A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christ-Centered Christmas Swap Gallery  (Read 11726 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2009 03:58:40 PM »

Yes KLKIng pushed the size a bit I think the box she sent me was Extra Large and she said she was sending a Med FRB.  But I am not complaining mind you as I am delighted with everything she sent.  I took my goodies to work today to show off and my co-worker was impressed too.  And when I came home from work I had a few more of the cookies and one of the tangerines.  Yumm Yumm.  Now my beautiful banner is back on my front door and it is actually the only Christmas decoration I have up yet.  I have just been to busy with other things to do much decorating yet.

This swap has been so much fun and it is funn to see the wonderful things showing up in the gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2009 09:40:22 PM »

I'm laughing my head off! Really I could have squashed the banner and left out the basket!LOL!!!
So, Please forgive my bad lighting, It was hard to photograph tonight. I took a lot of pics! My Mom is modeling my apron, but she can't have it.!
I just made one for her yesterday... THIS ONE IS ALL MINE, and I LOVE IT!!!!
OK... here's the box, I forgot to shoot pics before I started pulling everything out! It was like there was no end to the goodies hidden in there!

Next, I pulled out this package all wrapped up, there were three picture frames...
Look what they say...! JOY!  Sorry, L, the light made the frames look pink. They are really white!

Next, I opened this georgeous Apron! I needed a new apron, and was making them for others, but I like this one better than the ones I am giving! This one suits me perfectly, and matches Mom's house, too! Mom is modeling it for me. I am going to trace off this pattern... it is just the most Perfect apron pattern! And I LOVE the fabric she used!

THEN, she made me this incredibly beautiful Bible cover. It reminds me of Joseph's coat of many colors. I had it in my list, 'cause my favorite Bible is 23 yrs. old, and needs to be covered, or I can't take it out anymore. Isn't this beautiful? It has my name and one of my favorite scriptures on it, John 8:12

Hee's another picture of it, so you can see the back.... It's all silk pieces, with a gold velvet lining!

Now, the Bible cover was packed with all kinds of goodies! But, before I opened it, there was a real nice mug, with a message that I totally need in front of me..." Be Still and Know that I Am God"
Tons of scrapping supplies, too many to list... Did I forget to mention  the cotton yarn, in my favorite colors? 4 of them? I'm making something special to wear this spring! And a wire knitted bracelet... I was just drooling over those that Amy had made!

Oh, gosh, and jewelry parts, and beads, and more! 2 small scrap-books, some Chai tea. A wallet! It is so cute, and has candy on it. Sorry, some of these pics seem duplicated, but it's for close-ups.

I even love the card she wrote me, two ladies sharing tea.

Look at all these great jewelry parts, and I had NO silver parts! What a blessing you have been, eye_on_the_sparrow!
I just want to show the pic with the knitted bracelet in it.

See the beautiful bracelet? I'm wearing it this weekend! Oh, and check out the quilting templates! There's just so much stuff! I won't be able to sleep tonight! I wanna go play with my new toys! I let my daughter have the one tiny little scrap-book kit, just so she wouldn't be too jealous!
Thank You So Very Much, L!   You really Blessed me out of my socks!
K
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009 09:53:27 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2009 05:14:36 AM »

Actually KLKing the little picture frames are a little pinkish.  They started out as brown plastic frames from Dollar Tree and I wanted to paint them white and glittered.  But no matter how many coats of paint I put on them they still had this pink cast to them.  I decided the pink was pretty too and left well enough alone.  I think they look kind of retro but I was trying to go for a sort of Jewish color combo.  Sometimes what I am trying to achieve just doesn't happen.  I don't really do much scrapbooking type things like that even though I have all the supplies.  I'm so glad you like what i sent you and your pictures make everything look amazing.  Thanks for a great swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2009 05:48:33 AM »

Oh wow, what a fantastic package!  I love the wire bracelet and the apron, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2009 07:46:34 AM »

That wall hanging is absolutely gorgeous and I love the wind sock.  The bible cover is so unique and beautiful, and I am just about to wist those JOY pictures.  What a great idea!  I am having so much fun looking at what you guys have made, it's helping me get all in the Christmas mood considering it's still in the 60s here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
flower
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2009 10:37:06 AM »

I am having so much fun looking at what you guys have made, it's helping me get all in the Christmas mood considering it's still in the 60s here.

