A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scarf pattern?  (Read 432 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sari_clark
« on: November 22, 2009 02:01:09 AM »

So, I've never knitted once in my short life but I figure I might as well start now, right? I've been trying to learn most things from online and though it's confusing I think I'm understanding it. I figure my first project should be something I want and will (hopefully) enjoy making. So, I want to make a Slytherin P(S)S/CoS scarf. Probably not the best choice for a first time project but sadly that's the only thing I really want (and need) at the moment. Thing is, I can only find the pattern for making one with circle needles and I don't recall seeing one in any of the craft stores in my area. Though to be honest I wasn't really looking.

Basically, can anyone give me a knitting pattern for a PS/CoS scarf that doesn't require circle needles?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lolaforpresident
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009 12:54:46 PM »

Maybe if you could post a pattern someone could adapt it to straight needles for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009 01:02:17 PM »

Take the pattern you saw and instead of knitting in the round, just knit flat in rows and seam up. It's probably stockinette, so instead of knit every row, you'd alternate, knit a row, purl a row. Or you might be able to do it in the round on straight needles by double knitting. CO an even number of sts, then k1, slip1 across the row. Turn and do the same on the other row. You knit the sts you slip on the previous row, and slip the ones you knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
sari_clark
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009 06:26:14 PM »

Thanks to both of you but fortunately I found the right needles at JoAnns online store. Hopefully I'll be able to get over to the actual store sometime soon. Now all I have to do is find the right color yarn and figure how much I'm gonna need. Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Carve a Thanksgiving Turkey
How to Make Catfish Po-Boy Sandwich
How to Make Shrimp Po Boy
How to Make Pork Chops with Glazed Apples - Fix my Recipe
How to Make Blueberry Pie - Fix my Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...