A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,622
Currently Running With Scissors:
371 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christ-Centered Christmas Swap Gallery  (Read 18343 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2009 06:13:20 PM »

I think we should keep this up too! It would be great to have a little larger group next time around! i hope some of the people who were in
previous Christian swaps can join us! I'm going to take a swap break thru January, to focus on regenerating some income. That may or may not include getting a job! Pray for me to get a GOoD-Strategy so I can continue to craft and sew from home!
   Is there anyone out there with some "crafty"-computer marketing skills...
PM ME!
Heard from Malbert last night... We should be seeing her photos soon!

I am with you.  All this crafting has definitely got me looking at new ways to generate income without technically having a job.

I would love to continue and do another Christian Swap Post Christmas.  Maybe in after January.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2009 06:22:48 PM »

I'd be up for a Christian-themed swap after the holidays, too!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmysSculpturalBeading

www.sculpturalbeading.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2009 09:46:14 PM »

I'm in for another! Give me a buzz if there's another Aussie hanging without a partner? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sculpturalbeading.com

I like personal swaps!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2009 10:15:08 PM »

I'm in for another! Give me a buzz if there's another Aussie hanging without a partner? Tongue
THANKS! I'll remember that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2009 12:55:19 PM »

In other news:

Me and the kids put up the Christmas tree, but I decided against the multicolor theme.  This year I decorated my tree in deep purple, silver, white, blue and teal and I must say it is so pretty.  It reminds me of a Peacock.  So next year I will add peacock feathers and peacock material as my tree skirt (Yay)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2009 04:07:28 PM »

That does sound pretty, MsMia! We have the usual hodgepodge of ornaments, but decided to go with all blue lights this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2009 08:22:10 AM »

Prepare to be jealous guys, I have an ACTUAL vintage aluminum Christmas tree with the color wheel!  All the ornaments on it are vintage, too, some from family, some from estate sales, some from friends.  It's awesome!  Our "family" tree is white and all the goodies on it are bright red, green and gold.  It's the kind of tree that fun handmade stuff is just dieing to hang on.  I have a special place where all of my nativities go.  I think I may take a picture and put it in the swap discussion.  I think you guys might like it.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009 08:22:30 AM by KCMonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
Muria
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2009 09:56:07 AM »

I know Malbert stays busy, so I'll post the one picture I took of the crafted item I made for her.  I didn't take pictures of the rest of what I sent her, but I put a lot of time and effort into the crafted object, so I want to show it off.  Smiley

The snowflakes at the bottom are glitter felt (the snowflake in the third row is just folded under, not cut. Wish I'd seen that when I took the picture).  The pockets have scripture references written on them for the prophecies about the Messiah. The snowflakes button onto the pockets, and have the fulfillment of the prophecies written on the back of the snowflakes.  I also included a reference sheet, just in case it was difficult to read (considering I occasionally read a 2 as a 7, it was necessary).  Also in the box were some buttons, and some wool yarn, and some Hershey kisses in the pockets (because it's always good to get chocolate).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009 10:01:30 AM by Muria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2009 12:14:59 PM »

Muria, Thanks so much for posting that beautiful picture! It's something I wish I sat down and made! I'm sure you put HOURS of time into it. Do you mind if I copy it for next year? I think Malbert is dealing with finals this week. My mom works at a college, and it's all about finals right now there.
Still, a quick posting is really part of the expectations when you sign up for a swap.
  (I'm really trying to keep a pleasant tone here) HINT!!!
I Guess following Jesus is all about grace , right?
   MsMia, your tree sounds absolutely lovely! I really do hope you post some  pictures. Post them here if you like.
I'm not going to move the swap to closed status  until Homerof2 recieves her package. If worst case sceanario, it goes-------, I'm not able to close the swap until it has been accounted for, and we know all is well, or (Let's not say the rest)... I'm still believing it's just customs holding it up.
   I was able to give SimplyFabulous! feedback, since she e-mailed me photos, and we have an understanding. I am prepared to offer her some contributions if we need to make another package. (Fingers crossed, says a prayer)
  Meanwhile, I am busy making my long-not-seen-best friend, Stacy; a kitchen ensemble worthy of one of the finest tea salons! She has no clue! It started with aprons for the kids and pop and her, and has expanded to....(I have all this fabric, and it's just her style!) Since they're in thier own home at last, and have done nothing with the kitchen yet, I'm going to blow her away! I just wonder what the shipping is going to be on this box?
I'm probably going to post it in a housewares, or "What are you making for Christmas" thread.
   Talk to you all later! I've got bias to get on some placemats!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009 12:20:18 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2009 04:16:37 PM »

Muria, that is absolutely beautiful and such a great idea!

I was able to give SimplyFabulous! feedback, since she e-mailed me photos, and we have an understanding. I am prepared to offer her some contributions if we need to make another package. (Fingers crossed, says a prayer)

It's only been 11 days, nothing to worry about yet, especially with it being the Christmas season.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How Can We Regulate The Art Auction Block?
HPL Takes On: Creativity And Arts
جووسو، الدب الرسام
دب فنلندي يصنع ضجة بأعماله الفنية
رسوم متحركة على ثمرة اليقطين
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coffee, the nectar of life!
@Home This Weekend: Expecto Patronum Night Light!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...