A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: jewellery scrapbook  (Read 1201 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kirastorm
storms of creativity

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2009 01:48:37 PM »

i have been asked to do a beading workshop at the local MFRC. i'm totally stoked, and they asked if i could bring in some of the stuff i make to put in a display. so i whipped up two tiny display boards to show off two variations of the pendent i'll be teaching people how to make, but i couldn't figure out what else to take in. i had so many shiny awesome things.

then i got this chipboard book at the dollar store, its 10 x 10 inches, and has 20 pages. i thought i could turn into into a scrapbook for some memorial pictures i took. but inspiration struck and i realised i could fill it with pictures of the jewellery i make, and then i could display 40 to 50 peices in the amount of space two would take. i may have actually gone "OH YEAH AWESOME!!" as i had this realization.

the cover. so simple. plus i literally got all the papers, tools and embelleshments for the whole book at the dollarstore.

page one.

these are my favorite pages, hands down. black and white and grey on the left, and black and white and goldy/brown on the right. its really simple, but it just filled me with glee

the way i put the images in fills me with glee. the top pictures both have pendents that point inwards, and the bottom pictures both have pendents that point outward. and i actually didn't notice it until afterwards, when i was showing my husband the finished product.

the whole thing is really simple, i just used the blank pages that the book came with and kept the pages minimal so that the images which tend to be busy and full of color could really draw the eyes. it was a fantastically cheap scrapping product to do as i literally got all the papers, tools and embelleshments for the whole book at the dollarstore. i printed the photos with my photo printer thingy which is supposed to be cheap but it goes through a full ink cartrage when it prints 45 photos though, so... instead of the .10 cents a picture it advertised as, it runs me 80 cents per photo once i figure in the photo paper. (i can buy cheaper photo paper, but its not as good quality, and sometimes the ink bleeds through)

i got half a billion compliments on the book and the jewelery when i dropped it all off. so i'm pretty pleased with it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

living with an inferno doesn't mean it has to swallow you whole, you just have to know when to feed the flames.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=38663
crafty_one

Home is where the Nintendo is

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009 09:21:18 PM »

OMG I love it. It is so simple yet very effective!! Your jewellery looks awesome too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vernavoo
Coupon Queen and Scrapbooker Extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009 08:18:21 PM »

Good job! The photos are wonderful and you've got some awesome creations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Products To Keep You Smelling & Looking Radiant As You Travel
Twiggy Inspired Sixties Makeup Tutorial
Top 5 Summer Lipsticks
How to Make Matte Nail Polish
How To Make 3 At-Home Cellulite Remedies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...