A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 43 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easy breezy apron  (Read 33386 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

evenstar
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004 04:17:11 PM »

Yup, you caught me. I used to avoid Wal-Mart, but I read on craftster about them having good, cheap fabric, so I sneak in now and then. It still gives me the heebies-jeebies with its largeness.

I LOVE going there for the fabric. It's like a hidden secret... most people I talk to never think of going to Walmart for fabric, but it's so cheap there, because they obviously don't need to charge high prices for them.

It's like finding gold when you find good CHEAP fabric too! The funny thing I noticed is that the fabric pricing is really inconsistent. I remember going to one Walmart that had this green fabric for $4/yrd and I went to another one a few days later and it was only $2/yrd! I don't think it's necessarily a markdown, because the price looked "permenant" if you know what I mean.

But so far, my two best scores there is this stretchy demin fabric and gray pinstripe fabric for $2/yrd! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004 04:55:11 PM »

soooo cute, I think I will make one to replace my crusty apron from New Orleans
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimmiecarlson
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004 07:36:25 PM »

ha! I was really cracking up when I saw this one because I have the same exact bandana too! Smiley But I was planning on using it for a lining in a purse!
Wal-mart is definitely great for fabric sometimes. They always have shelves for $2 and $3/yard fabrics - can't beat that! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lemonfizz.com
eventually : )
meli-melo
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004 09:53:30 PM »

I have bought many cool bandanas and scarfs at Value Village here in Canada.  I think maybe I should make some into aprons.  Also, I have a cool pillow case that I am no longer using that would work too - very kitchy.  Not that I needed more craft ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004 10:23:50 PM »

I just got some Cat in the Hat (storybook look- not movie) and 7 Dwarves print for $1/yd!  I love 'em and plan on making some pillows.

Helpful hint:  Check to see if your WM has rolled-up remnents.  Usually there is a small flaw or bit of some stain on it, you can unroll it to double check.   Most of the time its the end of a bolt, or even returned fabrics!!  I've gotten like, 4 different prints from there with enough fabric to make 4 memory boards!  

Oh!  And I bought 2 of the orange flower/tropical/camo print bandananas for some project.  At $1/ bandanana, it cannot be beat!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004 10:27:02 PM by StarFire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
BadKittyUSA33

I'm a kitty!!! A BAD ONE!!! meow...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2004 06:40:15 AM »

that has got to be the cutest apron i have ever seen! i absolutely luv it and the print on the fabric is awesome! great job!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.' ).')     
.*  MOLLYWOOD!!!!!  * .      
(. '(.'**`'.)`'.)   Rock on!
elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2004 12:11:20 PM »

i found this kind of vintage looking fabric at my wal-mart for $1/yrd!!!!! i was so happy, and i actually got it to make another apron out of! ironic... oh well, Hobby Lobby also has little bandanas like that for like 50 cents or something, i've always needed something cool to do with them, i have a ton, b/c they're too cool to not buy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
sporky
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2004 05:01:20 PM »

Yup, you caught me. I used to avoid Wal-Mart, but I read on craftster about them having good, cheap fabric, so I sneak in now and then. It still gives me the heebies-jeebies with its largeness.

I LOVE going there for the fabric. It's like a hidden secret... most people I talk to never think of going to Walmart for fabric, but it's so cheap there, because they obviously don't need to charge high prices for them.

It's like finding gold when you find good CHEAP fabric too! The funny thing I noticed is that the fabric pricing is really inconsistent. I remember going to one Walmart that had this green fabric for $4/yrd and I went to another one a few days later and it was only $2/yrd! I don't think it's necessarily a markdown, because the price looked "permenant" if you know what I mean.

But so far, my two best scores there is this stretchy demin fabric and gray pinstripe fabric for $2/yrd! Cheesy

Also there should be racks where they cut the fabric where they'll have fabric cut into rolls of fabric cut into 1- 2 yards. The downside is sometimes it's damaged or stained. But i get some pretty ood deals from that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2004 11:29:39 PM »

Those are what I was talking about, Sporky!

The reminants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
cdyer
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004 02:37:20 PM »

I'm doin' it! I saw this tutorial the other day and it stuck in my mind. Low and behold, I was in Wally World today and I saw the bandanas-- I bought a few. I'm so excited-- birthday gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Salty Like Blood Book Trailer
Author Nathaniel Fick Talks About Being in a War
Duma Key Book Trailer by Stephen King
Mistaken Identity Book Trailer
Momma Loves Her Little Son Animation Video
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...