It's in the 60's?  The wind chill in Indiana has been below zero this week.  Imagine walking across campus in that.  I'm guessing you don't miss it.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2009 10:57:59 AM »

I guess I won't complain too much when I'm freezing at 55 degrees in here? This house gets cold...
  In reference to the pinkish frames, I actually like them! That's such a soft pretty color. You can see better in daylight. I had to take pictures last night, tho since there was SO much stuff, I just finished putting it all away! I think one of the first things I'm going to do is make a necklace or bracelet or two for my girlfriend's little girl. They had to move to Michigan, we both left San Francisco, and moved to different states, it will be 5 yrs in the early spring. I haven't seen her since she was a baby!
  I'm busy now making the first package I've ever sent to them since we all moved away....... I started feeling guilty making all these swap packages, and my dear friend never got anything!
 So, This year, I will make amends! Those jewelry parts are perfect!
  This swap has been so fun... I'm glad we only had 10 of us , as it's my first swap to organize. It was just the right size, with the right group of people! I hope we can get together again , and perhaps some of you who have been watching will join. But, it doesn't have to be a Holiday theme...
We can Honor Our Faith any time of the year!  I also think it doesn't have to necessarilly be a religious swap, however certain Christian ethics should be preserved. Please write in comments in the main swap thread.
We have only 2 packages still out there, one for Malbert, and  one for Homerof2.  I do think Malbert's should arrive today. I'm not so sure about the Canadian Post, though!
  If anyone really needs feedback, I'm just about ready to brave that feedback form! It's a tricky little piece of work! Ask Kaz814... I had to have the Mods fix the double entry, that looked like 2 swaps.
  BUT... It's all part of the job. So, when I start doing feedback, and it looks not right... you'll know why! It's 'cause I'm new at this!
  I am so very happy right now! Not only did I recieve a fabulous package, but I believe some great new friendships are beginning!
  Blessing in Christ... And Hugs and Kisses Too! K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2009 11:40:22 AM »

I am so happy everyone liked their packages, and I too am getting in the holiday spirit.  The temps here have been in 20s/30s and I am loving every minute of it, considering I spent 5 years in Houston, TX and every Christmas it was at least 80 degrees.

Merry Christmas everyone.  I get to celebrate my birthday on the 15th and I am so excited.  And I also got invited to a Cookie Exchange next week (my first ever!).  I love the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2009 12:01:45 PM »

Happy Birthday, MsMia! I could take the cold if it came with snow!
 Is it really almost Christmas? It wasn't long ago it was 110 degrees outside!
  I almost joined the cookie swap, but I was worried about extra shipping
commitments. Mom is in the middle of her Gingerbread cookies. I'd have sent some of those too, but they weren't ready yet.
 It's great to get out the Christmas music. I only have 3 cd's I bought
last year, but they're really nice. This year all my gifts are going to be hand-made. And, I'm just getting started!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2009 05:12:50 PM »

Oh my KLKing you better get busy if you are making all you Christmas gifts and haven't started yet.  I tend to wait until the last minute too.  When my kids were little you would find me on Christmas eve trying to finish up something for them.  Now I am much more relaxed about Christmas.  The lovely banner you sent me has put me in the Christmas spirit.  And after my daughter graduate tomorrow and I have that behind me I can concentrate on Christmas.  This has been a really nice swap everyone sent such pretty things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Raku Style Firing with Horse Hair
Finished Pieces from the Kiln - Two Little Jars
How to Throw a Large Platter
How to make a Raku Vase
How to Decorate with Slip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...