the spinning wheel in belfast! Not forgetting Craft World!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bracelet_girl
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005 05:23:46 AM »

oooohhhhh, im from NI! need help finding cool fabric shops too. also cool thrift shops would be nice! where in NI are you? Im in Omagh, so far i know of a cool shop in L'Derry (down the street where you walk out of the richmond centre), theres a good shop in Carrickfergus somewhere where my aunt gets her dressmaking supplies and then the spinning wheel in belfast! Not forgetting Craft World!

Yaay another N.I person! I'm in Carrickfergus! I know what fabric shop you mean, the one out at the factory. It's really good, you can find other crafty materials there too!
Craft world is great for stuff too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My DeviantArt page
My Livejournal

I do personal swaps, themed or random. Smiley pm me if you are interested!
ninja_monkey

cake or death ?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005 02:02:31 PM »

Hey, glad to see more NI people ! i'm in Belfast, not sure if this would help but the Rusty Zip in Botanic here is a great place for thrift store clothes, and if you fancy early friday mornings  Wink St Georges  market is a great place for bargains.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keepin It Kitsch
lorraine_anthony1
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005 02:28:40 AM »

gonna have to check out St Georges. Im living in belfast from later this month, so WOO! im so sick of not having any crafty shops near me! i drove everywhere in town last week, looking for wool and needles, and couldnt find any! nightmare!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlet
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005 05:55:41 AM »

I'm Norther Irish (from Co. Armagh) but now living in Southampton,

I know that the National Trust are always doing craft fairs in places like, Castle Ward in Strangford etc, and you can get involved in those...

With regard to places to buy stuff i always used to do the charity shops on Botanic avenue for wool and knitting needles etc.  I found that some of them actually would keep the wool aside for you if you promised a regular collection date and regular business. Most had old ladies who were very helpful.

Hope this helps!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlet
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005 05:58:16 AM »

Yaay another N.I person! I'm in Carrickfergus! I know what fabric shop you mean, the one out at the factory. It's really good, you can find other crafty materials there too!
Craft world is great for stuff too.

I know the shop you mean too and my mum makes clothes all the time and that (and spinning wheel) are the only places she will go!  We once drove to Carrickfergus in the snow for two hours to get fabric!  Mum is a passionate lady!

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lorraine_anthony1
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005 12:11:59 PM »

goolies, the amount of money i gave craftworld today for my bro's halloween costume materials was awful....*sob* BUT-well worth it to see him prance through the streets of belfast in an emu costume......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninja_monkey

cake or death ?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005 01:02:07 PM »

hehe i'd ike to see that  Cheesy i dont try at halloween every year i'm a pirate or a fairy, without fail. i wish i was more adventurous. craftworld own me but they have so many shiny things......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keepin It Kitsch
catastrafi
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007 04:05:17 AM »

Im guessing you're not asking about shops. im From belfast, looking for craft fairs to sell at too.

Theres a few Christmas ones on the way, One in lorne house (guiding, google it) i might go to that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Manage Colors in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Customize Menus and Shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Customize the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Workspace
How to Customize the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Interfaces
How to Customize the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Preferences
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...