A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easy breezy apron  (Read 34194 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bonberri
« on: February 29, 2004 12:27:28 PM »

This is an easy superfast project. Take a bandanna and some bias tape...

Pin the bias tape along one edge of the apron, sew, and viola!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
homara
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004 03:41:45 PM »

i love the print on the apron....awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lara
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004 11:08:19 PM »

that's really nice i love the fabric. i have done this same apron actually, but i used a tea towel because it's a bit more practical to use in the kitchen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bonberri
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004 07:44:13 AM »

Thanks homara and Lara! You're right, Lara, the bandanna isn't the most practical for heavy apron duties, I guess it's more of a 'hostess apron'. Making a tea towel apron is on my list now, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lara
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004 08:01:16 AM »

if you're thinking to make a dish towel apron check out the link below, i made these and it's as easy as your apron design...

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=channel1138
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004 08:02:57 AM »

i am about to make one to wear while crafting. i might use my little bros ninga turtles pillow case from when he was little. i am going to put pockets on it so i can put things i dont want to drop on the floor in my pocket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jcis27
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004 09:37:00 AM »

*you could use two bandanas and have them tie on the sides and this way you could make it into a skirt.  or a weird top?  what an awesome idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evenstar
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004 07:19:03 PM »

Hey! that hankerchief is from Walmart! I alsmot bought it myself yesterday. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bonberri
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004 02:11:03 PM »

Hey! that hankerchief is from Walmart! I alsmot bought it myself yesterday. Smiley
Yup, you caught me. I used to avoid Wal-Mart, but I read on craftster about them having good, cheap fabric, so I sneak in now and then. It still gives me the heebies-jeebies with its largeness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daphne Descends

Blank page was all the rage.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004 04:13:58 AM »

What a great idea! So easy! Love the color too. ^_^
*keeps her eyes out at the thrift store for pretty scarves*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass... the refill contained the antidote.
evenstar
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004 04:17:11 PM »

Yup, you caught me. I used to avoid Wal-Mart, but I read on craftster about them having good, cheap fabric, so I sneak in now and then. It still gives me the heebies-jeebies with its largeness.

I LOVE going there for the fabric. It's like a hidden secret... most people I talk to never think of going to Walmart for fabric, but it's so cheap there, because they obviously don't need to charge high prices for them.

It's like finding gold when you find good CHEAP fabric too! The funny thing I noticed is that the fabric pricing is really inconsistent. I remember going to one Walmart that had this green fabric for $4/yrd and I went to another one a few days later and it was only $2/yrd! I don't think it's necessarily a markdown, because the price looked "permenant" if you know what I mean.

But so far, my two best scores there is this stretchy demin fabric and gray pinstripe fabric for $2/yrd! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004 04:55:11 PM »

soooo cute, I think I will make one to replace my crusty apron from New Orleans
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimmiecarlson
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004 07:36:25 PM »

ha! I was really cracking up when I saw this one because I have the same exact bandana too! Smiley But I was planning on using it for a lining in a purse!
Wal-mart is definitely great for fabric sometimes. They always have shelves for $2 and $3/yard fabrics - can't beat that! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lemonfizz.com
eventually : )
meli-melo
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004 09:53:30 PM »

I have bought many cool bandanas and scarfs at Value Village here in Canada.  I think maybe I should make some into aprons.  Also, I have a cool pillow case that I am no longer using that would work too - very kitchy.  Not that I needed more craft ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004 10:23:50 PM »

I just got some Cat in the Hat (storybook look- not movie) and 7 Dwarves print for $1/yd!  I love 'em and plan on making some pillows.

Helpful hint:  Check to see if your WM has rolled-up remnents.  Usually there is a small flaw or bit of some stain on it, you can unroll it to double check.   Most of the time its the end of a bolt, or even returned fabrics!!  I've gotten like, 4 different prints from there with enough fabric to make 4 memory boards!  

Oh!  And I bought 2 of the orange flower/tropical/camo print bandananas for some project.  At $1/ bandanana, it cannot be beat!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004 10:27:02 PM by StarFire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
BadKittyUSA33

I'm a kitty!!! A BAD ONE!!! meow...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2004 06:40:15 AM »

that has got to be the cutest apron i have ever seen! i absolutely luv it and the print on the fabric is awesome! great job!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.' ).')     
.*  MOLLYWOOD!!!!!  * .      
(. '(.'**`'.)`'.)   Rock on!
elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2004 12:11:20 PM »

i found this kind of vintage looking fabric at my wal-mart for $1/yrd!!!!! i was so happy, and i actually got it to make another apron out of! ironic... oh well, Hobby Lobby also has little bandanas like that for like 50 cents or something, i've always needed something cool to do with them, i have a ton, b/c they're too cool to not buy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
sporky
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2004 05:01:20 PM »

I LOVE going there for the fabric. It's like a hidden secret... most people I talk to never think of going to Walmart for fabric, but it's so cheap there, because they obviously don't need to charge high prices for them.

It's like finding gold when you find good CHEAP fabric too! The funny thing I noticed is that the fabric pricing is really inconsistent. I remember going to one Walmart that had this green fabric for $4/yrd and I went to another one a few days later and it was only $2/yrd! I don't think it's necessarily a markdown, because the price looked "permenant" if you know what I mean.

But so far, my two best scores there is this stretchy demin fabric and gray pinstripe fabric for $2/yrd! Cheesy

Also there should be racks where they cut the fabric where they'll have fabric cut into rolls of fabric cut into 1- 2 yards. The downside is sometimes it's damaged or stained. But i get some pretty ood deals from that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2004 11:29:39 PM »

Those are what I was talking about, Sporky!

The reminants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
cdyer
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004 02:37:20 PM »

I'm doin' it! I saw this tutorial the other day and it stuck in my mind. Low and behold, I was in Wally World today and I saw the bandanas-- I bought a few. I'm so excited-- birthday gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2004 01:24:12 PM »

teehee!!! i'm gonna do this for a church project! we have weekly activities, and they like to do "homemaking" things, but me and my friend always try to bring cool crafts into the mix, so they said we could do this!! last week we tried pillowcase skirts(the easiest thing EVER!!!!!) and people managed to screw it up, so hopefully this will go better!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
smash
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2004 03:25:48 PM »

When I saw the thumbnail of this image go up on the craftster main page, I clicked on it right away thinking, "I don't care what this project is, I love that pattern!"

I doubt I'll use them to make aprons, I made a special trip to Walmart for this bandana today on my lunch hour. I love it! I also got a red and blue one, and matching striped ones, too. What am I going to do with them? I'm thinking of turning them into a yoga bag, although making a bag would be much easier with one piece of fabric. But it's so pretty!

(God forbid I wear any of them as a bandana or scarf!)

Thanks so much for the idea and the tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rocka_mary
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2004 04:11:56 PM »

Very creative. Must try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomiqt
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004 10:55:54 AM »

He.. Hehe!  After I read this I went to Wal Mart and got the same exact bandanas!  Except they are blue and pink ones!    Grin  They are so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekburger

I'm a Beastie!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2004 01:40:24 PM »

thats really cute. I wanna make an apron for crafts whenever someone will show me how to use my sewing machine.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ivy Boyd: My Week in Beauty Challenge
Alyssa Wallace: My Week in Beauty Challenge
AJ Schulz: My Week in Beauty Challenge
How to Apply Bronzer
Celebrate Earth Day with Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...