A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,057
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FaB of Holiday Gifts Round 2 Gallery  (Read 7319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

imafundork
« on: November 18, 2009 09:46:08 AM »

Original Thread

SENT
RECEIVED
SENT AND RECEIVED
CONTACT ORGANIZER IMMEDIATELY
FEEDBACK GIVEN

jennyleigh<->Disco Queen Highness
edie22<-> nikimac
Sezouli<-> happykat
urnokey2myhart <-> princessblueberrynancy01602 <-> Shelina
Casey1201 <->GroovyMaryDesigns
gammykatie <->rednightsky86
luckdragon <->imafundork
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009 06:45:37 PM by imafundork » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009 06:51:48 AM »

I received a FANTABULOUS package yesterday from DiscoQueenHighness.  She was very generous with her gifts and talents.  You would be blessed to have her as a partner in future swaps.  I would be her partner again in a heartbeat.

The unopened package:

Sewing accessories (stackable containers, embroidery scissors, sewing machine maintenance kit) and a candle:

Crochet hook roll, gingerbread ornaments, stocking, sleep mask and dog poo bag holder (genius!):

Crocheted market bags:

Necklace and bracelets:

Homemade plum jelly/preserves:

Advent calendar:

Advent calendar close-up:

Doggie coat modeled by Max the Westie.  It is a perfect fit:

Thank you, DiscoQueenHighess!  I love everything and so appreciate all your efforts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009 06:55:29 AM »

What a great start to the gallery!  Your puppy looks adorable in his little coat!  And I love the advent calendar!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009 08:03:06 PM »

Yay, jennyleigh, I'm so happy you like everything.  I was hoping that the dog coat would fit.  It really pops against Max's white fur.  My friends were trying to nab your gingerbread ornaments, but I managed to fight them off and return them to your box.  I wasn't sure if you needed the sewing machine maintenance kit, but thought if you didn't, the container was dang cute, either way. 

Happy Thanksgiving & early Merry Christmas to you and your family.  I thoroughly enjoyed crafting for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
imafundork
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009 10:25:46 AM »

Great start to the gallery!  Max is adorable in his new coat!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
jennyleigh

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009 03:06:11 PM »

We tell Max all the time it's a good thing he's cute, or he'd be dead (laughingly, of course).  If you've ever owned or known a Westie, I'm sure you can relate.  They have a mind all their own, and it's usually contrary to what I have on my mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
classicseamstress
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009 10:21:43 AM »

Awww - your dog is so precious and well dressed.  I love the advent calendar - great idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009 06:55:42 PM »

I came home from my shopping trip to JoAnn's today to find a completely amazing box from jennyleigh.  My husband agrees that my girls and I were completely spoiled. 

First here are the pile of the girls goodies...
Sara's goodies... an amazing Washington Huskies mohawk hat, makeup bag & lip gloss, altered composition book, matching giant paperclip & RSVP pen and finally the white minky pillowcase.

Katie's goodies...a fantastic Seattle Seahawks (Seattle Mariners & Seattle Sounders) mohawk hat, tote/necklace with lip gloss, matching composition composition book, giant paperclip & RSVP pen and an amazing white minky pillowcase.

Here are the happy faces and their goodies...
Sara and her loot.  She got tons of complements from shoppers at our local hardware store today.  Tomorrow is the Apple Cup and everyone's chosen sides.

Katie and her loot

And lets not forget all of the amazing things she sent for me...
Here we have 2 shopping bags (the brown one is rolled up nice and neatly at the top right of the pic), a hipster/wristlet/tote (straight off of my wist) with chapstick, and  an altered notebook with matching pen .

Next is a fantastic set of completely mismatched placemats.

Jennyleigh, your letter was too funny.  Jenny told me these placemats were almost painful for her to make, because they are mismatched.  So if the girls ever decide to match up the placemats on the table they can flip them over to this side.  This is how jennyleigh settled her need to match.  Her mom had to laugh at this.  Im not sure if Jennys mom was laughing at me and the mismatched request or jennys angst over the mismatch.  I love it either way.

Here is my wonderful mobius cowl in an absolutely beautiful shade of brown.  It matches my spiffy Christmas decorating Santa hat.

And here is all of my loot together.  The only thing that hadnt made it in a previous pic is a wonderful tin of tea and a cute set of wigglie eyed glittered magnets (from my wist) located in the top right of the pic. It was all I could do to get the first pics of the girls and their goods, so this one is my wonderfulness.

Jenny, thank you so much for being an amazing swap partner.  My girls were shocked you knew so much about them and everything perfectly matched their personalities.  You knocked everything out of the park for all 3 of us.  Sara told me I should have kept everything for Christmas presents for them because it was all so amazing.  Thank you so, so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
jennyleigh

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009 07:05:03 PM »

I can breathe a sigh of relief, because I was so nervous about whether I got everything "right."  I am thrilled you are pleased with everything, and I had such fun crafting for you and your girls.  I hope the mohawks made the trip okay.  They may need a bit of fluffing.

As for my mother, she was laughing at ME, because I am totally and completely anal about matching, and I am learning to not be so uptight about it.  Your placemats were great therapy.   Wink

This was a fun swap, and I had a great partner -- both for giving to and receiving from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009 01:27:30 PM »

another great package!  I love the mismatched placemats...awesome idea!  and the mohawk hats are too fun! Smiley

My DCN says that imafundork's package has arrived in her city, so hopefully, she will be receiving today!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Back-to-School Style Inspiration
How to Wear Vintage Designer Finds
Style Inspired by Olivia Palermo
Style Inspired by Gwyneth Platrow
Maura Lynch Shows off Her Perfect Outfit
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...