A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: KatAutumn's ATCs (Pleasantly Image Plump)  (Read 1437 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2009 11:59:00 AM »

I'm finally starting my own ATC gallery here. I've been makign ATCs since 2006 and I had not made any in quite some time prior to joining the November Ongoing ATC swap. I'd almost forgotten how much fun they are to make. Almost all of my cards are sent out. I think I only have four I've made for myself, which have been placed in my altered journal. I'll update this OP as I create more cards. I actually sent a Raven theme card today to spookygrrrly that I'm eager to post (but won't just yet, because I don't want to spoil the surprise Smiley ) because it turned out just the way I wanted it to.

Without further ado, here are my ATCs. I hope you enjoy. I always welcome comments and critique.

This first one is a Craftster themed ATC I made for audio-astrophysics. It's inspired by one of the Craftster logos with the little cork figure. I used a self-adhesive cork sheet:

The next one was a Posture themed ATC for Prettyinpaisley:

This one was a Christmas themed ATC for MissDisney. I made a slide out insert with a snowglobe. I drew a tree and painted over it with Sparkle Podge to make it look like iridescent "snow" and then covered it with a piece of acetate to look like glass. The snowflakes are eyelets and the picture was cut from a vintage craft magazine:

This was a Gingerbread Man theme card I made for LindaP. I was inspired by the children's story book of the Gingerbread Man:

This picture is shamefully crooked, but it's a Mandalas themed ATC I made for Oyhana. I saved a mandala coloring page from the internet and sized it for an ATC. I then hand colored it using Berol Prismacolor pencils:

This was a Dungeons & Dragons themed card I made for Corduroy Cat. I used packing tape to ghost the image of a frame from the infamous "Dark Dungeons" Jack Chick Gospel tract. I then painted the tape with alcohol inks. I used a spare D&D quick start playing guide to cut out the d20 and other images. The Kobold Zombie came from one of my many D&D cards:

This is one I made for my art journal. I used alcohol inks and a black stamp ink pad for the background. Then I glued a picture from my "Architecture" ATC paper pad:

This one is a Knitting Themed ATC I made for spookygrrrly. I clipped a piece from a knitting pattern I found in one of my magazines. I also clipped a part from a Clover Knit Lite knitting needle ad and a yarn ad. I then knit a tiny swatch out of Noro Kureyon Sock and used 1/18" brads to fasten it to the card:

The following card is NSFW! It is a June Palmer themed ATC I made for raeraethejetplane. June Palmer was a nude model in the 1960s. I found a beautiful B&W photo of her online and used that. I used silver gel pen and rhinestone stickers to create the "frame". I used a thin, shiny, iridescent scrapbook paper and cut out random triangles to make the background. I love this card, so I wanted to include it in my post Smiley

to change your image viewing settings please click here
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009 12:00:26 PM by KatAutumn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
acrosstheuniverse
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009 04:05:22 AM »

Cool work, a great, and really diverse set of ATC's.
Plenty of ideas to steal from you sorry, inspired by you, that I can use re your multi-media effects  Wink
Love the June Palmer and Gingerbread man

THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009 03:51:59 AM »

I hadn't noticed the bit about Magic Missile on your D&D card until now. LOL! I love all your cards and the one you sent me is a treasure. I'm glad you are having fun Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spicyvegetarian
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010 01:02:53 PM »

Love the knitting one the most!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010 07:17:44 AM »

These are awesome. My faves are the gingerbread man and the knitting one.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010 05:48:20 PM »

They are great! I love the Craftster theme one - too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...