A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Organizing wall hangers and wall decorations for my son  (Read 1088 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Spiffyhink
« on: November 19, 2009 10:41:27 PM »

We live in a cheap apartment, so our walls are pretty boring. Thus, I've been looking for ways to make them less depressing. The first two things here are also functional, though: I needed a way to store papers (I've already got enough corkboards already), and display my rubber stamps. I took two rectangles of cardboard (actually the sides of a box that we bought diapers in), and ripped some strips of cloth from my stash. Then I wrapped the cloth around the cardboard and stapled it in the back. Pretty and functional! For the stamp-holder I covered the cardboard in one piece of fabric, stapled it in the back, and then wrapped it with a big translucent ribbon. I added tacks at the bottom of each loop to keep things from falling out. I was surprised at how much it held!

And down below is a wall hanging I did for my 5 month old son's room. I really like the way it turned out, even though I only added acrylic paint to what I had bought at the craft store. He doesn't pay it much attention yet, but I hope he likes it when he gets older!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

xperimentl
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009 08:20:54 AM »

Those organizers are a great idea.  I love stuff you can make out of things you already have on hand.  I could see making one to hold my craft store coupons or even making one with holiday fabric to hold Christmas cards.  Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
Spiffyhink
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009 10:23:36 AM »

Thanks! They're actually modified from an idea I got from Martha Stewart, but the original used ribbons and wasn't as thrifty. This was a great way to go through my ridiculously large fabric stash. I love your ideas, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xmoonbloom
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009 12:56:51 PM »

What a great idea. It's a nice design, clean, doesn't take up much space, and it's highly functional.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Debating the Real Meaning of "Moby Dick"
Fan Fiction Vs Copyright
Katie Kitamura on Her Novel Gone to the Forest
Kristin Harmel on Writing The Sweetness of Forgetting
Kristin Harmel on Her Inspiration For The Sweetness of Forgetting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...